• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT10| Working as Intended

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ruze789

My warlock's Nightfall earned another set of Sunbreakers... This one has +8 Intellect over my Xur-acquired set, so I might level these and shard the current set.

I hope this week will be my Titan's first Nightfall finish, my last two attempts have been the night before the reset and I die somewhere during the boss fight.

Also, isn't your first gold daily Public Event supposed to give you an Ass Mat, either at the time of the event or afterwards at the postmaster? The last 3 or 4 I've done have given me no Ass Mat, but 1 strange coin at the Postmaster.

Just go back to the stairs that lead to that room and take the wizards out one by one. They won't follow you but they'll keep shooting at you.
I've done this before in the past, but another wizard would spawn in the room before the door room, pretty much sandwiching me between the 4 wizards and the other one. Did they patch this out?

This would make that encounter extremely easy if I can take my time wth them, instead of racing to empty my rockets before my ward dies.

hydruxo

I've done this before in the past, but another wizard would spawn in the room before the door room, pretty much sandwiching me between the 4 wizards and the other one. Did they patch this out?

This would make that encounter extremely easy if I can take my time wth them, instead of racing to empty my rockets before my ward dies.

Only time I had that happen was when I got killed in the door room during the weekly and respawned. Other than that, everytime I've done it it's been fine and the wizard in the room before it never spawned.

nightfalls= plan c, helm of saint, some legendary rocket launcher.

normal raid oracles= praedyth's revenge my 3rd
templar= another pr my 4th now (really need a trading system)!!
chests= shards
gatekeeper= shards
atheon= ghallahorn (heck yeah), ship, and my 3 voc.

ghallahorn made up for the raid tho.

Not sure how many people posted their final tallies from IB but mine were:

29 Decisive Victory and 34 Strength of Wolf medals (gg teams)

0 Space buses (obviously)

1 Scout Rifle w/ default perks

3 Perun's Fire FRs, 1 of each element, best perks: Red Dot-OAS + Rangefinder + Hammer Forged + Kneepads :(

1 Timur's Lash: Zen Moment + Field Scout/Magwell/Explosive + Reactive Reload

6! Jolder's Hammers, all elements: Persistence + Hammer F + Reactive R as best roll

Anybody want to put together a team for a little normal Crucible? Already did one Thorn bounty today with rando's, don't think I can stomach a second one that way right now...

Rubenov

Not sure how many people posted their final tallies from IB but mine were:

29 Decisive Victory and 34 Strength of Wolf medals (gg teams)

0 Space buses (obviously)

1 Scout Rifle w/ default perks

3 Perun's Fire FRs, 1 of each element, best perks: Red Dot-OAS + Rangefinder + Hammer Forged + Kneepads :(

1 Timur's Lash: Zen Moment + Field Scout/Magwell/Explosive + Reactive Reload

6! Jolder's Hammers, all elements: Persistence + Hammer F + Reactive R as best roll

Anybody want to put together a team for a little normal Crucible? Already did one Thorn bounty today with rando's, don't think I can stomach a second one that way right now...

I'll be interested in Normal Crucible. Played tons of Iron Banner. Rubenov25

Edit: FR sent.

I'll be interested in Normal Crucible. Played tons of Iron Banner. Rubenov25

Cool, anybody else? We could even just do some 3-man skirmish or something if we can't get more people.

Wait. You can see medals specific to iron banner?

Nah, I had just never taken my Hunter into Crucible and it was the only character I used in IB. They should definitely add features like that next time though, I'd love if the vendor kept a Win-Loss record running or something.

Strider

Just bought the full game after enjoying the trial.

Although I do have to say it's really fucking confusing at times.

Yea it definitely can be. Ask away in the thread for anything you ned help with. Community is great for helping people get the hang of things.

Hawkian also made some great guides that are in the OP so check those out as well.

Strider

Nah, I had just never taken my Hunter into Crucible and it was the only character I used in IB. They should definitely add features like that next time though, I'd love if the vendor kept a Win-Loss record running or something.

ah ok. Yea they should. I love detailed stats. DestinyTracker is cool for that sort of thing.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Finally level 30 with maxed out Vanquisher, Void Final Boss, Ghorn and Thunderlord. Now I'm ready for hard raid. Any groups forming to play from the beginning?

antigoon

Welcome aboard and ask questions - we'll try to help. It's pretty tight-knit here now days, so no question is stupid.

I just played 5 crucible matches for a bounty and I got utterly destroyed for the most part. Do higher level players have a significant advantage? I can usually hold my own pretty well in these types of things.

Only time I had that happen was when I got killed in the door room during the weekly and respawned. Other than that, everytime I've done it it's been fine and the wizard in the room before it never spawned.

Sheeeiiit thanks for the tip. Gonna try this again later tonight!

I just played 5 crucible matches for a bounty and I got utterly destroyed for the most part. Do higher level players have a significant advantage? I can usually hold my own pretty well in these types of things.

No. Levels don't really matter but guns and their perks do. Not so much for their raw attack values but the mix of ROF and impact (damage per bullet) to get their DPS.

You can still do good with vanilla guns, but if you don't have some kind of a exotic your hands are a bit tied this late in the game to play anything but cautiously when everyone has the really good PVP weapons maxed out.

Qwell

Don't suppose any hard raids are starting up soon that need a 30 lock or titan? I also have oracles checkpoint. PS4 = Qwell

antigoon

Sheeeiiit thanks for the tip. Gonna try this again later tonight!

No. Levels don't really matter but guns and their perks do. Not so much for their raw attack values but the mix of ROF and impact (damage per bullet) to get their DPS.

You can still do good with vanilla guns, but if you don't have some kind of a exotic your hands are a bit tied this late in the game to play anything but cautiously when everyone has the really good PVP weapons maxed out.

Interesting. So should I just not bother until later?

E92 M3

No level advantages, but armor give stat boosts (refresh speed of grenade and melee ability) and weapons have different abilities. All of that mixed together can create an uneven playing field for new arrivals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom