• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT10| Working as Intended

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stantron

New thread new post

FLAWLESS RAID ATTEMPTS ON PS4 @ 8pm Bungie time (3 hours from now)

Let's go!

1. LordofPwn lvl 30 warlock with max hypehorn, IB, and VoC
2. DairyZeus lvl 30 Titan
3. JayEH lvl 29 Titan
4. Stantron lvl 29 Titan

Let's fill it up!

Alright, I'm in. Got to aetheon several times before without dying. Hope we can overcome the glitches.

I might be in the doghouse now. Raid last night took longer than expected and the wife was not happy. She apparently asked me to take care of some things around the house and she went to bed alone. She now "officially hates Destiny". Probably going to have to take a break for a bit. Damn, Things had been going so well for the last 2 months.

How does everyone else balance gaming and family?

Not sure if you have kids, but I know I could never balance it if we had children. Luckily my wife and I were always in agreement about not wanting kids so that isn't a problem. Sometimes it can be tricky with the wife but it's just about communication. She will tell me if she wants to spend time together and I will also make sure to spend time with her so she doesn't always have to ask. Also, she's awesome and we have a ton of fun together so it's not a problem. Make sure things are balanced, help around the house with chores she hates doing, and both parties need to be reasonable and honest. Speaking of which, I have some dishes to do, haha.

phen0m24

I'm on the same boat. I was always the type of guy that every week would get bored of his current game and moved on to the next thing. So far, this game actually makes me think before I buy something. I think to myself, ok, this looks cool. Now, will I be able to grind my mats, do my raid, and still play this, or no?

I was going to buy Dragon Age. As surprising as it might sound, I'm skipping it, simply because with school and Destiny, I don't have time for anything else on my main console. My handheld, sure, I can just pick it up and play for a bit, but that's a different story.
This is the first game since Battlefield
that I CAN'T freaking wait to play. With other people. In the last week I raided with 2 new groups
miss the original crew - they were my first
did part of a HM run, shot 8.6 trillion rounds at SpongeBob and picked up my first exotic bounty.
OT11|Is the gunsmith selling rare Fusion rifles?

And I'm sitting here on a lounge chair on vacation reading posts about Destiny.

OT12|Dr. I have a problem

There have been weeks where I didn't do any strikes and filled my marks by doing public events only. Problem is there is nothing to buy with the marks

Yeah I feel you. At these points I guess buying equipment to either shard or to make a new character would be the way to go.

This is the first game since Battlefield
that I CAN'T freaking wait to play. With other people. In the last week I raided with 2 new groups
miss the original crew - they were my first
did part of a HM run, shot 8.6 trillion rounds at SpongeBob and picked up my first exotic bounty.
OT11|Is the gunsmith selling rare Fusion rifles?

And I'm sitting here on a lounge chair on vacation reading posts about Destiny.

OT12|Dr. I have a problem

I can totally relate friend. Bungie got themselves a hitter here, they just aren't treating it right. I'm sure things will get better, but if only these changes came sooner!

Deku Tree

Love the thread and title.

I'm slowly plugging away. I splurged half of my Vanguard marks for some legendary gauntlets and boots, which bumped me to level 26. My only reliable source of ascendant shards are the daily heroic story missions, so I'm getting ~1 each day. At this rate I'll have them all leveled up by the end of the month. But hey it's progress.

I have nearly 150 pieces of wire.

Hook up with some Gaffers and do the raid. It will get you lots and lots of shards. You can do it at lvl26 although 27 or 28 is better.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
So before yesterday, I had never gotten a weapon drop above blue. Started the Raid for the first time and got Pradyth's Revenge. Tonight I ran a nightfall for the first time. Got Hawkmoon. After that we finished our raid and I got Vision of Confluence and a SECOND Hawkmoon. I now worship at the altar of RNGesus

Ramirez

I might be in the doghouse now. Raid last night took longer than expected and the wife was not happy. She apparently asked me to take care of some things around the house and she went to bed alone. She now "officially hates Destiny". Probably going to have to take a break for a bit. Damn, Things had been going so well for the last 2 months.

How does everyone else balance gaming and family?

Getting a divorce helped my balance.

maomaoIYP

Best match in Rumble happened last night.
Got dumped into a match halfway, with the leader 10 kills ahead.
Got killed twice right out of the gate.
Heavy ammo comes in, I take out my LMG and start cleaning house. I kill other dudes who drop their heavy ammo for me and I make it last till the next heavy ammo box. Next thing I know, I have a 19 kill streak and I win.

Strider

4 of my regular raid group from when Destiny launched decided they weren't getting the expansion. The last one sold his PS4 today :(

RIP regular raid group.

X-Frame

So before yesterday, I had never gotten a weapon drop above blue. Started the Raid for the first time and got Pradyth's Revenge. Tonight I ran a nightfall for the first time. Got Hawkmoon. After that we finished our raid and I got Vision of Confluence and a SECOND Hawkmoon. I now worship at the altar of RNGesus

Wow, so jealous!

Hawkmoon is probably 1 of the 3 guns I really really really want.

4 of my regular raid group from when Destiny launched decided they weren't getting the expansion. The last one sold his PS4 today :(

RIP regular raid group.

I can relate to this. I'd gone through 3 different semi-regular raid groups before finding gaffers who ran flawless a bunch together. Hopefully we will all still be around for the DLCs, but life gets in the way. It's really hard to consistently coordinate schedules and interests of 6 human beings, haha.

Got Corrective Measure for my efforts and it seems awesome plus I am missing a decent MG or a Void weapon. What's the general opinion?

CM is the best legendary MG in the game, arguably the best MG period. Great weapon, especially for the raid and void burns.

Sucks about your raid team but it's really hard to find a good group. If you are on PS4 and need help finishing Atheon some time, just post here and I will help if I'm around as will plenty of other Gaffers I'm sure.

excowboy

First full run at the raid this evening and it all went pretty smooth until Atheon. Had 3 who were strangers to me in our team and requests for info on what I should be doing during the fight/how it works were ignored until I messed things up at which point I got grief.

Tried a few times to stop and have a conversation so someone could take the lead in terms of strategy but we just repeatedly wiped and then immediately started over. It was wierd - no-one seemed bothered even though its clearly not that difficult and everyone was levelled/proficient enough. After an hour I called it a night!

Got Corrective Measure for my efforts and it seems awesome plus I am missing a decent MG or a Void weapon. What's the general opinion?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
First full run at the raid this evening and it all went pretty smooth until Atheon. Had 3 who were strangers to me in our team and requests for info on what I should be doing during the fight/how it works were ignored until I messed things up at which point I got grief.

Tried a few times to stop and have a conversation so someone could take the lead in terms of strategy but we just repeatedly wiped and then immediately started over. It was wierd - no-one seemed bothered even though its clearly not that difficult and everyone was levelled/proficient enough. After an hour I called it a night!

certainly one of the best heavy weapons in the game.

LordofPwn

As always, I'm happy to help any flawless team if they need a reliable member. But I also don't want to take a spot from someone who still needs the trophy and I'm sure you guys are more than capable of getting it done. So put me down for it if you need someone to help, but I will also jump out to make room for people who need the trophy. I've probably run that shit more and died less than just about anyone, haha. It's the only gaming I do nowadays outside the weekly reset.

I'm also happy to run it multiple times with different groups if there is enough interest. There's no reason we can't get it done in 1-3 attempts, max. Glitches are not a big problem anymore.

Edit: Btw, great title for OT10 Hawkian. It was the right choice. :)
I'll add you to the list, thanks! What's your psn?

Sign me up. 30 Hunter.

Alright, I'm in. Got to aetheon several times before without dying. Hope we can overcome the glitches.

Added!! Should be good to go now. Can always take alternates if things pop up for people.

zewone

Corrective Measure is probably the best MG in the game, besides maybe Thunderlord.

Daggoth

Geneijin
Firehawk
iRAWRasaurus
Milkham
Wonzo
and RuthlesBarbarian

(I don't think these are all the corresponding GAF/PS4 names, it's a mix)

Many thanks for the flawless attempts on the weekend. It was fun finding new, creative ways to die!

For anyone curious, we had three shots at Atheon, but we'd already had deaths (no wipes) earlier in the run.

1) First death inbetween Templar and the Gorgons. No deaths on jumping and Gatekeepers. Atheon teleoprted zero people the first time, then three as normal for all remaining phases (3 or 4?). I tripped on my own rocket on the second last phase.

2) First death at jumping puzzle, followed by many more (practice is good). One death at Gatekeepers, I believe. Atheon behaved normally.

3) Same as 2), except the Gatekeeper death did not get a 30s rez - it was auto due to the battle ending. Don't know if that makrs a difference or not. Anyway, Atheon was a total fucking bastard. Two phases of 0 and 1. I inadvertently backed into the left portal, got marked, then went to cry in a corner, eventually died and rezzed. After that, Atheon teleoprted the same two people (myself and Firehawk) for about four phases straight.

Strategy was: 3 people on each side, if two came through, we hauled ass. It worked pretty well. No weirdness with oracle marking.

We did not get Time's Vengeance at all. We tried but just failed to DPS him down - he had a sliver remaining before the enrage got us. That said, I was down for a while in the fight, and I didn't use heavy ammo which would've been another 7 Ghorn shots. Wasn't going to waste it. I reckon we could've got it at least 20s earlier if not for that.

It is very do-able, this was with 3 30's and 3 29's. It was also good to see the glitches in action and how to deal with them.

Wiped and all was good. No issues on the second attempt.

Looking forward to trying again. Just wish it wasn't so glitchy at the end :(

I'll add you to the list, thanks! What's your psn?

PSN is DrDrizzay101. Happy to help as much or as little as desired by the other members.

Wiped and all was good. No issues on the second attempt.

Looking forward to trying again. Just wish it wasn't so glitchy at the end :(

Yeah, glitches are clearly related to the hotfix at Atheon since they seem to require a wipe in order to load correctly. Really sucks for flawless of course, haha.

If you want help with glitch runs just let me know. I ain't afraid of no glitch, seen them all by now and know how to work around them. Still challenging though.

Welcome to the party! Wife enrage is real.

I try to let her watch her shows and knock out the to do list then. After that, I wait, and hope that she falls asleep on the couch. If I'm doing the raid I make sure to tell her to not wait up for me.

Not sure if you have kids, but I know I could never balance it if we had children. Luckily my wife and I were always in agreement about not wanting kids so that isn't a problem. Sometimes it can be tricky with the wife but it's just about communication. She will tell me if she wants to spend time together and I will also make sure to spend time with her so she doesn't always have to ask. Also, she's awesome and we have a ton of fun together so it's not a problem. Make sure things are balanced, help around the house with chores she hates doing, and both parties need to be reasonable and honest. Speaking of which, I have some dishes to do, haha.

We have young kids so it is tough to find time as it is since I rarely play when they are awake. At least not violent games. I already got my share of chores which is why I force the issue on game time sometimes, but communication could probably be better.

Getting a divorce helped my balance.

Lol, that would certainly help for game time, but that isn't what I would call a solution.

phen0m24

Yeah I feel you. At these points I guess buying equipment to either shard or to make a new character would be the way to go.

I can totally relate friend. Bungie got themselves a hitter here, they just aren't treating it right. I'm sure things will get better, but if only these changes came sooner!

Sometimes I wonder if we
and when I say we I mean GAF
could do a weekly Destiny-specific podcast/video show. "Tales from the Vault," "Fig's PvP
Mytho
Forecast," Player of the Week (flawless runs, plats, ), fan thank-you section (Hawkian noob raid,MADGAME noob raid, stories of Nightfalls or heroics saved by super hero GAFers) Hawk's Perch (weapon reviews) and an OT update.

Dares to dream...

Ramirez

We have young kids so it is tough to find time as it is since I rarely play when they are awake. At least not violent games. I already got my share of chores which is why I force the issue on game time sometimes, but communication could probably be better.

Lol, that would certainly help for game time, but that isn't what I would call a solution.

Different situations of course. ;p

Sometimes I wonder if we
and when I say we I mean GAF
could do a weekly Destiny-specific podcast/video show. "Tales from the Vault," "Fig's PvP
Mytho
Forecast," Player of the Week (flawless runs, plats, ), fan thank-you section (Hawkian noob raid,MADGAME noob raid, stories of Nightfalls or heroics saved by super hero GAFers) Hawk's Perch (weapon reviews) and an OT update.

Dares to dream...

You know these actually sound interesting and I'd be all for them. If the game doesn't give us the tools, why can't we the people build them?

Hmm yeah that is tricky. Every family is unique which is why communication is so critical. A lot of times if my wife seems upset about something kinda "silly" (gaming), it's actually about something more important. So we just try to get to the root of the issue and then talk about what would make us both feel better. Kids are a whole 'nother level so I can't relate there unfortunately, haha. Good luck!

Luckily our kids are getting to the age where we can kick them outside to play with friends. Although we did cave and let then play Destiny. It's violent, but most of their friends are paying COD, so we figured this is a good compromise.

Cømet

Banned
lol thought I'd been banned temporarily for shit-talking with ol' gleg there! Should've guessed a new thread was upon us!

Clan stuff done. Just Flawless and Salvage to finish now. Absolutely hate salvage.

New thread new post

FLAWLESS RAID ATTEMPTS ON PS4 @ 8pm Bungie time (3 hours from now)

Let's go!

3. JayEH lvl 29 Titan

Let's fill it up!
Add PSN PikaPuff to your friend's list (but not this party), 30 titan, 29 hunter, 29 warlock. I'll be available 8:30pm if you aren't full by then.

If you don't have a party by then I'd like to join.

LordofPwn

New thread new post

FLAWLESS RAID ATTEMPTS ON PS4 @ 8pm Bungie time

Let's go!

3. JayEH lvl 29 Titan
4. Boguester The vet
5. zewone lvl 30 hunter
6. Stantron lvl 29 Titan

Will probably be streaming this at twitch.tv/zuckt for those interested in watching

FR's coming at 8pm, at 8:15 i'll find alternates if we have to.

Namikaze1

Sucks, we gave up. :/ I assumed you got disconnected.

Been a while since I did hard mode as a level 29 :lol
It crashed and sent me to the PS4 UI. Then, while trying to get back in, it wouldn't let me open the Destiny app for some reason. I couldn't restore my liscense because it wouldn't let me sign in to PSN. Internet is fine as I went and surfed on PS4 for a minute or so to check the problem.

But yeah, I forgot how hard the hard raid is when you're not doing normal damage. It's so easy when doing it as a 30.

Gordon

CURSE YOU RAHOOL!!! I just watched somebody land a TLW as a reward for a Tiger Strike. It's the second time I've seen TLW drop like that. I have yet to get a drop better than blue from Tigers, and I run them constantly. So I took my super useful rare class item engrams back to tower, rolled over Rahool to rank 32 and guess what I finally got? Two more rare engrams :/

Kalamari

Welp, another gloveless week for my Titan. How much longer will I have to bear with these horrendous looking shoulders?

It crashed and sent me to the PS4 UI. Then, while trying to get back in, it wouldn't let me open the Destiny app for some reason. I couldn't restore my liscense because it wouldn't let me sign in to PSN. Internet is fine as I went and surfed on PS4 for a minute or so to check the problem.

But yeah, I forgot how hard the hard raid is when you're not doing normal damage. It's so easy when doing it as a 30.

Really is. Crazy the difference one level can make.

blackjaw

CURSE YOU RAHOOL!!! I just watched somebody land a TLW as a reward for a Tiger Strike. It's the second time I've seen TLW drop like that. I have yet to get a drop better than blue from Tigers, and I run them constantly. So I took my super useful rare class item engrams back to tower, rolled over Rahool to rank 32 and guess what I finally got? Two more rare engrams :/

That's how I got my TLW two months ago...

I still have never seen an exotic drop from a tiger strike, and I ran close to 200 strikes by now. Rahool and Xur are in cahoots.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom