• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT11| It goes up to 11!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Question GAF,

Ended up with a Hezen Vengeance last night, what are the thoughts on it? I unfortunately do not have a Ghorn so my heavy slot is "open for business". Worth the energies?

If you have a slot then yeah work it.

Not a bad launcher and who doesn't like to eat Oracles for breakfast.

No Destiny thread has lasted for more than 2 Xur visits

Enough said, this blows my mind :D Then again I may be good for a page if Gjallerhorn doesn't make it's triumphant return this week (I had only just hit 20 when he last had it and only had 6 coins :( )

Zocano

Guys.

Guys.

Red Death is broken.

I'm in love.

2 shot bursts consistently.

Fuck off Hawkmoon, eat shit and die you stupid hand cannon.

The BR King is back.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
We were working on a flawless nightfall yesterday and my buddy changes from Sunbro to Voidbro. He does the swap announces the change then jumps towards the edge of the hellsmouth near the location of the two Knights... blip... disappears... reappears... fuck. Blink was active. Poor bastard blinks right into the hellsmouth. I felt bad laughing about that for the rest of the night.

But RNGesus pays me back for laughing. Stupid ass Universal Remote.
I got that gun too, meh. I think I have all the essential exotics so I'm not really that frustrated with this game's RNG.

What is HILARIOUS are some Atheon runs I've watched yesterday with my friends on PS Stream.

I am beyond explainable of those people are doing. They are simply lunatic in their tactics and I can't believe they are doing what they are doing.

They are getting CONSTANTLY wiped by either Harpies outside or their incapability to survive Atheon once they're out of the portals.

I have never imagined how someone can't understand the need to catch Harpies in cross-fire, or tactics that impose usage of shilled only for the Super attack, without protective usage.

Not even to mention the ultimate moment, where they are sacrificing one member of the team who constantly enters inside the portal after the Oracle phase have already started with 3 guys already in, when he "helps" killing last 2 Oracles from the portal "back side" and then exits being blinded and then simply falls constantly in the pits when returned to Atheon.

And the moment when they're "defending" the flux around the portal from Harpies from BELOW, shooting at them and then yelling because EVERY TIME someone dies from blast. Surprise!

We watched it for almost ah hour, they just couldn't pass it. We were laughing all the time, I even write them few messages, but they were too lazy to watch it.

I have no clue how people can be that clueless. Watch some YT videos for Atheonsake ;))
People are getting better at it but there are always going to be some lame wipes with randoms. I need to check out some of these streams.

Yeah, I really need to make a video or gif or something to show the spiral jump pattern. I just can't deal with many more flawless wipes on jumps like that, its the absolute worst (and most common) way to wipe runs. After wiping on the jumps first and second run we either needed to run it one last time immediately or stop for the day. Taking a break for 30-40 minutes is just wasting that much more time.
Yeah Drizz, you gotta make a video or something, and it needs to go in the OP.

Uff duh

Banned
Question GAF,

Ended up with a Hezen Vengeance last night, what are the thoughts on it? I unfortunately do not have a Ghorn so my heavy slot is "open for business". Worth the energies?

Oh yeah its really good until you get the mythical Ballerhorn! Witch I don't believe it exists! haha

Strider

Also what games is DGAF splitting their time between? I know we all are getting ready for the DLC but I don't see nearly all of my friends online on Destiny anymore.

(I'm on GTA, sometime CoD, and soon Dragon Age)

A little bit of Smash Bros Wii U and Far Cry 4 for me. Both are good games. Smash being in my top 5 for the year for sure.

Red Death is broken.

I'm in love.

Isn't this gun supposed to get adjusted in the upcoming exotic patch?

LiK

Yeah I am with you. Have not beaten any games I started in the summer or even start any games I bought after destiny. Once I hit finish lvling up my titan and warlock to 30, just on the last bubble, I will prob take it easy till the new dlc.

I only completed Shadow or Mordor and CoD: AW.

Tried explaining this in a normal run before, but the guy kept double jumping so by time he landed on a platform it kept disappearing under his feet, so we just showed him the 1, 2 platform way.

I hate the 1,2 platform way. I've seen so many runs wipe from people bouncing off the wall/ledge when they land. There's just no reason to leave anything to chance, especially with the goofy collision detection in this game. If a Phalanx can melee you 1000 yards across the map, we should probably minimize any contact risk. Even when people make the jump, they often have the ! pop up above their head from taking so much damage. I hate it, haha.

If you jump on every platform do you still have to do the hard bump out jump at the end. I hate that one... if I die on the platforms section this is usually the spot where it happens.

Jumping on every platform avoids any and all hard bumps or even medium bumps, that's part of what makes it so reliable. Flawless is all about reproducibly minimizing risk.

realcZk

Damn, I need to do this. My Titan has been 32 spinmetals away from 30 for a week. Just too lazy to "git er dun".

basically, when you enter the rocketyard from the divide try to get a chest to spawn in the shack there, or in the side room where the servitor comes out of. Sometimes you can get a node of spinmetal near there too. hit the node then chest, and sparrow back to the divide until you see "THE DIVIDE" show in the bottom left of the screen, then head back and repeat. the chest/nodes will spawn in the exact same place over and over again until someone else joins your rocketyard instance, this will cause the depleted nodes/chest to "persist" and respawn elsewhere.

Greenymac

Also what games is DGAF splitting their time between? I know we all are getting ready for the DLC but I don't see nearly all of my friends online on Destiny anymore.

Ive been watching my son play Advanced Warfare and we've both been playing a bit of smash brothers on Wii U.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Enough said, this blows my mind :D Then again I may be good for a page if Gjallerhorn doesn't make it's triumphant return this week (I had only just hit 20 when he last had it and only had 6 coins :( )
I spent every one of my first 17 coins on that magnificent weapon, and it's worth all of them thrice over. My first exotic, and it remains one of my top 3 favorite items in the game.

Fingers crossed he brings it Friday. Much as I want to complete my own collection, The People Deserve Gjallarhorn.
Isn't this gun supposed to get adjusted in the upcoming exotic patch?
I will laaaaaaaugh my head off if a pulse rifle becomes the new FotM in the Crucible.

Gjallahorn hype is real. So many VoG runs with inexperienced people and they can't even take down the gatekeepers. Both hard runs yesterday, they entered the gate, two seconds later "Gatekeeper's down."

realcZk

we three manned VoG last night on normal, was fun playing the sunsinger and intentionally killing myself then self-resurrecting once my teammates were teleported. if anyone's getting somewhat bored with the VoG i recommend doing a 3 man on normal to switch things up, it's pretty easy. The hardest part was probably opening the gate lol.

also when you reach the gorgons checkpoint you can swap chars and re-loot the exotic chest over and over again till you have it on all chars

phen0m24

Gjallahorn hype is real. So many VoG runs with inexperienced people and they can't even take down the gatekeepers. Both hard runs yesterday, they entered the gate, two seconds later "Gatekeeper's down."

Just sucks when he ducks behind a pillar at the last second.

weeps over wasted HypeHorn ammo

Fistwell

Question GAF,

Was in your shoes monday night, dropped for me in the raid, was told it was good.
then gjallahorn dropped from the hard raid's class item chest yesterday ohohohoh!!!

Uff duh

Banned
I hate the 1,2 platform way. I've seen so many runs wipe from people bouncing off the wall/ledge when they land. There's just no reason to leave anything to chance, especially with the goofy collision detection in this game. If a Phalanx can melee you 1000 yards across the map, we should probably minimize any contact risk. Even when people make the jump, they often have the ! pop up above their head from taking so much damage. I hate it, haha.

Jumping on every platform avoids any and all hard bumps or even medium bumps, that's part of what makes it so reliable. Flawless is all about reproducibly minimizing risk.

You will have to show me that jump pattern. I all ways do the 2 plat method. But in my defense you haven't ever seen my die there ether. lol

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey

I just finished Bayonetta 2 (epic game, mind). Finished CoD and AC Unity SP as well, but I've got like shitload of games I need to finish. I keep playing Destiny all the time though so that isn't helping. Plus, I got so many games in November.
BxyrOoi.jpg

firehawk12

Subete no aware

The only problem with taking all the platforms is that there are fake platforms that put you at a dead end if you jump on them. You really need to practice/memorize which ones you need to jump on... whereas, I don't see how you can fail jumping down from the second/third platform. All of the jumps allow for soft landings all the time!

I'm crawling my way through Dragon Age. I shelved AC in hopes some of the bugs get patched by the time I get more time.

I just finished Bayonetta 2 (epic game, mind). Finished CoD and AC Unity SP as well, but I've got like shitload of games I need to finish. I keep playing Destiny all the time though so that isn't helping. Plus, I got so many games in November.

I respect hardcore gaming but why the dupes between platforms?

LiK

Both versions of FC4/ACU?

stb

Didn't get a chance to post it last night, but thanks to Boguester and Hawkian for the Xyor run last night.

Really glad to have the Thorn bounty over and done with.

we three manned VoG last night on normal, was fun playing the sunsinger and intentionally killing myself then self-resurrecting once my teammates were teleported. if anyone's getting somewhat bored with the VoG i recommend doing a 3 man on normal to switch things up, it's pretty easy. The hardest part was probably opening the gate lol.

also when you reach the gorgons checkpoint you can swap chars and re-loot the exotic chest over and over again till you have it on all chars

This sounds awesome. Think I'll grab some 30s who aren't cowards and give it a go. I still know 30s that refuse to grab the relic "cause the pressure"....

I am guessing the plan for the release of The Dark Below will just be part of the OTs for OG Destiny and not a new one right?

Would be a poor idea to split the community threads.

It seems that since we always go through 2 Xur visits before a new OT, number 11 should line up with the release of The Dark Below.

I spent every one of my first 17 coins on that magnificent weapon, and it's worth all of them thrice over. My first exotic, and it remains one of my top 3 favorite items in the game.

Fingers crossed he brings it Friday. Much as I want to complete my own collection, The People Deserve Gjallarhorn.

I will laaaaaaaugh my head off if a pulse rifle becomes the new FotM in the Crucible.

As much as I want Gallarhorn, I am out of town all week. I will cry if it comes this week and I can't get it.

Are our accounts cloud saved? If so I will find a ps4 to log into. Remote play isn't an option.

Bladelaw

For the platforming bit: Am I the only one who Supers across? Both my Titan and Hunter consistently are able to fly across either dancing or Supermaning across. The jumps down are easy by just timing the Triple (switch to GunSlinger)/Boost jump.

My usual method is immediately after the Templar fight to switch subclassesfrom Gunslinger/Defender to Bladedancer/Striker, go grab the chests and pass the gorgons. by the time we get to the platforms the super is ready to go. I blast across and wait while folks keep jumping. I'm not sure of a sunbro way across besides the legitimate ways already posted but with all the talk of flawless wipes occuring here I figured I'd mention it.

Strider

I am guessing the plan for the release of The Dark Below will just be part of the OTs for OG Destiny and not a new one right?

Would be a poor idea to split the community threads.

It seems that since we always go through 2 Xur visits before a new OT, number 11 should line up with the release of The Dark Below.

We wouldn't have to split them. We'd just lock this one and all move to the expansion OP. That's what most other games do when expansion time comes.

I think a lot of the posters here wanna see OT12+ though... They like the high numbers lol

I'd prefer an all new OT for the expansion though filled with all the info about Dark Below.

LordofPwn

Yeah, I really need to make a video or gif or something to show the spiral jump pattern. I just can't deal with many more flawless wipes on jumps like that, its the absolute worst (and most common) way to wipe runs. After wiping on the jumps first and second run we either needed to run it one last time immediately or stop for the day. Taking a break for 30-40 minutes is just wasting that much more time.

I would really appreciate knowing about this spiral. I currently have no idea what people mean when they talk about the spiral jump.

First part of this video from the flawless raid tips:
Spiral Jumps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom