• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT11| It goes up to 11!

Status
Not open for further replies.
For me, I was more nervous trying to deviate from something I've done countless times. It makes you start second guessing everything if you change what you do just because someone says there's a safer way.

I don't disagree with you either, and part of the reason why my run was successful was because we got the "flawless with one death run" which took away a lot of the pressure, but unless you are willing to let people practice the jumps on their own over and over again, asking someone to blindly do the spiral jump is asking for as much trouble as taking the risk of bouncing off the wall or whatever.

Flawless raider is supposed to be challenging, people need to take responsibility for doing their homework and knowing the raid extremely well. Nobody should be trying to learn the spiral during a live run, I've always recommended the exact opposite when people don't know it. If someone wipes on the jumps, then they need to practice it until they know it and I say this every single time I run with a group. The problem is people don't take it seriously enough, or they think they know it but really don't, or a different person wipes the next time, etc.

It's crazy to talk about deviating from something you're more familiar with, or to talk about asking someone to do the spiral blind. Anyone running flawless should be intimately familiar with every last nook and cranny in the VoG, from the platforms to the order the Atheon oracles spawn in the left vs. right portals etc. I'll never understand why people have so much resistance to this. Take 5-10 minutes to learn it and then there's no downside.

LiK

I don't think I can deal with helping anyone with Flawless. It felt good to fuck around in the Raid last night. Had a lot of laughs.

Ourobolus

Banned
I'm looking to do the Nightfall and weekly heroic this afternoon/evening ~3-7pm Eastern, if you want to team up.

PS4 Berried_treasurE

Me! They're letting us out of work early! Plus you're a pro now from Xyor!

Can you join us Ourobolus?

Yeah, that could probably work for me. I'll be done with work around 3:30 (but I'm working from home, so I'm sure no one will miss me :D)

I'd love to get Flawless, but it's so hard to find a group since the people I trust have already obtained it.

Really wish the trophy was based on a personal basis since I have done the raid without dying multiple times.

If you're interested in forming a group, you can count me in. I don't have flawless yet, but I have ran NM a couple of times without dying.

As much as people bash it, I have never died once doing the jump from the side. Warlock glide (balanced) makes it a cinch.

Dunno how people overshoot and hit the wall...
Yeah it's more of the pressure and knowing if you mess up, you messes it up for everyone else. Plus the weird collision effects. I had some strange bouncing effect yesterday when I was using my warlock. Assuming I did the same as you, I jumped off the 2nd or 3rd platform and glided there. But I kept bouncing high and off the ledge. It's much safer to do the spiral platform for flawless attempts.

LordofPwn

I usually jump directly from the second one, using my Hunter's extended double jump. It's a close call in terms of distance and remaining energy, but it works.
Add stress to this and it becomes you dead, and people upset.
As much as people bash it, I have never died once doing the jump from the side. Warlock glide (balanced) makes it a cinch.

Dunno how people overshoot and hit the wall...
I had never died as a warlock from doing this strat, but then i died on flawless, and never again.
I got so hacked off at the platforms I now just go from the ledge on the right.
Sprint, jump, boost, shoulder charge, FoH, and I land safe and sound on the ledge the other side.
you mean the left side?
Oh, now I get it. Thought Hawk turned into Dax.
where is Dax anyways?

Somebody needs to see This is Spinal Tap very soon.
|OT12|...but this one goes up to 32...

gatti-man

Another one sees the light, the Pulse rifle fellowship is growing. Now there's three of us :p

The best part about most people not using Pulse rifles is the non existent calls for nerfs. I can two burst them whilst getting healed in the process(thereby not having to seek cover after a gunfight) and dance over their bodies, waiting for the next fool to come round the corner.

If this does happen then the bandwagoners can fuck right off. I've been on the Pulse rifle hype train since day one, and there's only room for a select few. It would be hilarious seeing people begging for Xur to sell the Red Death though, when they should have bought it when they had the chance. I'll be serving out lots of crow that day.
Gun is so stronk and rare in crucible. I know immediately when someone has one.

DjRalford

Add stress to this and it becomes you dead, and people upset.

I had never died as a warlock from doing this strat, but then i died on flawless, and never again.

you mean the left side?

where is Dax anyways?

|OT12|...but this one goes up to 32...

Nope, right, you can drop down onto a small ledge, and jump across to a 2nd ledge, from there its easy to get across.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Flawless raider is supposed to be challenging, people need to take responsibility for doing their homework and knowing the raid extremely well. Nobody should be trying to learn the spiral during a live run, I've always recommended the exact opposite when people don't know it. If someone wipes on the jumps, then they need to practice it until they know it and I say this every single time I run with a group. The problem is people don't take it seriously enough, or they think they know it but really don't, or a different person wipes the next time, etc.

It's crazy to talk about deviating from something you're more familiar with, or to talk about asking someone to do the spiral blind. Anyone running flawless should be intimately familiar with every last nook and cranny in the VoG, from the platforms to the order the Atheon oracles spawn in the left vs. right portals etc. I'll never understand why people have so much resistance to this. Take 5-10 minutes to learn it and then there's no downside.

I guess at some point we're talking about (sports) psychology more than anything else. I ended up learning the spiral, but I just found the way I did the jumps to be the best way to do it - for me. In the same way, I just hop over the crack in the floor on the ledge, while some people like to do elaborate glide jumps around the crack or what not.

But technically, the easiest way to make the jumps is to use the alternate cave path, because there are no dead end platforms AND you skip the crack in the floor. And I'm sure there are people who have mastered that route, but again, personally, I've never seen anyone actually make it from there.

Ah, here it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zHBL5MhstyE

yeah Hawkian, that is seriously a quality OP. You don't have fancy graphics or a thousand bullet points or GAF Magazine photoshops, but you perfectly capture the soul of Destiny and this particular point in time in the game's history. I'm sure plenty of the feels in this OP will be outdated a year from now, but I think that's exactly the point of why it's so great :)

(plus of course the wealth of player created guides that are beyond helpful to new and grizzled players alike)

LordofPwn

I don't think I can deal with helping anyone with Flawless. It felt good to fuck around in the Raid last night. Had a lot of laughs.

I did a normal raid last night with my clan, got my sparrow down to templar and defended mid for a little bit before i shot my sparrow and sent it into a mob. Normal raids are just so much more fun than Heroic ones.

LiK

Apparently it happened to a few people a few weeks ago, Bungie confirmed they were investigating the issue on twitter. Not sure if it was ever confirmed as a valid issue or not.

Yea, not sure how that happened. I wonder if they log out before quitting the game. I always log out just to make sure it saves my progress.

I did a normal raid last night with my clan, got my sparrow down to templar and defended mid for a little bit before i shot my sparrow and sent it into a mob. Normal raids are just so much more fun than Heroic ones.

Heh, we actually fucked around in Hard raid. It wasn't too bad.

We are three guys looking for three more to start the raid in normal mode. We start as soon as we are a full team. Add nevernuder on PSN for some action.

We are three guys looking for three more to start the raid in normal mode. We start as soon as we are a full team. Add nevernuder on PSN for some action.

Would you mind taking my 25 Titan? I have maxed VoC, Icebreaker, Gjallahorn.

I've completed it tons of times on both Normal and Hard so I know what I'm doing.

LordofPwn

Yea, not sure how that happened. I wonder if they log out before quitting the game. I always log out just to make sure it saves my progress.

Heh, we actually fucked around in Hard raid. It wasn't too bad.
I dont have a regular group that is that comfortable on hard yet...

Also who all is down for that Guardian Lords Hard Raid on Saturday?

Zocano

I actually got it right after we finished our raid yesterday and let out a big "Meh" is it really that good for pvp? 2 shot bursts?

It's a monster in PVP
if you can aim well.

If both bursts hit the head dead on it's a kill. I usually get three shot kills with it but I feel like I don't have to rely on RNG like Hawkmoon and can actually string them together instead of having to have a reload break like Hawkmoon.

ethomaz

Banned
yeah Hawkian, that is seriously a quality OP. You don't have fancy graphics or a thousand bullet points or GAF Magazine photoshops, but you perfectly capture the soul of Destiny and this particular point in time in the game's history. I'm sure plenty of the feels in this OP will be outdated a year from now, but I think that's exactly the point of why it's so great :)

(plus of course the wealth of player created guides that are beyond helpful to new and grizzled players alike)
Well this OT will be outdated in two weeks... a year from now we will be at OT20 :D

Hoodbury

At least Hood loves me. Haha

Hoodbury I am a rare alt in another run and I asked Scarlet if I may fill that spot tonight.

The folks in that run were my raid-mentors and it would be nice to
hopefully
bang out a HM with them.

I'll be back next week or even in between! My kids are with their mom until Sat or Sun.

Heh, just worried it's going to be kinda quiet now tonight.

Qwell

I'd love to get Flawless, but it's so hard to find a group since the people I trust have already obtained it.

Really wish the trophy was based on a personal basis since I have done the raid without dying multiple times.
If you ever do want to try zewone let me know, I wasn't interested in it at all before ... but destiny has its hooks in me and I do love doing the raid. I have the jumping and gorgon maze down pat.

Lima

Two men going into the raid, only one of them will come out alive (hint it will be my Sunbro. My hunter buddy can fuck off). Let's fucking go.

Pickman

My homemade Hawkmoon lore:

<An old man lies on the ground with the cauterized stump of his leg still smoking and the bodies of a half dozen Vandals around him. He doesn't wield the Light in this life, but something about his calm demeanor in the face of death suggests that he knows he'll be back again soon.>

*rattling cough*

Come here, stranger. Guardian, is it? You have the look. You've been to the land of two rivers and seen a world without a Sun. That's what the Darkness brings for all of us, I know it.

Listen to me. I'm the last of my kind. My people still thrived after the Traveler fell, but being out here- hunted for centuries- has taken its toll. The cruel end intended for my ancestors is mine to bear, and so bear it I will.

My grandfather was the last Hata&#322;ii, a spiritual man who could convene with spirits. My father never believed in him, but I never forgot his lessons. I took all I learned to heart and saw the signs of the spirits' influence everywhere, even in these monsters returned at last to the fourth world to torment us.

My father was a more practical man. He made this.

<the old man hefts his pistol in a surprisingly sure grip>

He called it Atsah Ooljee... the Hawkmoon. He was never a good shot, but he was a city man befire the Collapse and a skilled gunsmith. He made it for a sportsman who wanted something "authentic" to put on his hip when he bragged about hunting those Dragons out on Venus. In the end it stayed in the family, and now it's mine.

I gave it more than a name, Guardian. I gave it meaning. Each bullet is a stone cast back into the great lake; sending these devils back to dark, and trying to save Mankind.

I'm dying. I know that. I'll be with my people, and live in new lands, for a time. I might be back some day to walk with spirits. I might not.

For now, take this. Keep my memory alive. Slay the monsters that come for the people left behind.

E92 M3

Snowing pretty heavy now, I'm thinking of leaving work early or risk killing myself on the road lol. Come home and play Destiny during a snow storm - sounds lovely.

Would anyone like to watch our 2-man raid? I could broadcast on Twitch.

Yes

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
How is a 2 man raid even possibly against Atheon? How do you cleanse yourself fast enough and also destroy the Oracles if you're sent away to the past or future?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom