• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT10| Working as Intended

Status
Not open for further replies.

deafmedal

My buddy and I have hard Atheon if anyone would like to help us on ps4, half the group had to bounce and we'd really like to finish this. He's 30, I'm 29 many maxed weapons... halp us prease

PSN deafmedal

someday

Banned
So many OTs for this game. At this rate, we'll hit the Bekenstein limit.
Lol

I finally did the Raid!!! A guy from school invited me to join his clan for the day and they didn't mind helping a couple of raid newbies. It took several hours and I'm beat. And all I got was shards, energy, the Titan mark, and Chatterwhite. But now I'm hooked. I'll be trying to do the normal one a few more times to get gear and practice that stupid jumping part. I wiped sooooo many times there. I want Fatebringer but I can't complain since I got TLW and Hawkmoon last week doing nightfalls.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
You wanna play crucible with my lvl 13 Hunter? I'm consistently second in my team

Today's topic: "playing Crucible on low level alts really shows you how unbalanced the PvP is in Destiny"

The hypothesis: that's bullshit

The experiment: play my very best in my first ever Rumble match on my baby Titan and see if I feel the results should be blamed on poor balance.

B2Cz_9DCMAA9aRa.jpg:large
Dat loadout.

Okay, first I need to unlock Rumble.

Clash on First Light, blech.
Well, it's a win, 1.0 k/d, and third on my team. I'll take it.

Now then... aha, Firebase Delphi.
ahahahah fucking PLEASE.

in this match I had the powerful ability to make Heavy Weapon Ammo disappeeeeeaaaaar (can't use Heavy Weapons at all at level 9)

Again to be clear this was my first ever Rumble match as a Titan. Defenders, as I suspected by the way, are no joke in the Crucible. I can't imagine what it'll feel lke when I am fully leveled and can craft builds with this thing. Force Barrier is a fucking menace to society... guardians better look out when there's a 2 next to that 9 one day.

It's almost as if knowledge of the maps, leveraging your subclass, adjusting to weapon type matchups, and- dare I say it- player skill are more important than levels/unlocks/specific guns in Destiny.

Well, this side of the Iron Banner anyway.

You gotta understand. It's a handicap, playing at a low level, absolutely no doubt. There's no question it's easier to get your ass handed to you at level 9 than 20 or 28. But handicaps can be overcome. If nothing else, this confirms that balance questions in Destiny certainly shouldn't be centered around making low levels more competitive. Come on now. Suck it up if you want to play on a lowbie.

Next time on Destiny Mythbusters: "Xur rotates exotic weapons between primary, special, and heavy each week"

FUCK I don't have enough money to buy 10 fusion rifles!! Gonna grind the heck out of "We've woken the hive" with the black wax idol on, hopefully that will help me get there. I have 2:30hrs!

FUCK I don't have enough money to buy 10 fusion rifles!! Gonna grind the heck out of "We've woken the hive" with the black wax idol on, hopefully that will help me get there. I have 2:30hrs!
MAYBE first mars mission, heroic. "Access Codes? [...] DOS is harder." Pop an access code for cabal money. kill all the yellows (leave some normal alive) then suicide. Repeat?

Fitts

After throwing it away twice early on I was finally offered the bounty for Super Good Advice again. It's the last of the exotic bounties I have to clear. The question is, gaf, do I have any reason to? I hear it's not that great of a weapon to begin with and I already have several kickass heavy weapons to choose from.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Lol

I finally did the Raid!!! A guy from school invited me to join his clan for the day and they didn't mind helping a couple of raid newbies. It took several hours and I'm beat. And all I got was shards, energy, the Titan mark, and Chatterwhite. But now I'm hooked. I'll be trying to do the normal one a few more times to get gear and practice that stupid jumping part. I wiped sooooo many times there. I want Fatebringer but I can't complain since I got TLW and Hawkmoon last week doing nightfalls.
Congrats on your first raid!

Kalamari

After throwing it away twice early on I was finally offered the bounty for Super Good Advice again. It's the last of the exotic bounties I have to clear. The question is, gaf, do I have any reason to? I hear it's not that great of a weapon to begin with and I already have several kickass heavy weapons to choose from.

Do it for the Grimoire score.

Cømet

Banned
Salvage is such an orgy of rockets and assholery. So glad I've got the trophy now so I never, ever ever have to play it again.

neoism

soo guys I haven't played in like 3 days, and I tried to play a few games but it was turning my wifi off completely in the whole house.. didn't do this all day until I started my ps4... also

WHAT THE FUCK its taking 4 fucking hours to download and The Binging of Isaac update file @_@ fuck this guess I will have to go physical for GTA 5.
I did switch to a cable but is still fucking insanely sloooooooooooooooooooooooowwwww..

PSN :( fuck you soony :/

Someone here talked it up a few days ago. I just got the bounty today and now I'm actually excited to get it.

Basically in PVP he can shoot down an empty hallway for 10+ seconds for cover fire.

Cømet

Banned
soo guys I haven't played in like 3 days, and I tried to play a few games but it was turning my wifi off completely in the whole house.. didn't do this all day until I started my ps4... also

WHAT THE FUCK its taking 4 fucking hours to download and The Binging of Isaac update file @_@ fuck this guess I will have to go physical for GTA 5.
I did switch to a cable but is still fucking insanely sloooooooooooooooooooooooowwwww..

PSN :( fuck you soony :/

Definitely go physical. The Wii's online service was more stable than PS4's.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Remember you need to have a fusion rifle of some kind to get the kills in the Nightfall to end the bounty, so if you don't have a legendary already you'll actually need 11 blues.

For the 200 Kills in Nightfall for the Pocket Infinity bounty, will any kills count or do they have to be with Fusion rifles. For some reason I thought it had to be Fusion Rifle kills but the bounty words it that any kills will count.

LordofPwn

Next time on Destiny Mythbusters: "Xur rotates exotic weapons between primary, special, and heavy each week"

Wk 1: primary
Wk 2: heavy
Wk 3: primary?

Lol, pressure is really on for me now. :) That's when I play my best though, excited to get it done.
ComputerMkII may take your place as I'm not sure if Comp has trophy yet. But if someone doesn't show we may still need you. Better to have too many than not enough.

Ramirez

For the 200 Kills in Nightfall for the Pocket Infinity bounty, will any kills count or do they have to be with Fusion rifles. For some reason I thought it had to be Fusion Rifle kills but the bounty words it that any kills will count.

Has to be fusion, but you can farm mobs in the other planet zones as long as they're 28.

Fitts

Today's topic: "playing Crucible on low level alts really shows you how unbalanced the PvP is in Destiny"

Some of the most fun I've had with this game is entering crucible at a low level with my alts. Stripping all the good gear/abilities away also seems to help one "git gud" as you become wholly reliant on fundamentals.

As someone who's good at pvp and who I believe to be a hand cannon enthusiast, what is your choice between Thorn and Hawkmoon? I've been rolling Thorn for a while now and was just blessed with Hawkmoon over the weekend. The latter is already really good without upgrades, but I find the DOT shenanigans of Thorn to be tough to give up because... well, there's fun to be had with it.

Another question, do you have Fatebringer? I still haven't gotten it but would be interested to known how it compares to Hawkmoon (will be maxed) and Devil You Know (my longtime main) for PvE.

gdt

So today was an amazing day.

Took my alt from lvl 18 to 20, then alllll the way to 25 with gear I had in the vault. Then a little more leveling took her to 26.

Then kind gaffers sorta carried my 26 through the raid (corrective measures kicked holy ass on those oracles), then another gaffer and I did the character switch move to get my 26 through the nightfall, then did the same for the weekly. Paid it back and helped someone get through the NF.

Got VOC which is awesome, and Final Rest II which is my first fusion rifle in a long time. (How is final rest II btw?)

Ohhhh and my man is selling rare fusions? Sweeeeet.

Awesome day.

ComputerMkII may take your place as I'm not sure if Comp has trophy yet. But if someone doesn't show we may still need you. Better to have too many than not enough.

Sounds good. I will keep checking the thread and be ready to jump in if necessary. I want as many people as possible to get that trophy.

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
I might be in the doghouse now. Raid last night took longer than expected and the wife was not happy. She apparently asked me to take care of some things around the house and she went to bed alone. She now "officially hates Destiny". Probably going to have to take a break for a bit. Damn, Things had been going so well for the last 2 months.

How does everyone else balance gaming and family?

I have a 1-year old and it's hard. Basically, my girlfriend and I fight over the TV all the time. She also hates Destiny and especially Raids because she knows I respect my fellow gaffers too much to go AFK, put non-raid related bullshit through the Mic, quit without warning., etc. So when I'm playing the Vault, she usually isn't happy but deals with it -- .....because she has to. I've made it clear over and over that I need my time to game and I just try to strike a balance between attention payed to her and games that require my utmost attention.

Sometimes I'll have to end up playing after she and the baby are asleep, sacrificing my own sleep in the process. But as time has gone by, my lady has become a little more understanding, it's always a give and take.

Everyone working on pocket infinity: HOW TO GET 200 NIGHTFALL KILLS on Mars:

-Join nightfall.
-Turn right, follow path, find buried city (aka the dark tunnel aka most of the mission A Rising Tide)
-Run back and forth through that whole tunnel killing 28's.
-Switch to primary, and use your super on the only two shielded cabal in that whole tunnel and hope for secondary ammo (juggler is active). Same against the Hydra.

ocean

Banned
So I was running a Normal raid with an unfamiliar team today that was on the quiet side. Not the smoothest run ever but it was alright. Only one wipe at gatekeepers and maybe 4 or 5 at Atheon. Still, I was feeling bummed about the raid gear situation.

I got Helm and Boots weeks ago on both my Titan and my Warlock. I have Exotics so all I need is chest or gauntlets for either in order to hit 30. For over 3 weeks now, running Normal and Hard, zero luck. I guess it was just bumming me out a little.

Then Atheon decided to be a pal and drop Vision of morherfucking Confluence for me. Stoked again and I'll play more actively than I have in a while this week just to level that baby up.

Technical question: should I give Truth, Hezen Vengeance or Corrective Measure upgrading priority for the raid? CM can shoot Praetorians before they leave their cave...but HV lets me nearly kill that Venus Praetorian consistently...but Truth would be great for Gatekeeper...decisions.

Edit: where the hell is the Vault in the redesigned iOS companion app?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom