• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT10| Working as Intended

Status
Not open for further replies.
Iron Banner PS4 party in about 1 hour. Who's down?

Let's get some wins and nothing but wins.

I'd be down for it. I'll bring my 30 Hunter w/ maxed HMoon, FVerdict and CMeasure. I'm sure we can dominate as long as we have a full team. PSN is DrDrizzay101.

God damn, it feels good to get most of my raiding done this early in the week.

Yeah, we've been busting out our hard raids right at reset the last few weeks. We were done with all 3 hard raids by 7:30am EST Tuesday, lol.

Gotta say that I'm not digging this trend.

I have to assume people have been burned by playing with 29's from LFG or something, people who weren't using maxed weapons and were just looking to get carried. Otherwise I have no idea why there would be the emphasis on Lv30. I mean we had multiple 29s in all 3 hard raids this week and only wiped once (on GKs) the entire time.

Hard you tried the hard Raid with people below lvl 30? post-patch? If yes than you'll understand why.

You've been playing with bad players then. Doesn't matter if they were 29 or 30. Post-patch has nothing to do with it (random teleports are a non-issue for a team that communicates).

We had a lot of 29s including myself. Helps out a lot to have 30s.

That's cool, it came across as exclusionary...more so the other post. I think if you are asking for specific help, ie 30's only, it would be nice if you post the make up of your current party so everyone knows what they're in for.

HighOnPCP

Uh whoever I just did the HM Atheon checkpoint with thank you!

I was dead and my girlfriend walked in so I wasn't paying attention.

Checked my character screen after and holy crap!

Mythoclast, Gjallahaorn, Vision of Confluence all in one go. WOOOW!

giphy.gif

NastyBook

I don't understand how or why some people play the iron banner. I was having an exceptionally difficult time playing last night on Firebase Delphi last night. Every time I tried to push up to capture A or B, I would find the other team there. I couldn't figure out what was wrong and then I took a look at home base C. My ENTIRE FUCKING TEAM was chilling on top of the dome, trying to snipe people walking past the window. None of them broke 10 kills, and the other team was stomping all over us.
I bailed on that match. It was too painful even for me to chill for 10 minutes to get a medal.
PSN: GibbShift. I'm looking for ppl who want to IB soon.

psn: ThirdROB

I'm Terrible
Add me, PSN: GibbShift.

I'm gonna want to IB at some point. Maybe not tonight, but definitely tomorrow and Sunday.

GhaleonEB

This is a good point and always brings to mind just how much was truly impacted by everything they had to cut out of the game. Is this a case of laziness or carelessness? or was it just sloppy editing once content was cut out? I figure you must have a lot of things bugging you about this game because you were our Hawkian of Halo 3 and Reach and I expected you to really get into this game haha Do you have an Xbone? I just got mine last night and was setting it up and saw you on my FL but didn't look as though you'd gotten on XBL recently. Granted, I merely glanced at your name and didn't drill into your profile.
I have a bunch of thoughts on the game but I haven't gotten around to posting them; partly since others have done it better than I have, partly because of time.

I am sucked into the game pretty well, though, despite all the issues. The core shooting mechanics are quite enjoyable, and there's enough other goodness to make it fun despite the macro-level problems. I have a PS4 for this gen.

I also noticed that spot as one of the few places in the campaign where the geometry had a lot of potential. The Gate Lord mission is also good on that planet and there the spawn points are a lot better managed, but Destiny at its best is still mediocre relative to Halo.

There are a lot of problems that drown some outstanding design. Cannon fodder everywhere, too many "horde mode" type siege encounters, RPG-ness eating away at quality weapon variability... anyway, back to the IB I go.
Yeah, it feels like the environments were designed first, and then missions dropped onto them, seperate from the story development. In general there is a lot of underutilization of spaces in the game, and even too much flat out empty space. The Rocketyard area of Old Russia could house a fantastic set of encounters, but it's never used in the story, we blow past it in a strike, and in Patrol there's just a gaggle of respawning enemies here and there. I think of the level of effort to design, model and spec out that space against how it's used and it's kind of tragic.

Before Destiny came out I wondered how the game would be impacted by Bungie growing to 500+ people. I think a big part of the answer is, they suffered the fate that many large organizations do: compartmentalization, or silos. Divisions working on their own massive charter not fully in step with the rest of the project, and there were big gaps when it came time to pull it all together.

(Thanks for the long reply, Hawkian; I agreed with your post entirely.)

wait how did you get the vex if not from atheon? or do you mean another run to go on an alt character?

I joined a group that had the gatekeeper checkpoint. I still haven't cleared the raid from scratch this week so there is still a chance that I might get some good loot from the templar, gorgon chest, etc.

People need to remember that when someone posts a level 30 only type post that they are speaking for a group and their decision.

I've been in this situation, where I was helping a friend on hard raid and they needed 1 more but they weren't a very strong group so they only wanted a 30. It was their group and their decision, but I always make sure to include the explanation in the post, since it comes across poorly otherwise. Communication is paramount, as always.

I have done the gatekeeper/Atheon on hard with a lot of lvl29s including myself. The hardest part imo is getting one shotted by the hobglobins. It also depends a lot on the skill of the players, maxed weapons, a lot of luck with timing and placement of the enemies. Just gotta talk and help each other out when needed. Especially when all lvl29s get teleported. Those hobglobins and praetorians will take any lvl29s down fast! Took me 6 hours for my first hard raid.. I do understand why there is a desire for lvl30s since there is no dmg reduction and goes a lot faster as well.

Mazre

Making good progress through IB, won't be able to play tomorrow but should have plenty of time this weekend to nab the boots/gloves. Finally finished my Bad Juju bounty, been carrying that around for a while. Surprised myself by finishing the 10 kills w/out dying bounty and finishing one match with a 6+ KDR. Good times.

One shit player can sink a whole team in IB. Shoutout to the dude who just went 0.13

We had a random who nailed a 0.07 yesterday! haha I'm doing IB now if anyone wants to get a group going. PS4, PSN is DrDrizzay101.

I'm looking to get in on some IB. Anyone running groups who need a
super pro
player?

PSN is Zocano

I just started a match but I can jump out or just wait until we get a full group. But I'm down for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom