• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT10| Working as Intended

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone want to work on a low level character later tonight?

I'm running the hard raid on Atheon at 9pm EST so sometime after that.

Level 15 Warlock

Level 30 Titan and Level 29 Hunter are mains

PS4
Cosmos_Man

I'm ruining out of ass shards. I took a break from my main when I got my full set of raid gear but didn't have the bounties to level it. ended up on a good streak and leveled my alt from a 25 to 29, but didn't realize that I had burned through a bunch of shards.

I may have to wait one more reset before getting to 30.

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
It can come from leveling up Vanguard. Actually, I think I got mine from getting a Cryptarch level. I can't really remember.
I think there's something to it -- I've gotten Blood Pact probably 20 times on Tiger Strikes but no other shaders. I got Lunar Elegy and Gilgamesh multiple times from the crucible, etc.

Ourobolus

Banned
Anyone up for a normal raid at 9PM EST? I ran one once today, but since I took a nap earlier (felt sick), I'm gonna be a little wired.

28 Titan

PSN: Ourobolus

Karl2177

you mean like leveling them up, or what?

i never planned on playing multiple characters, but it mixes things up. I actually really like all three of them.

Leveling them all up took a while, but I'm talking about optimizing how much you can get per day with maybe an hour or two of game time. I have a 29 Hunter that just needs Shards to hit 30, a 28 Titan that needs raid shit, and a 23 Warlock that needs Legendary gear to do the raid to get raid gear. It's just at this point in the game, everything is so time consuming.

GhaleonEB

Love the thread and title.

I'm slowly plugging away. I splurged half of my Vanguard marks for some legendary gauntlets and boots, which bumped me to level 26. My only reliable source of ascendant shards are the daily heroic story missions, so I'm getting ~1 each day. At this rate I'll have them all leveled up by the end of the month. But hey it's progress.

I have nearly 150 pieces of wire.

LordofPwn

New thread new post

FLAWLESS RAID ATTEMPTS ON PS4 @ 8pm Bungie time (3 hours from now)

Let's go!

1. LordofPwn lvl 30 warlock with max hypehorn, IB, and VoC
2. DairyZeus lvl 30 Titan
3. JayEH lvl 29 Titan

Let's fill it up!

Love the thread and title.

I'm slowly plugging away. I splurged half of my Vanguard marks for some legendary gauntlets and boots, which bumped me to level 26. My only reliable source of ascendant shards are the daily heroic story missions, so I'm getting ~1 each day. At this rate I'll have them all leveled up by the end of the month. But hey it's progress.

I have nearly 150 pieces of wire.

Try to do as many public events as you can. First gold tier will get you shard/energy. After that you might get a shard or two from random public events. I suggest trying to do 4-5 public events a day if you have the time. You can check for public event Time/place online

Beat VoG on normal. Immediately start on hard. Finish the first section and no loot.

What is going on is that normal?

Only the bosses will drop loot for each difficulty level. The chests only give loot once

Edit** I think the left gorgon chest gives loot twice. Not sure on that one though. That's the one that gives exotics

I basically took my second and third characters to level 26 right when they hit 20 due to gear I'd collected on previous characters. If you've got the gear already, it's really quick. Plus it's cool to see how all the classes/subclasses play.

Needed dem ass shards. Sharded everything that wasn't warlock material :(

EL CUCO

I know that feeling D:

I was playing AW's campaign and like... ugh, couldn't take it after 2 hours.

Destiny? 8 hours straight no problem.

You aint kidding.

AW feels like a cheap side piece that I'll pop in for fun. Destiny is my main girl that I'm completely invested in. As much crap as I give Bungie for Destiny's short comings, I have to give them props for being able to capture that in some of us. I always played a ton of Halo but whenever the next COD came out, I would throw it to the side. Not Destiny...

zewone

Level 15 Warlock

PS4
Cosmos_Man
Do you have room in your Hard Atheon group for two?

I wanted to read a bit of the last thread before checking out this one. I skip to the last page.

dont be posting hyar
I ask "Hawkian, who's hyar and what did he say to make you tell him not to post here anymore?"

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh 'hyar' as in here....

You aint kidding.

AW feels like a cheap side piece that I'll pop in for fun. Destiny is my main girl that I'm completely invested in. As much crap as I give Bungie for Destiny's short comings, I have to give them props for being able to capture that in some of us. I always played a ton of Halo but whenever the next COD came out, I would throw it to the side. Not Destiny...

I'm on the same boat. I was always the type of guy that every week would get bored of his current game and moved on to the next thing. So far, this game actually makes me think before I buy something. I think to myself, ok, this looks cool. Now, will I be able to grind my mats, do my raid, and still play this, or no?

I was going to buy Dragon Age. As surprising as it might sound, I'm skipping it, simply because with school and Destiny, I don't have time for anything else on my main console. My handheld, sure, I can just pick it up and play for a bit, but that's a different story.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
ohboy 71 posts per hour so far!
Leveling them all up took a while, but I'm talking about optimizing how much you can get per day with maybe an hour or two of game time. I have a 29 Hunter that just needs Shards to hit 30, a 28 Titan that needs raid shit, and a 23 Warlock that needs Legendary gear to do the raid to get raid gear. It's just at this point in the game, everything is so time consuming.
maybe I'm just looking at it differently, but if you only have a certain period per day, just play the class you feel like playing. don't even bother trying to split your time evenly between them. just do what you want to do, who cares if they progress at uneven rates.

the funny thing is I agree with you, with 3 characters it's just nuts how much stuff there would be required to max them all out each week. at the same time we've had plenty of people asking for the mark cap to be raised, saying the raid should give loot multiple times per week, saying they had "nothing to do til reset," etc. there's such a huge range of playstyles and habits approaching this game that it's bananas.

I'm on the same boat. I was always the type of guy that every week would get bored of his current game and moved on to the next thing. So far, this game actually makes me think before I buy something. I think to myself, ok, this looks cool. Now, will I be able to grind my mats, do my raid, and still play this, or no?

I was going to buy Dragon Age. As surprising as it might sound, I'm skipping it, simply because with school and Destiny, I don't have time for anything else on my main console. My handheld, sure, I can just pick it up and play for a bit, but that's a different story.
I bought the wireless gold headset just because I play destiny so much I thought I'd support it more (not support activsion but support my playing of the game). Turns out I can hear the chest noise with these things on (not enough for it to help me not skip chests probably but at least I know it's real now)..

thaOwner

Level 15 Warlock

PS4
Cosmos_Man
I'm interested if there is still room. Gen_hof

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I wanted to read a bit of the last thread before checking out this one. I skip to the last page.

I ask "Hawkian, who's hyar and what did he say to make you tell him not to post here anymore?"

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh 'hyar' as in here....

now whar hyar instead of thar!

ohboy 71 posts per hour so far!

maybe I'm just looking at it differently, but if you only have a certain period per day, just play the class you feel like playing. don't even bother trying to split your time evenly between them. just do what you want to do, who cares if they progress at uneven rates.

the funny thing is I agree with you, with 3 characters it's just nuts how much stuff there would be required to max them all out each week. at the same time we've had plenty of people asking for the mark cap to be raised, saying the raid should give loot multiple times per week, saying they had "nothing to do til reset," etc. there's such a huge range of playstyles and habits approaching this game that it's bananas.

These days I can't even max my weekly marks. School has got me busy, and I just don't run the Tiger Playlist as often as I used to. I spend most of my time on patrols actually.

New thread new post

Let's go!

3. JayEH lvl 29 Titan

Let's fill it up!

As always, I'm happy to help any flawless team if they need a reliable member. But I also don't want to take a spot from someone who still needs the trophy and I'm sure you guys are more than capable of getting it done. So put me down for it if you need someone to help, but I will also jump out to make room for people who need the trophy. I've probably run that shit more and died less than just about anyone, haha. It's the only gaming I do nowadays outside the weekly reset.

I'm also happy to run it multiple times with different groups if there is enough interest. There's no reason we can't get it done in 1-3 attempts, max. Glitches are not a big problem anymore.

Edit: Btw, great title for OT10 Hawkian. It was the right choice. :)

I might be in the doghouse now. Raid last night took longer than expected and the wife was not happy. She apparently asked me to take care of some things around the house and she went to bed alone. She now "officially hates Destiny". Probably going to have to take a break for a bit. Damn, Things had been going so well for the last 2 months.

How does everyone else balance gaming and family?

zewone

New thread new post

Let's go!

3. JayEH lvl 29 Titan

Let's fill it up!
Sign me up. 30 Hunter.

These days I can't even max my weekly marks. School has got me busy, and I just don't run the Tiger Playlist as often as I used to. I spend most of my time on patrols actually.

There have been weeks where I didn't do any strikes and filled my marks by doing public events only. Problem is there is nothing to buy with the marks

got my warlock alt to nearly 25 in 3 days. it took me much longer the first time around with my titan. can't wait to get him raid ready and see what he can do.

I might be in the doghouse now. Raid last night took longer than expected and the wife was not happy. She apparently asked me to take care of some things around the house and she went to bed alone. She now "officially hates Destiny". Probably going to have to take a break for a bit. Damn, Things had been going so well for the last 2 months.

How does everyone else balance gaming and family?

Welcome to the party! Wife enrage is real.

I try to let her watch her shows and knock out the to do list then. After that, I wait, and hope that she falls asleep on the couch. If I'm doing the raid I make sure to tell her to not wait up for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom