• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT10| Working as Intended

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zakalwe

Banned
And that's fine. But maybe the RNG should scale so that those that excel on the team have a better chance at those things? It can still be random, but like I said there's no reason to try at all.

The reason to try is to win and have fun.You shouldn't need rewards in pvp to want to do well.

Still, there is a reward: faster bounties and rep and mark acquisition. The drops are like random rewards everywhere else in the game.

If anything they should add some cosmetic items for the best players. And ways for everyone to earn materials etc...

LiK

Wow, fuck soloing nightfalls now. It used to be a great balance of fun and challenge. Now it is just a slow tedious grind (hmmm where have we seen these before in this game?). At least my one solo this week got me my one decent roll. Hard Light dropped. Neat.

I've never soloed one. It's a chore with people already.

kuppy

Anyone grouping right now? Would love to join with my 28 Hunter.

Edit: Noes, haven't downloaded the update file yet, asking this in two hours again then. Why is the PS4 not downloading that stuff while in rest mode, even the PS3 can do that.

CLBridges

Before heading out for the morning, I was on a roll in IB. I'm not usually good at PVP but this morning I was in a zone, just killing shit lol. Think I was first place in all 5 games I played, and we won. Did get Timur's Lash and reforged it a couple of times trying to get the perfect setup. But, I'm mostly looking forward to getting rank 5 and picking up that IB Scout rifle for sale, looks to be a monster and with reforge I might switch to Scout's more often.

LordofPwn

3 normal raids and 3 nightfalls completed this week.

Raid:
1) 29 warlock - GJALLARHORN!!!! and ass.
2) 29 hunter - my 3rd atheons epilogue and 4th hezen vengeance, gauntlets, plus ass.
3) 29 titan - chest and ass.

Nightfall
1) 5 strange coins (seriously just 5, wtf!!!)
2) THUNDERLORD!!!!!
3) 5 strange wtf again? Coins

Not a bad week overall.
Warlock and hunter now have 2 raid pieces, titan got her first bit.

Forever 29?

GJALLARHORN!!!!

Where's my Hawkmoon?
Thunderlord and Gjallarhorn? nice! congrats.

My week so far
Nightfall 1: 2 Energies
Nightfall 2: 7 Strange Coins
Nightfall 3: 2 Energies
HM Raid 1 (lvl 30 lock): TBA
Normal Raid 1 (28 Titan): TBA
Normal Raid 2 (29 Hunter): TBA
IB so far: Suros. need to get my Hunter to rank 4 this weekend. Hope to get to rank 3 tonight. and will need to do Weekly Heroics if Xur is selling anything i need.

Before heading out for the morning, I was on a roll in IB. I'm not usually good at PVP but this morning I was in a zone, just killing shit lol. Think I was first place in all 5 games I played, and we won. Did get Timur's Lash and reforged it a couple of times trying to get the perfect setup. But, I'm mostly looking forward to getting rank 5 and picking up that IB Scout rifle for sale, looks to be a monster and with reforge I might switch to Scout's more often.

What's your perfect set up (or wanted set up) for the Lash?

Yeah man, that SR looks pretty nice. I got VoC last night and it's a better gun than I thought it would be.

heh, I'm dreading this myself. I'm always broke as shit.

My plan is to take some Cabal resupply codes into the 'exclusion zone' mission, set it to a harder difficulty and repeat the first encounter over and over with them active. There's a lot of yellow health elites in there to farm money from.

Yes there's 9 majors in that begining part. Not a bad idea since it starts pretty quick every time you spawn. "Woken the hive" is also good but I can't stand the hive so I usually don't do that one. I also like to go to the ember caves on venus and go around in a loop just killing whatever spawns. I've gotten a lot of XP from doing that and although there aren't many majors the endless supply of trash enemies is enough. Of course if there's someone else running around killing stuff then it doesn't work as well

Yes there's 9 majors in that begining part. Not a bad idea since it starts pretty quick every time you spawn. "Woken the hive" is also good but I can't stand the hive so I usually don't do that one. I also like to go to the ember caves on venus and go around in a loop just killing whatever spawns. I've gotten a lot of XP from doing that and although there aren't many majors the endless supply of trash enemies is enough. Of course if there's someone else running around killing stuff then it doesn't work as well

Another good glimmer spot is normal raid Gate Keepers, especially if there are a few people with you. So many majors! And we all have tons of Blue Polyphage I'm sure.

CLBridges

What's your perfect set up (or wanted set up) for the Lash?

Yeah man, that SR looks pretty nice. I got VoC last night and it's a better gun than I thought it would be.

Haven't figured out the perfect setup, but leaning toward wanting bonus damage on a kill as first perk and then lucky shot (one bullet does more damage than usual). Reforge is RNG so doubt I'll get that, especially since it costs two motes of light per. Oh, and grats on getting VoC, it's gonna be even more useful on next raid.

LordofPwn

I've never soloed one. It's a chore with people already.

I solo'd 2 of them this week, and had friends join in at the boss to help them out. The first main room with waves takes forever. but once passed that it's crazy fast. Devil walker goes down with a few clips of the supremacy, and Sepiks takes like 25 sniper shots and a clip of Swarm ammo.

don't think thats possible though, is it? shards are guaranteed loot and i think you can only get 1 exotic aside from mytho which he got

Could be. I though there were 2 rolls for normal and 3 for hard. 5 independent rolls. But you could be very right. Maybe the extra hard roll is the only slot that can be exotic, and another one always shards.

As a shit PvP player, I completely understand that glow. When all of the stars align and you can just do no wrong. My first round the other night in IB I had 15 kills and one death (or two, not sure about the math on this), 7.5 K/D. It was awesome and beautiful. Then the next 10 matches were back down to around 0.2 to 0.7. I did do a bit better the following night, but was still consistently at the bottom of the leader board. Nothing like feeling that you're having a great game just to end it with 2-3K on the score board and the rest of the team in the 3-4K range :(.

Did IB with some gaffers last night and I was playing terribly. Only one match where I was above 1.0 K/D. Everyone was cool with it though and we were winning but I felt like shit. A lot of cool people on gaf though :)

Kalamari

Lets not forget that you can receive glimmer from normal enemies if you have the bonus. For instance, I can pop ether seeds and get 6 glimmer per dreg or vandal headshot. If you are out doing patrols, pop a consumable and kill with headshots, the glimmer will add up pretty quickly.

Wow, fuck soloing nightfalls now. It used to be a great balance of fun and challenge. Now it is just a slow tedious grind (hmmm where have we seen these before in this game?). At least my one solo this week got me my one decent roll. Hard Light dropped. Neat.
Now? What's changed recently to make it worse than it was?

My reward for NF was Final Rest II, an arc Fusion Rifle. Already have an arc 77 Wizard, boo.

if you have to read up on the rules and conditions on the VoG raid to find out about it = bad game design

plus, no in-game hub or matchmaking to assemble a team to go without resorting to go on a computer recruiting players

This is so so wrong. You are meant to learn through trial and error. This is supposed to be the hardest PvE content in the game, do you really think they should hold your hand or make the mechanics similar to everything else in the game? Mechanics are precisely what they should change and make more difficult than all the other content rather than just mobs in greater numbers or making them all massive damage sponges. Both of the latter are tedious and uninspired, mechanics are where it's at. You're supposed to sloppily fight tooth and nail to struggle and limp through this end game content for the first time and then be rewarded and feel satisfaction when you do repeat runs far more efficiently and effortlessly. It's a mark of progression, improved teamwork, and perseverance. I can tell you my whole Raid team is hyped as hell to go into Crota's End completely blind and battle to learn how it works. We'll get our asses kicked learning and then we'll come back to kick Crota's ass when we have it all down. That is satisfying. If you are just reading everything online, you're doing yourself a disservice and are missing out on half the fun but fun is subjective so maybe it's just not your bag.

My reward for NF was Final Rest II, an arc Fusion Rifle. Already have an arc 77 Wizard, boo.

I got strange coins on my first run, then I got the crash shotgun on my second run and the crash shotgun on my third run as well. NF has been really shitty for me for about a month now. Not even worth the effort at this point

Haven't figured out the perfect setup, but leaning toward wanting bonus damage on a kill as first perk and then lucky shot (one bullet does more damage than usual). Reforge is RNG so doubt I'll get that, especially since it costs two motes of light per. Oh, and grats on getting VoC, it's gonna be even more useful on next raid.

Oh it's two motes to reforge? Damn, I thought it was only one. Granted I have more motes than I know what to do with... but still. Guess it's still cool that we're able to do that.

The VoC has been a lot of fun to use in PvE. Even took it for a spin in IB last night and it held up ok. I still roll with the Hawkmoon in PvP but that's a pretty good alternate.

I hope the VoC is useful in the next raid as well. However, I still like using my Mythoclast more than any other gun in the game.

Speaking of, isn't a Mythoclast buff due today (maybe)?

The reason to try is to win and have fun.You shouldn't need rewards in pvp to want to do well.

Normally I'd agree, but in a loot driven game like this the loot is the name of the game there's very little to strive for when it's just random. Literally the worst than can happen is I lose out on one crucible mark if the team loses. That's just weak.

lunlunqq

One thing i noticed isbthat enemy shields are harder to take down now, even with the right elemental weapon equipped.

LiK

Oh it's two motes to reforge? Damn, I thought it was only one. Granted I have more motes than I know what to do with... but still. Guess it's still cool that we're able to do that.

The VoC has been a lot of fun to use in PvE. Even took it for a spin in IB last night and it held up ok. I still roll with the Hawkmoon in PvP but that's a pretty good alternate.

I hope the VoC is useful in the next raid as well. However, I still like using my Mythoclast more than any other gun in the game.

I think Solar weapons will be useful in next raid in general.

This is so so wrong. You are meant to learn through trial and error. This is supposed to be the hardest PvE content in the game, do you really think they should hold your hand or make the mechanics similar to everything else in the game? Mechanics are precisely what they should change and make more difficult than all the other content rather than just mobs in greater numbers or making them all massive damage sponges. Both of the latter are tedious and uninspired, mechanics are where it's at. You're supposed to sloppily fight tooth and nail to struggle and limp through this end game content for the first time and then be rewarded and feel satisfaction when you do repeat runs far more efficiently and effortlessly. It's a mark of progression, improved teamwork, and perseverance. I can tell you my whole Raid team is hyped as hell to go into Crota's End completely blind and battle to learn how it works. We'll get our asses kicked learning and then we'll come back to kick Crota's ass when we have it all down. That is satisfying. If you are just reading everything online, you're doing yourself a disservice and are missing out on half the fun but fun is subjective so maybe it's just not your bag.

Yeah, my team is very excited to go in completely blind as well. We are purposefully NOT going to Google anything beforehand. That's what makes it fun and difficult. If you don't like the challenge, CoD is thataway.

Oh man, the first time through is going to be ugly and hilarious. As you said though, that bastard will go down harder than a Thai hooker in our successive attempts.

spyder_ur

I think Solar weapons will be useful in next raid in general.

About time - has there been a solar Nightfall? Not since I got up to level enough to participate. Would be fun with VoC and Gjallahorn. Isn't IceBreaker Solar too? Don't have it yet.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Iron Banner nightmare just came true. I was just on a team with three players under level 25 and they all had rare weapons still. And none of those weapons (primary or secondary) were leveled up yet.
We got slightly destroyed.

Yeah, my team is very excited to go in completely blind as well. We are purposefully NOT going to Google anything beforehand. That's what makes it fun and difficult. If you don't like the challenge, CoD is thataway.

Oh man, the first time through is going to be ugly and hilarious. As you said though, that bastard will go down harder than a Thai hooker in our successive attempts.

Amen. I salivate thinking about when the other half our our team hits 30 and those of us without Ballherhorn get one. We are going to skull fuck Aetheon on HM so bad when that happens. We actually curb stomped him on HM in our final run last night with three 29s, only a couple G-Horns, and not a single Titan
After getting wiped many times ;P

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
I got strange coins on my first run, then I got the crash shotgun on my second run and the crash shotgun on my third run as well. NF has been really shitty for me for about a month now. Not even worth the effort at this point

Last week I got 7 strange coins. This week was WAY better. I got 8 strange coins.
This was just on my Titan. RNG hates my Titan.

CLBridges

Yep, two motes IIRC. And, I really hope they are giving Mythoclast a buff pre-DLC. I was gonna level it but got lucky in raid and got Hawkmoon on Tuesday, sending all my XP to that for now cause it's quite good. I'll be saving my exotic slot for a special/heavy during next raid though.

I get coins virtually every single NF I've ever done. I seriously don't even consider getting something good anymore, I just do it for the XP buff and anything else is icing on the cake. I straight up told Hawkian and Palom (who ran NF with me) that I was going to get 4 or 5 coins as the reward screen was loading up and drum roll please: badububum 6 coins!

nowai

Part of the balancing of making it less of a bullet sponge with three players is they scaled up the HP of mobs in solo now.

There was no increase to solo difficulty. Fatebringer, Patience and Time and Zombie Apocalypse made quick work of the Nightfall solo.

E92 M3

theytookourjobz

K, I added you.

No buff for today, but they will be talking about the changes. If we're lucky, we'll get them before Thanksgiving.

I would love to have some sort of exchange system like IB has now where you can spend some of your materials/motes/whatever to at the very least change the elemental damage of a duplicate weapon. Make the vendors more unique!

One thing i noticed is that enemy shields are harder to take down now, even with the right elemental weapon equipped.
Interesting. I was using a not-completely-leveled Patience and Time last night, and just assumed that it was the reason I was doing less damage to shields.

Part of the balancing of making it less of a bullet sponge with three players is they scaled up the HP of mobs in solo now.
I assume you mean the shielded ones? They did suck, but again I thought it was because of the rifle I was using. Unshielded enemies fell pretty quickly with my leveled Scout Rifle.

I was and I splurged my load on Synths before a VoG run and now I have nothing and can't get any

I noticed that too. Didn't feel like I was super powerful like I normally do. I was using a fully leveled Fatebringer, P&T and deviant gravity arc heavy. I should have been steamrolling everything but I wasnt

Did IB with some gaffers last night and I was playing terribly. Only one match where I was above 1.0 K/D. Everyone was cool with it though and we were winning but I felt like shit. A lot of cool people on gaf though :)

That was me yesterday. I had to bow out. Swear Im not usually that bad but after embarrassing my self for 5-6 matches I couldn't bring myself to continue in that group. They were all cool about it though so shout out to Rubenhv, Fig, Astro and everyone else (sorry I can't remeber off the top of my head). They're on a whole different level of PvP.

nowai

My timepiece actually had some use :p

haha, how do you like it? I was trying to level it up, but the low impact made me switch back to Fatebringer for one shot headshots WITH arc damage 'splosions!

I am a die hard Red Death and Stranger's Rifle for PvP fan, so I'm one of the few that actually don't hate pulse rifles. They supposedly fixed the Heak Seeker perk with the latest patch, but I just looted the gun yesterday, so I haven't had the opportunity to level it.

If Head Seeker made PvP, one body shot and one head shot for a kill, I could really get behind the gun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom