• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT10| Working as Intended

Status
Not open for further replies.

adin75

Another raid down, another VoC and Chatterwhite :(

Hopefully RNGesus will finally bless this humble servant with a new weapon on his second run.

Since release? Fusion rifles are mad good in this game. Pocket Infinity is straight up cheating. They need to nerf that gun hard.

The gun doesn't need nerfed per say. Swinging the Nerf bat with a lynch mob mentality will not fix the problem. There are a lot of factors to take into consideration. I think screaming the word nerf every time something feels off is a horrible knee jerk reaction to fine tuning a game.

Look at the other weapons.

Look at why certain weapons are dominating. (There are lots of factors involved here)

Possibly and this is an extreme measure to take, but possibly limit what weapons are allowed in PVP. Certain weapons that dominate in PVP are not so wickedly hot in PVE and also the other way around.

Or we could just make it so PVP everyone runs around naked with nothing but a team cape and we all just beat on each other with fists!

Lima

They just did nerf it few weeks back.

You are a fool if you think the ammo capacity was the problem. No one using it in PvP had the mag size equipped.

You cook that thing up and when an enemy comes in your sight you fire. It's impossible to lose a 1v1 with it. I can't even count the amount of flawless rumble matches I had on Firebase Delphi with that thing. It's so fucking cheap.

SharkJAW

You are a fool if you think the ammo capacity was the problem. No one using it in PvP had the mag size equipped.

You cook that thing up and when an enemy comes in your sight you fire. It's impossible to lose a 1v1 with it. I can't even count the amount of flawless rumble matches I had on Firebase Delphi with that thing. It's so fucking cheap.
The truth. That and invective are quite unfair, especially in rumble.

Frenden

Banned
This is a point that my Sony PS4 co-workers bring up a lot.

But at the end of the day, that remote play looks wicked and I would love to tap into the PS4 GAF friend network.

Remote play is GREAT.

I have a Vita, but just bought a PSTV (the little Vita sticks are hard on my big meat paw hands). I bought a 7", 720p HDTV and am making a little PSTV kiosk to sit on my coffee table (it should be no bigger than a small netbook). I want to remote play with a DS4 and free up the TV for everyone else in the house. Should be rad.

Qwell

Woots, finally got a fatebringer, so happy, now if I could just get chest or helm for my hunter I'll be able to rock the triple lvl 30

X-Frame

Thanks to IB I am now Level 30 on my Titan. Next, to level up the IB gear I got on my Hunter and then Level 30 as well.

All I need is a chest piece or helm for my Warlock and then 30's all around.

Accelerated coils on Perun's Fire is not worth it. I've posted this before:

The charge rate is already very high, very near the cap. So you only get a tiny bit more with accelerated coils, which won't really make a difference. I'd estimate it charges less than half a second faster. It's similar to how field scout doesn't really help Fatebringer (because HCs have a 13 bullet cap).

If you go for accelerated coils a stock Light/Beware will probably beat it in overall usefulness. The Light/Beware will be better at pretty much everything besides a slightly slower charge rate.

Impact is already covered by Praetorian Foil (and the New Monarchy FR). So that really only leaves range. Which is great, because you can make an awesome ranged FR out of Perun's Fire. Hammer Forged + Range Finder + Red Dot-ORS1 and you'll be killing people across the map.

oh cool those are the perks I kept on mine, I thought it would be interesting to see how much range you could get on a FR.

4515147cbd774c8af480405cbc8642d8f02d2a305cd1f2e73a3202675be1157f.jpg

I've hit Level 30.

Feels good. Thanks IB boots.

Strider

Thanks to IB I am now Level 30 on my Titan. Next, to level up the IB gear I got on my Hunter and then Level 30 as well.

All I need is a chest piece or helm for my Warlock and then 30's all around.

niiiiice.

I don't have it in me to get to 30 with multiple characters. One was tough enough lol

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Hm I'm not sure what you thought the Nightfall reward was- but hopefully to assuage any confusion, on each character you get:

-A 20% experience and reputation buff that lasts until the next reset
-One roll on a loot table that includes exotics, legendaries, ascendant materials, and strange coins

edit: beated.

Yeah a legendary weapon is a very common NF drop. You can also get various amounts of either strange coins, ass shards or ass energy (~5-12ish), you can get an exotic weapon or armor if you're lucky, and you can get a legendary engram that often decrypts into 2 ass mats if you're unlucky.

Frenden

Banned
There should be a higher minimum for the # of Strange Coins the drop in the Nightfall. Short of that, the rewards are pretty great.

Yep. I got a legendary hand cannon The Chance tonight.

I got The Chance from a level-up today. With Field Scout! Woo!

EL CUCO

Holy crap Crucible feels so easy and slower paced without all those Suros everywhere.

I can finally go back to using HC's lol

Yes it is normal. You either get an item, coins, or materials.

Hm I'm not sure what you thought the Nightfall reward was- but hopefully to assuage any confusion, on each character you get:

-A 20% experience and reputation buff that lasts until the next reset
-One roll on a loot table that includes exotics, legendaries, ascendant materials, and strange coins

edit: beated.

Yep. I got a legendary hand cannon The Chance tonight.

Yeah a legendary weapon is a very common NF drop. You can also get various amounts of either strange coins, ass shards or ass energy (~5-12ish), you can get an exotic weapon or armor if you're lucky, and you can get a legendary engram that often decrypts into 2 ass mats if you're unlucky.
Thanks guys! This is the first time I didn't get ascendant material and/or an exotic or coins, so I was confused.

Bladelaw

Looking to do the hard raid. Got a friend who has the Oracle checkpoint.

Need 4 people.

Msg x_Magik_ox on Ps4
Psn is being shit and not letting me send the message. I have a 30 hunter with maxed weapons but not much hard mode experience. I've cleared normal 9 times though. Psn fadeddream

hydruxo

There should be a higher minimum for the # of Strange Coins the drop in the Nightfall. Short of that, the rewards are pretty great.

I got The Chance from a level-up today. With field Scout! Woo!

Mine has field scout too, thankfully haha. Because with a 6 round mag it's pretty much useless otherwise lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom