• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT11| It goes up to 11!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was in your shoes monday night, dropped for me in the raid, was told it was good.
then gjallahorn dropped from the hard raid's class item chest yesterday ohohohoh!!!

I have it too, but not yet fully upgraded. It is a poor man's Gjallarhorn. It does good damage, just no tracking. It probably is worth investing in even if you get Gallarhorn in case you have a situation you need the Exotic slot for something else.

For the platforming bit: Am I the only one who Supers across? Both my Titan and Hunter consistently are able to fly across either dancing or Supermaning across. The jumps down are easy by just timing the Triple (switch to GunSlinger)/Boost jump.

My usual method is immediately after the Templar fight to switch subclassesfrom Gunslinger/Defender to Bladedancer/Striker, go grab the chests and pass the gorgons. by the time we get to the platforms the super is ready to go. I blast across and wait while folks keep jumping. I'm not sure of a sunbro way across besides the legitimate ways already posted but with all the talk of flawless wipes occuring here I figured I'd mention it.

I don't prepare for it like u do, but if I saw I'm short a few feet, I would activate it. After 20something raids I'll be damned if I'm messing up jumps. If on hunter I'll do it just to show off.

I just finished Bayonetta 2 (epic game, mind). Finished CoD and AC Unity SP as well, but I've got like shitload of games I need to finish. I keep playing Destiny all the time though so that isn't helping. Plus, I got so many games in November.

Yup, I am having the same issue, never had the problem before.

I've finished Advanced Warfare and Shadow of Mordor.

My backlog
-Assassins Creed Unity
-The Evil Within
-Alien Isolation
-Bayonetta 2
-GTA V
-Far Cry 4
-Dragon Age Inquisition
-Master Chief Collection
-Sunset Overdrive

I've started them all, and the only one I've gotten decently into are Bayonetta 2 and Sunset Overdrive. Mainly because they aren't on PS4 so I can switch to it easily without having to take Destiny out, hahahaha. Then there is the daily Mario Kart 8 or Super Smash Wii U battles with my son.

Destiny has its claws in me good, almost 20 days in game spent since launch day. Not one minute unenjoyed, many friends made here and soon in the dark below.

Anyone have interest in a hard mode raid on Xbox one? We would probably aim for a 1030 to 11 pm EST start.

Right now we got two Lvl 30s maybe three with maxed weapons.

We can go from the start but also would take a Templar cp if anyone had one.

Gt: misterthirsty

Dave_6

DAT Stockpiling continues, so many energy and shards now, GODDAMN!
ikE690w.jpg

Jesus, that makes me want to say fuck it and quit playing. I've got numerous weapons I can't fully upgrade for lacking energy and the same for a few pieces or armor cause I never have any shards. WTF. *Walks away and kicks a chair*

realcZk

Cool, thanks.

The hezen vengeance actually does almost as much overall damage as the ballerhorn, difference is its spread out over a large area so it doesn't do as much single-target damage. The ballerhorn has seeking rounds that, if all hit the target, massively increase single target damage.

IMO, HV is my second choice for a RL, ballerhorn being the first. Truth is great for PvP or void enemies in PvE with a MASSIVE blast radius. But HV actually puts out more damage overall than Truth because of the cluster rounds.

Hoodbury

The weekly FunRun™ VoG Normal running today at 9PM EST.

Need one more. Wouldn't mind an alt or two, either.

We are all going to join a clan together to get the trophy for completing the raid with your clan. Be willing to do this...

1) scarletham
2) hoodbury
3) mupod
4) X-Frame
5) appletz
6)

Aww, no ColonelOCorn this week?

Bladelaw

My biggest shard/energy sink is having alts. If I stuck to just one character I'd have all the shards/energies I could want. That said I'm still sitting on 50 shards and 18 energies despite maxing damn near everything. Daily heroics x 3 and raids keep me flush in materials.

Yeah I am with you. Have not beaten any games I started in the summer or even start any games I bought after destiny. Once I hit finish lvling up my titan and warlock to 30, just on the last bubble, I will prob take it easy till the new dlc.
That dlc that comes out in less than two weeks hehe The grind never ends!
Jesus, that makes me want to say fuck it and quit playing. I've got numerous weapons I can't fully upgrade for lacking energy and the same for a few pieces or armor cause I never have any shards. WTF. *Walks away and kicks a chair*

Clearly you never play the Raid. That's 80-90 percent of what you get every run. Raid buddy, Raid!

Dave_6

Clearly you never play the Raid. That's 80-90 percent of what you get every run. Raid buddy, Raid!

Unfortunately I've only completed one normal raid and had two previous 'attempts'. Working ~11 hours a day limits my time and it seems hard to find folks to just play the weekly or nightfall with. My two alternates are only levels 7 and 2 as well.

Pickman

Oh my god. This is the most cringe-worthy thing I've ever heard. Is this a joke, Bungie?

(Taken from a tweet) "RT @GuardiansofD: Here's this weeks Audio Grimoire Card. Ghost Fragment - Thorn"

http://www.astrumterra.com/files/Ghost_Fragment_Thorn_2.mp3

Think they're just sharing some fan-made content... but that content really sucks. If I had the patience and time (teehee) to do it, I could do way better than this. I see Dredgen Yor as having a more terse, abrupt way of speaking than what this guy did. As for the other guys harassing him... fuck, they're just terrible.

Man... this is That Wizard Came From The Moon!-level bad.

The only problem with taking all the platforms is that there are fake platforms that put you at a dead end if you jump on them. You really need to practice/memorize which ones you need to jump on... whereas, I don't see how you can fail jumping down from the second/third platform. All of the jumps allow for soft landings all the time!

It's not a problem when you know the spiral: you don't jump on the dead end platforms. Of course it's easy to jump from the 2nd/3rd platform, but that's not the point. The jumps don't kill people, the stress does.

I'm not directing this at you or anyone specifically, just general advice from someone who's run flawless as much as anybody on the planet. I constantly hear people talk about the method they use and how they never die when doing normal raids... and then I constantly see flawless runs wipe on the jumps. I know everyone can make the jumps every time on regular raids, but its just not relevant unless its done on a live flawless run. Even if you've done it on flawless runs, there's no reason to leave anything to chance.

As soon as a run wipes on the jumps, it undermines team morale because now we have to do that looooong, booooooring conflux/oracle/templar part again. Then people start getting extra chatty to help pass the time, but the concentration starts waning also. Any run that reaches GKeepers should be cashed in, the glitches are a total non-issue now. Getting past the jumps every run is so critical for so many reasons.

LordofPwn

Figured i'd try regular crucible after playing IB all last week.
my first match back...

My 1st Reign of Terror, and i ended up getting a 19 kill spree. one of my better K/D ratios but my score was not my highest.
Then my performance took a dive for the rest of the night.

Anyone have interest in a hard mode raid on Xbox one? We would probably aim for a 1030 to 11 pm EST start.

Count me in. 30 on hunter or warlock. 29 on titan. Maxed weapons, should be able to max my vision before the raid.

Gt: Panama chief

noomi

Guys.

Guys.

Red Death is broken.

I'm in love.

2 shot bursts consistently.

Fuck off Hawkmoon, eat shit and die you stupid hand cannon.

The BR King is back.

I actually got it right after we finished our raid yesterday and let out a big "Meh" is it really that good for pvp? 2 shot bursts?

Ended up with Raid Helm on Warlock which gives me a full set. I am leaning towards using the Praxic Fire as my exotic slot, but also have Sunbreakers that I like. Any thoughts?

E92 M3

I added you for future playing. Can't help right now due to work.

Will the Thupdate be today? I need to hear about my mythoclast asap

Maybe if it's prewritten.

Bungie, if you're going to be pricks and add yet another method of "slowing progress" to the nightfall, at least add matchmaking. This is horrible. FML...

Unfortunately I've only completed one normal raid and had two previous 'attempts'. Working ~11 hours a day limits my time and it seems hard to find folks to just play the weekly or nightfall with. My two alternates are only levels 7 and 2 as well.

Just ask in the thread. There are many people in here willing to help out with NF and Weeklies. What time do you normally play at? Also, there's another thread specifically for finding people to do the NF and Raid with though I suspect this thread is still more useful due to the volume that passes through it.

Ended up with Raid Helm on Warlock which gives me a full set. I am leaning towards using the Praxic Fire as my exotic slot, but also have Sunbreakers that I like. Any thoughts?

I like Praxic Fire, but I personally wear the entire set because I think it looks way too badass.

realcZk

The nightfall with angry modifier solo is so lame now lol. It just takes forever if you don't use the right elemental weapons to drop their shields. Not even fun in the slightest. Not sure how Bungie expects anyone to beat the Nightfalls without using cheese strategies, especially when the boss can instagib you and the penalty of restarting is so severe. People are obviously going to take the safest, most effective route (cheese) to beat the bosses. If they still had a checkpoint system in the nightfall I could see this promoting people trying other or more risky strategies.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Think they're just sharing some fan-made content... but that content really sucks. If I had the patience and time (teehee) to do it, I could do way better than this. I see Dredgen Yor as having a more terse, abrupt way of speaking than what this guy did. As for the other guys harassing him... fuck, they're just terrible.
It wasn't how I imagined his voice either. but it works better without voices anyway imo, it's not an exchange that really lends itself to a radio play. It's best reading it as the security transcript it's meant to be, where you have to work out who the parties in play are.

Ghost Fragment: Thorn 2

I really am scared about this buff.
Think I may do some recordings of Grimoire Cards tonight and tomorrow. Any suggestions/favorites?
Uhhh everything I quoted here I guess!

gatti-man

Bungie really needs to fix the nightfall strikes. This week my three runs total: 18 strange coins and 10 shards.......... what the fuck.

LordofPwn

The only problem with taking all the platforms is that there are fake platforms that put you at a dead end if you jump on them. You really need to practice/memorize which ones you need to jump on... whereas, I don't see how you can fail jumping down from the second/third platform. All of the jumps allow for soft landings all the time!

It's not a problem when you know the spiral: you don't jump on the dead end platforms. Of course it's easy to jump from the 2nd/3rd platform, but that's not the point. The jumps don't kill people, the stress does.

I'm not directing this at you or anyone specifically, just general advice from someone who's run flawless as much as anybody on the planet. I constantly hear people talk about the method they use and how they never die when doing normal raids... and then I constantly see flawless runs wipe on the jumps. I know everyone can make the jumps every time on regular raids, but its just not relevant unless its done on a live flawless run. Even if you've done it on flawless runs, there's no reason to leave anything to chance.

As soon as a run wipes on the jumps, it undermines team morale because now we have to do that looooong, booooooring conflux/oracle/templar part again. Then people start getting extra chatty to help pass the time, but the concentration starts waning also. Any run that reaches GKeepers should be cashed in, the glitches are a total non-issue now. Getting past the jumps every run is so critical for so many reasons.
As someone who wiped 3 flawless attempts on jumps, learn the spiral, love the spiral. watch my vid. it really is the easiest most stress free method. And trust me when i say this. if you do your method and fail, you'll feel like shit for letting down 5 people. then the next hardest part is dealing with the ledge while your adrenaline is pumping. And as the doc said. its the stress that kills you, but once you get to gatekeepers your should be home free. I just did a normal raid last night where we got all of the chests without wiping made it to atheon and had to deal with glitches. 2 people getting teleported twice, and then 3 normal TVs. and there was only one other person with me that had encountered these bugs before, yet we still got through it just fine. Sad thing is, Gatekeepers and Atheon are the easiest/quickest parts outside of opening the vault

Nice that looks easy enough. Thanks for the vid. Also good times in the crucible last night lots of good wins.
Indeed, good times!

UND3RxOATH

Neo Member
I have a question for all those who play on the Xbox One.

I haven't played Destiny in a few weeks on the Xbox One mainly with the release of CoD and Halo. However, when I played my first game I didn't realize how "choppy" the game was playing. It wasn't a consistent frame-rate and felt extremely sluggish. This is during a MP game on Control.

I also own the game on the PS4 so this might be some of the issue. Is this a common issue?

k1t4j

Guys.

Guys.

Red Death is broken.

I'm in love.

2 shot bursts consistently.

Fuck off Hawkmoon, eat shit and die you stupid hand cannon.

The BR King is back.

Is this a random drop?
exotic bounty?
raid drop?

to the google mobile!!!

realcZk

Bungie really needs to fix the nightfall strikes. This week my three runs total: 18 strange coins and 10 shards.......... what the fuck.

I haven't got anything good from the Nightfall since week 2 (MIDA). Last couple weeks have been SWARMs on SWARMs on SWARMs.

This week it was shards, coins and a horribad bullethose AR (100 RoF, 1 Impact).

Qwell

Can't wait till I'm off work, I finally got a raid piece for my hunter last night that in conjunction with the IB stuff I picked up and utilizing one of my exotics will let me hit lvl 30. Plus I picked up 2x Fatebringers last night so I'll be doing a bunch of counties to get the helm leveled up for level 30 and I'll try to max one of the Fatebringers.

Graverobber .... do you just NOT level up your weapons? Holy cow that is a ton of energy, I'm always energy starved, but of course I'm a crazy person who has a boat load of maxed weapons, I should make one of those screenshots sometime...

2x maxed Atheon Epilogue
3x maxed Corrective Measures
2x maxed (almost 3) PR
2x maxed Suros Regime
2x maxed Icebreaker
2x maxed (almost 3) Vision of Confluence
2x maxed Vex Mythoclast
2x 70% Thorn
2x 70% Hawkmoone
1x maxed 77 wizard
1x maxed Thunderlord
1x maxed Truth
1x maxed Light / Beware
1x 70% Invective

I know I shouldn't complain .... but I really want a Gjallerhorn ... or Hezen Vengeance, Plan C would be nice .... dangit I WANT EVERYTHING!!!

Dave_6

Just ask in the thread. There are many people in here willing to help out with NF and Weeklies. What time do you normally play at? Also, there's another thread specifically for finding people to do the NF and Raid with though I suspect this thread is still more useful due to the volume that passes through it.

I'm in the southeast so it's Central time. Mon through Fri I can usually play anytime after 6 or so up until midnight. I'm off tomorrow and Friday so with the weekend I'll have four days to play and somewhat try to catch up. Like last night though, I posted looking for nightfall and weekly help and my post seemed to get looked over as usual. I had to jump in a friends game and he was right at the end about to finish off Phogoth.

I spent every one of my first 17 coins on that magnificent weapon, and it's worth all of them thrice over. My first exotic, and it remains one of my top 3 favorite items in the game.

Fingers crossed he brings it Friday. Much as I want to complete my own collection, The People Deserve Gjallarhorn.

I will laaaaaaaugh my head off if a pulse rifle becomes the new FotM in the Crucible.

In all seriousness, how do we get added to the OP list?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom