• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT10| Working as Intended

Status
Not open for further replies.
I took my 28-and-1/2 Hunter into the IB with a non-maxed Doctor Nope last night expecting to get my ass handed to me....and I was right for the first few matches.

I then either got my act together...or started playing with worse players...and ended up doing pretty OK.

JayEH

Starting an IB party on PS4. RedViperN7 for invite.

Had good success with guys from this thread last night. I need those boots!

Strider

Alright it's time to assemble a gaf all-star team to crush dreams in Iron Banner. I posted earlier today and Hawkian and Xframe said they'd like to join so I've already reserved their spots. Would anyone else like to join us? Just quote with your PSN.

Edit: Full.

JayEH

Alright it's time to assemble a gaf all-star team to crush dreams in Iron Banner. I posted earlier today and Hawkian and Xframe said they'd like to join so I've already reserved their spots. Would anyone else like to join us? Just quote with your PSN.

1. Hawkian
2. X-frame
3. Me
4. RedViperN7
5. MildSoss

I'm in.

You're starting now? MildSoss is with me.

patchday

Starting an IB party on PS4. RedViperN7 for invite.

Had good success with guys from this thread last night. I need those boots!

Darn wish I were home :(

I'll check for you when I get home. We got a lot of good wins last night

edit- PSN sandboxgod. Might be home around 8pm (1 hour in a half from now). Darn....

nowai

Anyone use a maxed red death in Iron Banner?

Also do crucible bounties work in IB since you still gain crucible rep from it?

Daily.

Red Death is one of my favorite guns for pvp next to Hawkmoon.

With Red Death, I get multi kills all the time due to being able to tank people knowing I'll get healed and move onto the next victim.

You use get headshot for it to be effective though. Three headshots and you're fully healed.

Lol. I couldn't buy a win last night. Wasted so much opportunity for XP from playing with randoms.

I sat on 5 medallions for about 5 matches...

Once I was around on 3 medallions I gave up. After playing with GAFfers in the morning, the difference is light and day.

I was also getting extremely frustrated due to lag which seems to be amplified after about 9pm where I live.

koryuken

Guys, I have to share some good news for once. I am always bitching about RNGesus, but he has blessed me massively today. I was staying home sick and did some raiding on my 29 Sunsinger who is only missing his raid chest to hit 30.

My rewards for doing full clear VoG on normal and then killing only Atheon on Hard.

-Ballerhorn (woot!!!!, from a fucking treasure chest)
-Time Breaker Sparrow (woot!!! I actually really wanted one)
-Chatterwhite (lol)
-Atheon's Epilogue (I already have one)
-Shards (weeee)
-Chest Piece from the Gatekeeper!!! (omg RNGesus granted me access to level 30)

It has been a really good day for Destiny. Now, is there a good way to level up the "Horn"? Just grind bounties?

Daemul

At first I was going to ignore the IB Titan boots, since I was already 30 and didn't need them, but after wiping due to a bug against Atheon last night in a hard raid, and losing my Ballerhorn heavy ammo I had just re-gained from using a synthesis, I've decided to buy the IB boots and get rid of the buggy ass heavy ammo perk.

How this bug got through QA is beyond me, you should NOT be losing heavy/special ammo when returning to orbit or after cutscenes, it makes no sense.

I would rather have the ability to only carry 5 rocket launcher ammo, than have the ability to carry 7, which I will then proceed to start losing after the next cutscene. I mean seriously, I rarely ever get the chance to use all 7 rockets.

This decision is made easier by the fact that the IB Titan boots are WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY better looking that the Raid ones. and also that it has the perfect stat roll for my build(int, str).

Anyone use a maxed red death in Iron Banner?

Also do crucible bounties work in IB since you still gain crucible rep from it?

I did yesterday, and it was glorious. I was getting loads of headshots kills, and as a level 30, the health regen perk made me even harder for my opponents to kill, to the extent where I managed to go a couple of games without getting killed. It helps that 90% of people in PvP suck though lol

Yes, they work.

Lol. I couldn't buy a win last night. Wasted so much opportunity for XP from playing with randoms.

I sat on 5 medallions for about 5 matches...

You should have added me. I am up to Rank 3 now. Well omw to Rank 4. Idk why I'm doing this though. It isn't going to get me a helmet.

jett

D-Member
I don't find them to be all that comparable. Even with the 'Perfect Balance' upgrade the stability is nowhere near as good as the Shingen. I wasn't happy with the range either. Have you checked out the Vanquisher VIII, sold by the New Monarchy dude? It's my favorite AR so far.

I compared a guy's Hard Light directly with my Shingen E, the stats were in the same neighborhood.

I actually got a Vanquisher from a Raid, but I hastily deleted LOL since I already have two exotic primaries that I routinely use. I really shouldn't have, I forgot I don't have any primary purples.

maomaoIYP

I don't understand how or why some people play the iron banner. I was having an exceptionally difficult time playing last night on Firebase Delphi last night. Every time I tried to push up to capture A or B, I would find the other team there. I couldn't figure out what was wrong and then I took a look at home base C. My ENTIRE FUCKING TEAM was chilling on top of the dome, trying to snipe people walking past the window. None of them broke 10 kills, and the other team was stomping all over us.
I bailed on that match. It was too painful even for me to chill for 10 minutes to get a medal.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
thank you Pantsuit Apologist for the smooth-as-silk Nightfall. Nabbed me an Ice Breaker! :D :D :D One more off the list.

Squall, if you hop on I'm more than happy to run it again before raidin' time.

shridz

Neo Member
After about 300 hours, playing every day since launch, my Titan hit level 30 by graces of lord saladin. Stuff you RNGesus. I make my own destiny.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom