• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT11| It goes up to 11!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Yup, I am having the same issue, never had the problem before.

I've finished Advanced Warfare and Shadow of Mordor.

My backlog
-Assassins Creed Unity
-The Evil Within
-Alien Isolation
-Bayonetta 2
-GTA V
-Far Cry 4
-Dragon Age Inquisition
-Master Chief Collection
-Sunset Overdrive

I've started them all, and the only one I've gotten decently into are Bayonetta 2 and Sunset Overdrive. Mainly because they aren't on PS4 so I can switch to it easily without having to take Destiny out, hahahaha. Then there is the daily Mario Kart 8 or Super Smash Wii U battles with my son.

Destiny has its claws in me good, almost 20 days in game spent since launch day. Not one minute unenjoyed, many friends made here and soon in the dark below.

I've got the digital version of Destiny so I don't really have to bother with switching discs. I am glad I finished Bayonetta 2 in 3 to 4 sittings because that was one enjoyable game.

And yeah, ATM Destiny is the only game I feel like playing.

What are you talking about, exactly?

The patch they recently implemented that affected the ability to run it solo. I believe in the patch notes it mentioned something about adjusting the scaling for 3 person strikes, but it also impacted solo difficulty pretty dramatically.

Shito

The nightfall with angry modifier solo is so lame now lol. It just takes forever if you don't use the right elemental weapons to drop their shields. Not even fun in the slightest. Not sure how Bungie expects anyone to beat the Nightfalls without using cheese strategies, especially when the boss can instagib you and the penalty of restarting is so severe. People are obviously going to take the safest, most effective route (cheese) to beat the bosses. If they still had a checkpoint system in the nightfall I could see this promoting people trying other or more risky strategies.
I would love them to tone down the "my shield is down, I'm going to hide NOW!" mechanism on enemies. I get it, it's cute, it's a cheap and easy way to make us think they have some intelligence, and it makes the combats harder, but after a while it gets reaaaally old having to chase down coward enemies ALL THE TIME.
This is the only big flaw starting to get to me, lately, I have less and less patience with these enemies always fleeing to a hiding place. Even dregs do that, when they should be the canon fodder we enjoy mowing down...

firehawk12

Subete no aware
It's not a problem when you know the spiral: you don't jump on the dead end platforms. Of course it's easy to jump from the 2nd/3rd platform, but that's not the point. The jumps don't kill people, the stress does.

I'm not directing this at you or anyone specifically, just general advice from someone who's run flawless as much as anybody on the planet. I constantly hear people talk about the method they use and how they never die when doing normal raids... and then I constantly see flawless runs wipe on the jumps. I know everyone can make the jumps every time on regular raids, but its just not relevant unless its done on a live flawless run. Even if you've done it on flawless runs, there's no reason to leave anything to chance.

As soon as a run wipes on the jumps, it undermines team morale because now we have to do that looooong, booooooring conflux/oracle/templar part again. Then people start getting extra chatty to help pass the time, but the concentration starts waning also. Any run that reaches GKeepers should be cashed in, the glitches are a total non-issue now. Getting past the jumps every run is so critical for so many reasons.

For me, I was more nervous trying to deviate from something I've done countless times. It makes you start second guessing everything if you change what you do just because someone says there's a safer way.

I don't disagree with you either, and part of the reason why my run was successful was because we got the "flawless with one death run" which took away a lot of the pressure, but unless you are willing to let people practice the jumps on their own over and over again, asking someone to blindly do the spiral jump is asking for as much trouble as taking the risk of bouncing off the wall or whatever.

Heck, you could argue that making the jumps from the cave platform on the left side of the map is technically easier, because you can skip the broken floor entirely (the other thing that seemingly screws runs), but I don't know anyone who has legitimately used that route outside of Bladedancers and Strikers using their supers.

I'm in the southeast so it's Central time. Mon through Fri I can usually play anytime after 6 or so up until midnight. I'm off tomorrow and Friday so with the weekend I'll have four days to play and somewhat try to catch up. Like last night though, I posted looking for nightfall and weekly help and my post seemed to get looked over as usual. I had to jump in a friends game and he was right at the end about to finish off Phogoth.

I'm MST so just an hour behind you. If you play until around midnight your time, there should be at least a few hours where we overlap our gaming time and I'd be happy to help you with Weeklies and I'm sure we could get another too. This weekend I'm out of town for the holidays but you can hit me up going forward. Usually I see people match up on here when they ask but of course it won't work 100 percent of the time. I've added quite a few people from here and whereas you normally don't care to have loads of people you've only played with once or twice cluttering your friends list, it's great for this game because you can see if they are doing whatever activity you're looking for and then message them about joining (or just join if they don't typically mind). I don't recall if you said what system you play on but hopefully it's PS4 since I said I'd help ;P PSN: SquallASF

Varvor

DAT Stockpiling continues, so many energy and shards now, GODDAMN!
ikE690w.jpg

I am much of the same boat here mate.

10258290_10154864146490032_8012974443293362945_o.jpg

Loomba

Probably both. But the VoG loot is going to seem like the old and weak loot by then... Did you see that all the new legendaries and exotics start with higher attack values?

EDIT: sry for the double post.

I was looking at it more for the ass mats.

Dave_6

I'm MST so just an hour behind you. If you play until around midnight your time, there should be at least a few hours where we overlap our gaming time and I'd be happy to help you with Weeklies and I'm sure we could get another too. This weekend I'm out of town for the holidays but you can hit me up going forward. Usually I see people match up on here when they ask but of course it won't work 100 percent of the time. I've added quite a few people from here and whereas you normally don't care to have loads of people you've only played with once or twice cluttering your friends list, it's great for this game because you can see if they are doing whatever activity you're looking for and then message them about joining (or just join if they don't typically mind). I don't recall if you said what system you play on but hopefully it's PS4 since I said I'd help ;P PSN: SquallASF

OK thanks, I made a note to add you tonight as soon as I log on. Think I'm going to spend tonight trying to get my two alternates as leveled up as much as I can. Hopefully I can get another raid done sometime in the next four days. My PSN is DaveS78.

Man, I am not patient enough to do this Nightfall solo. Those shields are a bitch.

What?! Aren't you a veteran? Being in the military made me patient as hell. When you stand at attention for two hours at 0500, while waiting for the galley to open for morning chow and doing that 5 days out of the week for two months, soloing a nightfall seems trivial.

Ourobolus

Banned
They made NF harder for solo after patch anyway. You should try to ask for help.

Yeah, I know. Last week's was fine solo, but this one is pretty rough.

What?! Aren't you a veteran? Being in the military made me patient as hell. When you stand for two hours at attention at 0500 while waiting for the galley to open for morning chow and doing that 5 days out of the week for two months, soloing a nightfall seems trivial.

That I am. But doing nothing is a lot easier than doing something with futility. :D

Mida Multi-Tool has given me a taste for Scout rifles admist people saying that it has poor range for a Scout rifle.. so I decided to buy FWC's ''The Calling'' Scout rifle due it's good stats on stability, impact and most of all range.

Yup, I am loving The Calling, it's a good vendor legendary Scout rifle, I actually perform better with than I do with the Mida Multi-Tool

DAT Stockpiling continues, so many energy and shards now, GODDAMN!
ikE690w.jpg

use a 2nd or 3rd character to act as alternat bank vault holding excessive guns.

I have a 3rd character who just acts like walking bank if I ever overflow

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Bizarrely, you guys are kind of motivating me to try this Nightfall solo

Dude, if a glitch wipes out your vault I am not sure how you will react. Never keep exotics and stuff (AS, AE) there.
I can't play like this. I have to treat my vault as secure. there's too much I want to keep but not actively use and too much I need to transfer regularly.

If it glitches and I lose everything, I'll just stop playing and that'll be that.
I'm looking to do the Nightfall and weekly heroic this afternoon/evening ~3-7pm Eastern, if you want to team up.

PS4 Berried_treasurE
Me! They're letting us out of work early! Plus you're a pro now from Xyor!

Can you join us Ourobolus?

EL CUCO

For me, I was more nervous trying to deviate from something I've done countless times. It makes you start second guessing everything if you change what you do just because someone says there's a safer way.

I don't disagree with you either, and part of the reason why my run was successful was because we got the "flawless with one death run" which took away a lot of the pressure, but unless you are willing to let people practice the jumps on their own over and over again, asking someone to blindly do the spiral jump is asking for as much trouble as taking the risk of bouncing off the wall or whatever.

Heck, you could argue that making the jumps from the cave platform on the left side of the map is technically easier, because you can skip the broken floor entirely (the other thing that seemingly screws runs), but I don't know anyone who has legitimately used that route outside of Bladedancers and Strikers using their supers.

The hardest part for me will be that stupid little ledge :/

breakfuss

Yeah, I recently realized Flawless and Dead Ghosts (easy) are the only trophies I have left...lol. So close, but so so so so far away. I suck at the platforming part. But I rarely get platinums ...this would be a nice one.

Also, the OP is an entertaining read! Nice job with that. Don't understand the title though. Guess I missed that joke.

Bizarrely, you guys are kind of motivating me to try this Nightfall solo

I can't play like this. I have to treat my vault as secure. there's too much I want to keep but not actively use and too much I need to transfer regularly.

If it glitches and I lose everything, I'll just stop playing and that'll be that.
Yeah I would do the same if I lost everything or had to restart from the beginning.

The hardest part for me will be that stupid little ledge :/
like I mention, it's the "hardest" part of the flawless raid IMO. We did encounter some weird kind of glitch/ server lag when one guy went to the bathroom in the spirt bloom cave, where the adds came back after killing the Templar.

zewone

I'd love to get Flawless, but it's so hard to find a group since the people I trust have already obtained it.

Really wish the trophy was based on a personal basis since I have done the raid without dying multiple times.

Daemul

Guys.

Guys.

Red Death is broken.

I'm in love.

2 shot bursts consistently.

Fuck off Hawkmoon, eat shit and die you stupid hand cannon.

The BR King is back.

Another one sees the light, the Pulse rifle fellowship is growing. Now there's three of us :p

The best part about most people not using Pulse rifles is the non existent calls for nerfs. I can two burst them whilst getting healed in the process(thereby not having to seek cover after a gunfight) and dance over their bodies, waiting for the next fool to come round the corner.

I will laaaaaaaugh my head off if a pulse rifle becomes the new FotM in the Crucible.

If this does happen then the bandwagoners can fuck right off. I've been on the Pulse rifle hype train since day one, and there's only room for a select few. It would be hilarious seeing people begging for Xur to sell the Red Death though, when they should have bought it when they had the chance. I'll be serving out lots of crow that day.

We wouldn't have to split them. We'd just lock this one and all move to the expansion OP. That's what most other games do when expansion time comes.

I think a lot of the posters here wanna see OT12+ though... They like the high numbers lol

I'd prefer an all new OT for the expansion though filled with all the info about Dark Below.

I think going with the same OTs is better, the expansion is nowhere near as substantial as a WoW expansion.

Maybe when the "Comet" expansion comes out in the Fall that has more substantial content and changes?

OT11? Hot damn did I miss out on some OTgoodness these past 3 weeks.

Speaking of which, what are the big changes beyond fire team chat and bounty increases that have taken place? Any significant buffs/nerfs?

^And I agree with not creating a new OT for the 'expansion'. As it is there will likely be 3-4 threads surrounding it that people who want to discuss specifics of it can find fulfillment and the thread is doing well enough in the community section.

phen0m24

He bailed on us!

At least Hood loves me. Haha

Hoodbury I am a rare alt in another run and I asked Scarlet if I may fill that spot tonight.

The folks in that run were my raid-mentors and it would be nice to
hopefully
bang out a HM with them.

I'll be back next week or even in between! My kids are with their mom until Sat or Sun.

I'd love to get Flawless, but it's so hard to find a group since the people I trust have already obtained it.

Really wish the trophy was based on a personal basis since I have done the raid without dying multiple times.
I will be willing to run it with you, just let me know when and if I can, I will help out.

ethomaz

Banned

I'm open to flawless too.

I just don't get it because my connection dropped near the end... so they beat the Atheon with 5 guys and got the trophy :(

Ambitious

I've done the platforming section so many times and I honestly didn't even know more platforms spawned after the first three haha. I always just jump after the 3rd one. Hunter's triple jump makes it a breeze.

I usually jump directly from the second one, using my Hunter's extended double jump. It's a close call in terms of distance and remaining energy, but it works.

I will be happy to run it with you, just make sure you got the jumping platform down :) it's prob the "hardest" part imo

As much as people bash it, I have never died once doing the jump from the side. Warlock glide (balanced) makes it a cinch.

Dunno how people overshoot and hit the wall...

DjRalford

I've done the platforming section so many times and I honestly didn't even know more platforms spawned after the first three haha. I always just jump after the 3rd one. Hunter's triple jump makes it a breeze.

I got so hacked off at the platforms I now just go from the ledge on the right.
Sprint, jump, boost, shoulder charge, FoH, and I land safe and sound on the ledge the other side.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Yeah, I recently realized Flawless and Dead Ghosts (easy) are the only trophies I have left...lol. So close, but so so so so far away. I suck at the platforming part. But I rarely get platinums ...this would be a nice one.

Also, the OP is an entertaining read! Nice job with that. Don't understand the title though. Guess I missed that joke.
Somebody needs to see This is Spinal Tap very soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom