• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT| Home of Frabjous Guardians

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
But my Hunter is already 95% going to be an Awoken (might go Human if there were beards cough), and my Titan is probably going to be an Exo too. And then I won't have a single Human.

Let the humans worry about that.

BgTZpus.jpg

I seriously hope you are not considering getting Destiny for just the campaign. You will be disappointed if so.

The campaign is the rainbow. The rest is the pot of gold at the end.
I didn't enjoy the PvP from the Alpha or Beta too much, there's only 1 raid and I didn't even enjoy the Strike too much because bullet sponge bosses in FPS games are terrible imo. I don't know, waiting on impressions. I wasn't going to buy it solely for the campaign, but I wanted a lot of exploration/progression and it really doesn't seem like that's the case at all.

Stoze

Yes, I meant after the level 5 requirement.

I imagine you could level very fast by doing the crucible bounties as they give a bunch of exp, but you can only hold 5 and they don't add new ones for like 8 hours or something. That's how it was in the beta of course. So...more like spurts of quick leveling. That's my guess.

Xater

can someone explain to me why this unlocks at 1am instead of midnight in mainland europe??

It does? I'm from Germany and it says it unlocks in 37 minutes which is midnight.

I played Hunter and Warlock in the Alpha. Warlock was by far the more fun class so it was top of my list. Then I tried Titan in the beta. The rest is history.

Fist of Havoc is just so satisfying and being able to charge into enemy faces with my knee will be the best thing ever.

Hehe you did the same way I did with the classes. pretty funny.

Lemnisc8

Holy shit this thread moves fast, gotta go find that hand drawn sonic picture.

In answer to several posts probably many pages back by the time I hit "post"

1) Yes, I'll have a big fat one rolled cuphead.
2) Hunter
3) Exo. All exo.

1 sleep.

Hold me, GAF.

Darknight

Question. Is the PS3 ghost edition worth buying? Like besides the game+DLC, is the other crap worth the ~$60 it cost me??(Amazon tax FTL) Im thinking of cancelling the preorder on Amazon. I was gonna sell the PS3 copy for the PS4 copy but I feel I may just buy a cheap PS4 copy down the line. Thoughts?

If anyone wants a PSN buddy for random play feel free to add me: PSN - Mullet2000

Going to be a Sunsinger Warlock once I unlock it, and I plan to play a whole lot of PvP. You can even benefit from me using radiance to speed up your cooldowns!

ethomaz

Banned
What? Really?
From patch notes.

Warlock

VOIDWALKER

Nova Bomb Vortex duration reduced from 5 to 3.5 seconds.
Nova Bomb Vortex effects now has displays for its victims.
Energy Drain impact damage increased by 10% (base 100 to 110)
Soul Rip super bonus on kill increased from 6% to 10% bonus
Vortex Grenade linger damage reduced by 50% (base 15 to 10) per tick
Surge now grants a bonus to reload and weapon-ready speed
Surge now activates when doing damage to an enemy instead of killing blow
Surge agility buff increased by 33% (base 10 to 13)

SUNSINGER

Firebolt Grenade impact damage reduced by 20% (base 100 to 80)
Flame Shield now activates when doing damage to an enemy instead of killing blow
Flame Shield now provides a small overshield
Solar Grenade linger damage reduced by 50% (base 15 to 10) per tick

Appaaaarently, hand cannons just got rather buffed and are rocking faces in PvP for the moment

From memory and also from streams I have been watching it looks like the auto rifle balance changes are to give the guns more shake when shooting instead of being a call of duty laser rifle of death.

Oh god Gaf. I curiously went on Amazon to see if they had limited editions stocked not expecting it to be available. Surprisingly it was and i grabbed one! WHAT HAVE I DONE. I dont remember the last time i spent 100 dollars on one video game.

tl:tr AMAZONS GOT LIMITED EDITIONS AVAILABLE

BraXzy

Hmm. I need to decide on a character class and race since I've now bought the game huh. Otherwise I'll spend an hour or so at character select and have to play catch up to my friends :3

Cuphead

Banned
Oh god Gaf. I curiously went on Amazon to see if they had limited editions stocked not expecting it to be available. Surprisingly it was and i grabbed one! WHAT HAVE I DONE. I dont remember the last time i spent 100 dollars on one video game.

Congrats!!!! Enjoy that hard case. The 100 is worth it since you're getting those expansions!

tmac456

i've only posted 14...now 15 times in this thread

soniamdisappoint.jpeg

another chance to throw my PSN out there: Hoosier07 add me muddafackas

won't have the game in my hands till i leave work at 9am'ish EST

welcome-to-the-club-gif.gif

I just checked, they do seem to be in stock of the PS4 version right now: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00LH6CBA8/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Hmm. I need to decide on a character class and race since I've now bought the game huh. Otherwise I'll spend an hour or so at character select and have to play catch up to my friends :3

Exo Hunter, Exo Titan, or Exo Warlock are solid choices. Especially the first one :D

Just checked my tracking # and my Ghost Edition has departed from the shipping hub in Kentucky.

If it's anything like the launch day PS4s, there is a warehouse full of Ghost Editions 15 minutes away from my house but they won't send me one of those, because it might get here early.

Probably so. I live fairly close to that hub and regularly get things I purchase delivered next day without paying anything for shipping. One night I had a dream about Alien and went and bought the blu ray set at around 5:00AM the next morning. The UPS man rang my doorbell that evening after I got off work. It was pretty weird.

Preorders though, without fail, will ALWAYS ship out after midnight of launch day for me. So much so that I don't even sweat it anymore when I go to bed the night before launch and see that my game hasn't even shipped yet.

Namikaze1

Why am I broke at this moment, God? Why?!

calder

I got a shit ton of work done today. Feeling good about taking the next two days off - my current plan is go home, have a nap, then watch a movie/play minecraft for a bit. If PSN holds up I'll play a bit tonight, if not I'll just go to bed and get up tomorrow whenever and try it out.

Also, I'm happy because we bought a new car and get to pick that up this Saturday. Fun week! :)

Beaulieu

Bit the bullet and bought the 70$ version on PSN.

Preload was only 200mbs.... seems really fishy...
Also, wtf, I have to wait 3 AM before playing ? Why ?

should have gone with physical version.... ;/

LordofPwn

Lol, only $100.

And with that i'm off to go get ready for midnight launch.
See you starside GAF.

PSN: LordofPwn

Marvel

could never
Could be worse, Nami... you could be a Slug.

Eh? how shit would that be? you look like a turd, you're covered in slime and you can't even cry because if you do the tears will melt your face.
Russel Howard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom