• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT11| It goes up to 11!

Status
Not open for further replies.

k1t4j

OMG, did you guys see the Bungie twitter pic?

The Vex and Bad JuJu are in a pic they posted.

Hype is raising!!!

Unfortunately I don't know that line. Care to shed some light?

During The World's Grave mission on the moon, Dinklebot says something along the lines of "We're approaching the grave. The world's grave, not ours."

Its supposed to be... funny?.... I guess... but its just super cringe worthy.

realcZk

So them posting that picture again makes me think those are the only ones getting tweaked. I hope they're smart enough to figure out a way to buff/nerf things differently for PVE/PVP content. There's no reason Pocket Infinity shouldn't go back to 8 rounds for PVE and Suros should probably get its damage back for PVE.

That's one thing they are working on. The Thorn buff today for instance, will give Thorn more DoT damage in PvE but keep PvP how it was pre nerf (should be a 7 dmg tick again).

winner winner.

Dinklebot: This should lead us to the grave.....the worlds grave not ours.

LOL

"This will lead us straight to the grave! ....the world's grave, not ours"

During The World's Grave mission on the moon, Dinklebot says something along the lines of "We're approaching the grave. The world's grave, not ours."

Aah haha yes, now I remember. Even worse than "That wizard came from the moon"

Unfortunately I don't know that line. Care to shed some light?

During the "The World's Grave" mission Dinklebot has this line "....the world's grave...not ours" it is indeed a candidate for worst line as the delivery is as leaden as the writing. I'm still rating "I don't even have time to tell you why I don't have time to tell you" as higher on the awful scale just for the utter contempt for story telling that it conveys.

hydruxo

I got a giggle out of it the first time I did the mission, not gonna lie

But mostly because it's such a bad line lol

DJ88

They can do anything they want as long as they don't touch my Last Word or Ballerhorn. Unless they're buffs of course.

E92 M3

At this point I am not expecting a vault size increase, but still believe it's coming with the expansion. They have to give us more space when push comes to shove.

Make it Life Changing Advice

I'm just worried that it will eventually catch on and the exotic perk will one day be nerfed and that's what makes the gun so damn unique

I was playing Control a couple of days ago with 2 of my friends and we all had Super Good Advice while we were sitting on point B on Blind Watch. Anytime anyone got close to the doors or the stairs leading up to B we would just unload bullet hell for about 20-30 seconds and there was nothing anyone could do about it. It really is quite unfair, but not many folk realize it since no one uses the gun.

Y'all are pretty harsh on this stuff. It wasn't hilarious or delivered flawlessly...but it was kinda funny and meant to lighten the mood a little. I chuckled and moved on.

It's up!

http://www.bungie.net/en/News/News?aid=12433

Weapons

Exotics
Exotic Weapons are designed to look, feel, and sound overpowered. At the same time, they are not supposed to break the balance of the game. We hope these weapons challenge the way players think about their loadouts. Exotics will be a constant work in-progress!

General

• In preparation for the Dark Below, Exotic Armor and Weapons no longer require Ascendant Materials to upgrade
  • The final upgrade node of all Exotic Gear will require an Exotic Shard
  • Exotic Shards can be obtained by one of the following means:
  • Dismantling unwanted Exotics
  • Purchased from Xur for 7 Strange Coins
  • Exotics now start at a higher base Attack value and have a narrowed upgrade range to compensate

Thorn

• Projectiles now briefly highlight targets on impact
  • Mark of the Devourer DoT (damage-over-time) upgrade increased against PvE enemy targets
  • Reload Speed increased
  • Magazine Size increased
  • Ammo inventory size increased
  • Stability and Weapon Handling increased
Bad Juju

• Magazine Size increased to 8 bursts (was 5)
  • Ammo inventory size increased
  • String of Curses now also decreases the cooldown of your Super on kill
  • Adjusted effects to not block first person reticle
Hard Light

• Stability increased
  • Perfect Balance upgrade replaced by Fitted Stock (increases maximum possible weapon Stability)
Suros Regime

• Lowered total damage at the end of the mag on SUROS Regime upgrade to be more in line with the Glass Half Full perk on Legendary Auto Rifles

Monte Carlo

• Stability increased
  • Range slightly decreased
  • Monte Carlo Method upgrade now also has a chance to fully charge melee ability on kill
MIDA Multi-Tool

• MIDA rounds now have increased knockback against targets in both PvE and PvP

Hawkmoon

• Send It upgrade (which was redundant) replaced by Speed Reload

Red Death
  • Rate of Fire increased slightly, but Burst Damage reduced to compensate

Plan C

• Weapon Handling speed increased
  • Player Speed increased while Plan C is in hand
Pocket Infinity

• Speed Reload upgrade replaced by Extended Clip which allows the option to increase magazine size (5 bursts)

Vex Mythoclast

• Attack Power increased to 323 (from 300)
  • Base Damage increased, fixing bug we introduced in previous patch
  • Enhanced Battery upgrade by Extended Mag (this change still allows for a significant upgrade to Magazine Size, but less than before)

Invective

• Reload Speed increased significantly, auto fires slightly slower
Ice Breaker

• Send It upgrade replaced by Lightweight (which was redundant as Icebreaker already had maximum range)
  • New effects for enemies killed by Ice Breaker upgrade

Patience and Time
  • Snapshot upgrade replaced by Custom Optics (provides a lower zoom option)

Super Good Advice

• Stability increased

Truth
  • Magazine Size increased to 3 (was 1)

Activities

Raid
  • Fixed an issue we introduced in a previous patch, in which Atheon did not correctly send 3 players through the time gates
  • Fixed an exploit where the Templar could be forced off its platform

Daily Heroic Story

• Destination Materials now drop from completing the Daily Heroic

Bounties
  • Removed the ‘Relic Hunter’ Bounty
  • Destination Materials now drop from completing the Daily Patrol Bounty

Vendors

• Reduced Cryptarch reputation gain from Engrams, but reputation reward packages now have an increased chance for Legendary Engrams
  • Players will now be able to use Vanguard Marks and Crucible Marks to purchase Spinmetal, Relic Iron, Spirit Bloom, and Helium Filaments from the Vanguard and Crucible Quartermasters in the Tower
  • Xur now sells a new material, Exotic Shards, to upgrade the final node of Exotics for 7 Strange Coins
  • Faction Class Items (ex: FWC Cloak, Dead Orbit Mark, etc.) are now replaced by Faction Emblems in the rank-up reward packages from Faction Vendors

Technical

Networking fixes, which should reduce the instance of the Bee family of KTOs
Fixed an issue in which using Xbox One party chat induced a slower frame rate

zewone

Y'all are pretty harsh on this stuff. It wasn't hilarious or delivered flawlessly...but it was kinda funny and meant to lighten the mood a little. I chuckled and moved on.

It was terrible.

I feel the same about: "Not to unsettle you, but I'm tracking the Sword by the Light of the Guardians it's killed. ."

:|

X-Frame

I'm just worried that it will eventually catch on and the exotic perk will one day be nerfed and that's what makes the gun so damn unique

I was playing Control a couple of days ago with 2 of my friends and we all had Super Good Advice while we were sitting on point B on Blind Watch. Anytime anyone got close to the doors or the stairs leading up to B we would just unload bullet hell for about 20-30 seconds and there was nothing anyone could do about it. It really is quite unfair, but not many folk realize it since no one uses the gun.

Sounds like what Valus Ta'aurc does to us!

DJ88

Wouldn't this play out the same with you and your friends all using Thunderlord, or most legendary HMG's for that matter?

Deku Tree

Considering that it is a PS exclusive weapon, likely best to not put it in the picture. Old wounds you know.

Bungie seems to always (that I have seen) pretend that the PS exclusive content does not exist. The only place you hear about it is on the PS blog and news outlets. You never see the PS exclusive content mentioned anywhere in anything that Bungie or Activision produces themselves.

Hyun Sai

So, I think the Suros will be effectively useless in PVE if they nerf it, as for now it's just slightly better than some legendaries for the cost of an exotic slot.

Game writing delivered by serious A list star power is serious business.

Still the worst line ever delivered is the

"I don't even have time to tell you why I don't have time."

Strider

It's UUUUUUUUPPP. Monte Carlo tweaks! Hell Yes!

Idk if it needed a range reduction though but fuck it I'm testing that gun out first.

In preparation for the Dark Below, Exotic Armor and Weapons no longer require Ascendant Materials to upgrade

O_O holy shit

I was hoping we would get these changes before The Dark Below. Hate to be going into new content with the same lame farming.

I know some things are being fixed in the raid. Templar cheese is going away as well as at least one of the atheon teleport bugs. I think changes are coming to Bad JuJu, Monte Carlo, Thorn. Probably other stuff as well.

Ourobolus

Banned
Thorn
Projectiles now briefly highlight targets on impact
Mark of the Devourer DoT (damage-over-time) upgrade increased against PvE enemy targets
Reload Speed increased
Magazine Size increased
Ammo inventory size increased
Stability and Weapon Handling increased
Bad Juju
Magazine Size increased to 8 bursts (was 5)
Ammo inventory size increased
String of Curses now also decreases the cooldown of your Super on kill
Adjusted effects to not block first person reticle
HELL YEAH

Player Speed increased while Plan C is in hand
Oh damn, Now I'm really happy I bought this.

Truth
Magazine Size increased to 3 (was 1)
This was the one thing that was stopping me from using Truth. Awesome.

Bungie seems to always (that I have seen) pretend that the PS exclusive content does not exist. The only place you hear about it is on the PS blog and news outlets. You never see the PS exclusive content mentioned anywhere in anything that Bungie or Activision produces themselves.

Thats because they know they are assholes for doing it. A large portion of their players pay the same price for missing content. Blunder of 2014. Of course no one will learn from this and it will continue to happen.

DJ88

In preparation for the Dark Below, Exotic Armor and Weapons no longer require Ascendant Materials to upgrade
The final upgrade node of all Exotic Gear will require an Exotic Shard
Exotic Shards can be obtained by one of the following means:
Dismantling unwanted Exotics
Purchased from Xur for 7 Strange Coins
Exotics now start at a higher base Attack value and have a narrowed upgrade range to compensate

Wut.

Wouldn't this play out the same with you and your friends all using Thunderlord, or most legendary HMG's for that matter?

Super Good Advice returns ammo to the gun if you miss shots, so no. I am saying that you can unload for literally a minute or longer if you have a full clip. There is no other gun you can do this with.

Deku Tree

Templar cheese gone. Flawless raiders need to do it again IMO. Although maybe Atheon is easier without the bugs. Hope the bugs are all gone... Wonder if you can still push the Templar off sideways?

I'm still rating "I don't even have time to tell you why I don't have time to tell you" as higher on the awful scale just for the utter contempt for story telling that it conveys.

True. Those could be 1a and 1b for "worst line."

I don't think its harsh to say that line is bad. A big part of the problem is the vague, generic terminology about stuff like "The Darkness" etc. Wth is "the world's grave" anyway? It just sounds so silly to begin with, and then that line....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom