• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT10| Working as Intended

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Interesting. So should I just not bother until later?
It's kinda like he said, you CAN compensate with skill; I did fine with a level 8 Titan. But you really have to play cautiously because it's rough out there. Damage and Defense are normalized, but there are guns that, for example, heal people when they get a kill, have a random chance to oneshot, fire multiple fusion blasts in a row, etc. alongside full-auto shotguns, ridiculously stable sniper rifles and just about anything you can imagine. Basically, if you step in the Crucible early on you're accepting a large handicap. I won't say you shouldn't bother, because if you are relatively serious about it, it will REALLY toughen you up for endgame if you stick with it, but you can expect some horrid matches.

What class/subclass are you rocking?
Anyone on PS4 want to help a brotha out with the weekly Lvl 22 strike?
Fuck that, what level are you? I'll carry you through the highest one you can do, post your PSN

realcZk

Three night falls done, shards, coins and a bullet hose ar. No swarms this week! I've broke the curse

I wonder if xur will be updated to sell DLC gear when it launches.

gdt

Boy am I glad I did this hard raid. I was gonna go to bed.

Yesssss got the helmet too. That give my 30 more freedom to play around with exotic armor.

So ballerhorn and the helmet. Found Verdict on another character too. Dupe Vex and VoC. Goddamn raid has been good to me today.

realcZk

dude is so ready for legendary gloves and an exotic helm, lol
We've got a newbie! Welcome to destiny! Always good to get noobies in here since most are regulars. You're off to a pretty good start, hopefully with some advice and guidance you can climb the ranks in no time. There's a lot of good guides in the OP and once you get level 25 you could potentially participate in the nightfall , the buff you get from that helps level your vanguard stuff super fast for gear.

Looks like you're pretty close to rank 1 already.

http://destinystatus.com/psn/Cornbread78

Feel free to shoot me a friend add I can help whenever I'm free but won't be much this week due to holidays.

PSN is bytestyle

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Lol, crappy... close to hitting Lvl 1 finally
Ahh, bummer.

Here's the thing. The 22 weekly will get you 3 strange coins. Strange coins are used to buy stuff from Xur (specifically exotics), when he's there on Fridays and Saturdays. The cheapest thing he sells is 13 coins. In other words, the strike isn't going to give you anything you can use, and you're better off focusing on getting to 24 or beyond by Sunday and running the 26 or 28 strike with people willing to carry you (I'm usually happy to do this).

You need to focus on doing Vanguard Bounties and patrols to raise your vanguard rep and get your first legendary (I recommend gloves) and Vanguard Strikes for drops that will edge you to 24 (24 = upgraded Level 20 blues in each slot).

If you manage to hit 25 before Tuesday we can get you through the Nightfall too, which gives you 500 rep alongside a buff that increases XP and rep for the rest of the time until the reset.

edit: of course if you already have 10 strange coins right now I'm giving useless advice and the 22 strike would be very valuable to run.

Magik

Thanks to everyone for the Hard Raid run.

Not only did I finally get a helmet... I got two! Along with arms and boots that will be discarded.

Maybe its just me but I'm only getting 3 drops at Atheon now where as I still see ppl getting 4-5. Weird.

antigoon

It's kinda like he said, you CAN compensate with skill; I did fine with a level 8 Titan. But you really have to play cautiously because it's rough out there. Damage and Defense are normalized, but there are guns that, for example, heal people when they get a kill, have a random chance to oneshot, fire multiple fusion blasts in a row, etc. alongside full-auto shotguns, ridiculously stable sniper rifles and just about anything you can imagine. Basically, if you step in the Crucible early on you're accepting a large handicap. I won't say you shouldn't bother, because if you are relatively serious about it, it will REALLY toughen you up for endgame if you stick with it, but you can expect some horrid matches.

What class/subclass are you rocking?

Fuck that, what level are you? I'll carry you through the highest one you can do, post your PSN
OK cool, good info. I'm a lowly level 9 Hunter at the moment.

Bladelaw

Thanks for the run magik. First fullish hard mode clear. Results were middling:
Oracles: ass
Templar: gloves ( was missing these but filled the gap via iron banner) and ass
Chests: ass
Gatekeepers: ass
Atheon: mythoclast (already had), aspect of glass (already had), and ass

If it was a first run or i was still 29 it would have been great so I'm not complaining too hard.

coy

Thanks to everyone for the Hard Raid run.

Not only did I finally get a helmet... I got two! Along with arms and boots that will be discarded.

Maybe its just me but I'm only getting 3 drops at Atheon now where as I still see ppl getting 4-5. Weird.

Finally got the helm myself. Thanks y'all and sorry for the wack GK mishaps. I'll be practicing that in particular this week.

Interesting. So should I just not bother until later?
I think you can play it, but it's a reallyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy large hill to climb. You'll get the hang of the crucible, learn the flow of maps and stuff, but as already has been said, your opponents will have a pretty good advantage over you through armor and weapon upgrades and perks. Even your ability buffs you get through ranking up help a lot with your base supers, melees, grenades, etc.

Honestly, if you wanna wait to play on a sort of "level" playing field with everyone else, upgrade the first line of your chosen subclass (aka the entire first row of upgrades) so that way you have a good working pool of moves to back you, and try to pick up a decent AR (Shigen E/Galahad E) along with a decent Fusion rifle (Hammerung) or Sniper. I'd say stay away from shotties for now, most people have crazy shit that you won't have till you raid or do nightfalls that will make you lose most CQBs. Do all of that and you shouldn't be too hampered outside of not having exotic weapons, which could change by Friday if you get enough strange coins.

Again, Crucible can still be fun for someone new but the deck is definitely stacked against you a bit starting out right now.

Cornbread78

Ahh, bummer.

Here's the thing. The 22 weekly will get you 3 strange coins. Strange coins are used to buy stuff from Xur (specifically exotics), when he's there on Fridays and Saturdays. The cheapest thing he sells is 13 coins. In other words, the strike isn't going to give you anything you can use, and you're better off focusing on getting to 24 or beyond by Sunday and running the 26 or 28 strike with people willing to carry you (I'm usually happy to do this).

You need to focus on doing Vanguard Bounties and patrols to raise your vanguard rep and get your first legendary (I recommend gloves) and Vanguard Strikes for drops that will edge you to 24 (24 = upgraded Level 20 blues in each slot).

If you manage to hit 25 before Tuesday we can get you through the Nightfall too, which gives you 500 rep alongside a buff that increases XP and rep for the rest of the time until the reset.

edit: of course if you already have 10 strange coins right now I'm giving useless advice and the 22 strike would be very valuable to run.

Alright, back to the grind I guess..

TY

Frenden

Banned
I've got millions of Crucible points and a positive KDR, but I absolutely hate how the Thorn bounty sucks all the fun out of Crucible for me. I've abandoned it three times. But, now, with the extra bounty slots, I can't justify discarding it. So it taunts me.

jpOlpSn.jpg

:)

I've got millions of Crucible points and a positive KDR, but I absolutely hate how the Thorn bounty sucks all the fun out of Crucible for me. I've abandoned it three times. But, now, with the extra bounty slots, I can't justify discarding it. So it taunts me.
Think that's bad wait till you get to the last step of the bounty hive wizards will haunt your dreams hopefully thorn will get a buff soon

vctor182

So today I was invited by a bunch of randoms to a hard raid, my first raid on hard actually, we did pretty good and we completed it under 2 hours. My loot was awesome:
- Raid chest armor
- Raid helm
- Raid cloak
- Praetorian Foil
- Raid ship
Come at me guardians
CbyIyJR.gif

CaptDjob

Neo Member
I've helped a half-dozen people get their Thorns in that part of the bounty. I can do that no problem. It's the stress of the PvP that gets me. :/

I basically suck in pvp but still managed to get approx 50-60 per games for this bounty. My advice would be to equip void heavy machine gun and really concentrate on heavy ammo boxes, go there before hand and make sure that you get the ammo. Together with either void fusion or shotgun you are good to go. Also if you have, equip the void nades. So really easy for compared to horrible xuyr Strike. Tried that twice, no chance in hell to complete. Now I have had that bounty there for a month so need to try that again, perhaps in friday. Now at least I have arc Heave Machine Gun with some upgrades to go with (267).

Really annoying strike with all assholes having shields and both burn and arc needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom