• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT11| It goes up to 11!

Status
Not open for further replies.

hydruxo

I just don't see it happening.

I think it's bullshit if they make the Heroic raid have artificial difficulty by giving you a permanent 34% damage reduction and damage increase.

But hey, I've seen Bungie make some bad decisions before.

Yeah I think it'd be a dumb decision if that's the case.

realcZk

I think it's bullshit if they make the Heroic raid have artificial difficulty by giving you a permanent 34% damage reduction and damage increase.

Well, weapon damage goes up to 331 now so you shouldn't have as MUCH damage reduction as 34% (?), but would definitely take more damage. Also some raid weapons do "increase damage against hive" to help narrow the gap there.

Don't you have to go through the store to purchase anyways though? Even if the stuff is already on-disc/downloaded there has to be some kind of activation through the PS store, right?
Right, and that was just the compatibility data. New items and areas that non-DLC people can see. The store download on launch day will include cinematics and other stuff too.

Strider

I will say DestinyDB isn't very accurate from my experience though. I know for a fact my raid stats aren't correct.

They also have a level 31 VoG listed on their site which as of this moment doesn't exist. So while level 33 enemies in Crota's End are possible and I hope they are there... DestinyDB isn't a good source for evidence IMO.

TP-DK

Nice, you guys definitely got very lucky there. Besides the jumping section that part is the most confusing for many.

He teleported no one for two runs before correcting when I did it.

Yeah on of our test runs, he didn't teleport anyone the first two times, then teleported one guy, and after that teleported two.

Amazing that Bungie haven't fixed any of the raid glitches after such a long time.

Deku Tree

I will say DestinyDB isn't very accurate from my experience though. I know for a fact my raid stats aren't correct.

They also have a level 31 VoG listed on their site which as of this moment doesn't exist. So while level 33 enemies in Crota's End are possible and I hope they are there... DestinyDB isn't a good source for evidence IMO.

Level 34 hard CE raid then?

rNilla

Thanks, we had no glitches, Atheon was kind to us and teleported us to Mars (even though it isn't Mars but actually Venus, but you know what I mean) all three times, and even with the same 3 players.

One of the best Atheon runs I've experienced. We could have probably done it in two teleports, but we played it safe and made sure there were no harpies anywhere near us.

Wow. We only had one person teleported and then two people the next two times. Luckily we were well prepared for that nonsense.

Here we are at our flawless run. After many tries we all finally made it over the jumping section in one piece.

All our hands were sweaty so we decided to chill for a few minutes before conquering the gatekeepers and Atheon.

I could have taken a third pic at us when one of us died at the Atheon phase, but it would just be filled with tears.

Luckily we got the flawless the next day. Proof of my guardian coolnes:

I took a screenshot in the same spot!

destiny_20141129223635he0g.jpg

And the magic moment the next day:

Congrats. How did the Atheon teleporting glitches treat you lot?

Surprisngly good, we got all left portal teleports, and always at least two people. Couldn't have asked for a better run, really.

purg3

slept with Malkin
lol.
I do think though with all the cheese in VoG it made Bungie take a closer look at the mechanics in the Crota raid. I'm betting the crota raid will be much more difficult because of it.

I'm thinking they will kick it up a few gears too. Especially with how quickly VoG was dismantled by people. Can't wait. I'm still betting that it will be cleared on day one though.

At least you can look yourself up on it. For some dumb reason for the past month whenever I try to view my PSN account I get an error.

Zakalwe

Banned
Unless there actually is some info regarding this, the new raid will almost certainly be:

Normal 28
Hard 32

Not logical to consider anything else unless I've missed something?

realcZk

Unless there actually is some info regarding this, the new raid will almost certainly be:

Normal 28
Hard 32

It was confirmed that normal starts at 30, and light level 31 gear will be obtainable through a non-rng way to get lower level characters in the door.

Normal 28
Hard 32

Bungie has tweeted about it starting at 30. Luke Smith, a user here that works over at bungie confirmed it as well.

Lima

Normal 28
Hard 32

The new 331 attack rating and DrCrispy point to Lvl 33. Especially the 331 attack rating which allows you to do full damage to lvl 33 enemies just wouldn't make sense otherwise. I'd say there is a pretty high chance it's correct.

Zakalwe

Banned
Why would they make it that way though? Raise the artificial difficulty?

Raid completion levels are still very low according to the trophy database, not sure why they'd want to do that.

Trakan

The new 331 attack rating and DrCrispy point to Lvl 33. Especially the 331 attack rating which allows you to do full damage to lvl 33 enemies just wouldn't make sense otherwise. I'd say there is a pretty high chance it's correct.

You don't do full damage to level 30 enemies with 300 attack at 29 do you?

Lima

Raid completion levels are still very low according to the trophy database, not sure why they'd want to do that.

The hard raid is a completely different beast. It's not intended to be super easy or completed with ease in 40 minutes every week like what we have now.

Bizazedo

They shouldn't want to, but their marketing really grabbed on to that "So hard, OMG" raid idea.

The real question, though.....are raid completion levels low due to difficulty in getting raid groups or actual raid difficulty?

The only reason the raids are hard, at all, were glitches and the artificial bullshit of level 29 versus a level 30 damage reduction, etc.

X-Frame

You don't do full damage to level 30 enemies with 300 attack at 29 do you?

A 29 with maxed 300 Attack weapons does 13% less damage to Level 30 enemies than a Level 30 with fresh non-upgraded 248 Attack weapon.

The testing was done in the VoG with a VoC scout rifle, and I saw it on the Destiny sub-reddit.

What: 3x3x3x0

When: Tuesday 4 am EST, on the dot!

Who:

1.) Me
2.) Steroyd
3.) Mattiator
4.) iRawr
5.) Casmith (confirm?)
6.) YzenUp (confirm?)

Why: To celebrate VoG in its last week of relevancy

Where: Each of us will remain in our respective homes

How: With mad skillz

Mindlog

I like it.
Post Atheon cheese my all 29 clears were some of the most memorable runs.

Level 30 is a crutch. ME3MP, tsup.

Deku Tree

A 29 with maxed 300 Attack weapons does 13% less damage to Level 30 enemies than a Level 30 with fresh non-upgraded 248 Attack weapon.

The testing was done in the VoG with a VoC scout rifle, and I saw it on the Destiny sub-reddit.

What about a 29 with maxed 300 attack vs a 30 with maxed 300 attack?

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
The hard raid is a completely different beast. It's not intended to be super easy or completed with ease in 40 minutes every week like what we have now.

In nearly every MMO, even hard modes get "on farm" at some point as players improve/gear improves.

zewone

I like it.
Post Atheon cheese my all 29 clears were some of the most memorable runs.

Level 30 is a crutch. ME3MP, tsup.

Level 30 may be a crutch for terrible players (I've played with a ton of bad 30's), but 30 also lets you beat the content quicker, which is great for something you're going to be completing multiple times, over and over.

Level 30 doesn't suddenly make a crappy player any better.

Deku Tree

I just watched a YouTube video that @DattosDestiny put out. The guy basically summarized all of the info that we gathered in this topic lolz.

Zakalwe

Banned
yeah its great that they went with 30 as normal and 32 or 33 as hard. I think I prefer hard at 33 just to make it really difficult :)

That's not good difficulty though, it's artificial difficulty via bullet sponges.

Unless they have some kind of trick, this isn't a fun way to make it harder.

I need to do something else. Day off from studying so I am going to go play myself some Persona Q. Hopefully the next time I check those notes are up

EL CUCO

That's not good difficulty though, it's artificial difficulty via bullet sponges.

Unless they have some kind of trick, this isn't a fun way to make it harder.

I can already imagine those Hallowed Knights in the Raid eating bullets for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom