• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT11| It goes up to 11!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just went over some of the Eris bounties again and she has bounties where you have to kill enemies with shoulder charge, throwing knife and arc blade etc. and none for warlocks? So as a Warlock I just can't do those and don't get my "own"? cool bungie keep on hating us warlocks
Where are you seeing Eris bounties?

Daemul

People who have gotten everything from the VoG, do you bother with playing through the entire Raid, or do you just do the Atheon fight and call it quits?

Strider

Just went over some of the Eris bounties again and she has bounties where you have to kill enemies with shoulder charge, throwing knife and arc blade etc. and none for warlocks? So as a Warlock I just can't do those and don't get my "own"? cool bungie keep on hating us warlocks

If there's class specific bounties there will def be some for Warlocks too. Probably haven't been patched in yet.

I expect the patch today to be really large to add in a lot of the expansion content. Just like the last one was 2+ GB because it added some expansion content.

They are class-specific. Warlock bounties haven't been mined by destinydb yet.

blazeuk

Bad Juju bounty finally done! (the worst one out of all them I've done so far). My vault has gained a new weapon given all the talk of how rubbish it is.

People who have gotten everything from the VoG, do you bother with playing through the entire Raid, or do you just do the Atheon fight and call it quits?

I play the entire raid cause its still fun. Sure I cant get shit that I dont have, but there is always that chance of random exotic drop. Raid and nightfall is the only thing left that I find fun with destiny.

Crotas end cant come soon enough!

spyder_ur

Normal CE raid will b much easier at 29 than VoG hard at 29 because revive...

OK...I have never even done the hard mode raid, primarily because I'm only 29, 30s are obviously preferred, and I don't want to be an annoyance to my team. It's just frustrating that's gonna repeat itself again, when I have played the game a ton and gotten 3 characters to the max level the game has allowed me. I was sure the raid would be 28 or 29 to include those people.

I'll see how it plays out, but I have a feeling the 30s will group up together here and I'll miss out on seeing the raid the first day. Maybe the grind to 30 won't be too bad, but if it anything like grinding rep and marks (which I expect) I'll be majorly bummed.

E92 M3

Well, you should have over 50 or 100 shards by now unless (and if you're doing this, it's understandable) you're slowly trying to get three dudes to 30. I haven't run a story mission for Ascendant material / public event in two to three weeks and still have 50 shards. And that's after having three different helmets, two arms, and two chests, and two boots maxed out for level 30 gear configurations based on stats for my Titan.

I have hundreds of ascended materials, but it still doesn't mean I want to waste them. It'll be nice to get 60% back or so, but 3 is just laughable. Also, it will promote experimentation for people that don't have many.

The new Raid can't come soon enough, I will always play VoG because it is so damn fun, and hopefully the new gear needs the same mats and VoG is great for mats and possible exotic drops. It would be great if the new exotics that everyone will get (whether or not you buy The Dark Below) dropped in VoG as well.

Most importantly, the VoG exclusive loot is drying up for me. This was my first week running all 3 of my characters through VoG and getting nothing new.

Last week I got Hezen Vengeance, and this week nothing. I have all the raid armour for all 3 classes, all the ships/sparrow, and every weapon EXCEPT for the damn Vex and Pradeath's Timepiece. It will be many weeks before I get either of those since the percentage chance of getting them is so low.

EL CUCO

If we can get an Oracle CP, we start from there. If not, it's no big deal to start from beginning since the Raid is fun and I love hearing Vex squirm. Gorgon chest still has a chance to drop an exotic.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!

I stopped doing the raid weeks ago. No point once you get what you want.

The new Raid can't come soon enough, I will always play VoG because it is so damn fun, and hopefully the new gear needs the same mats and VoG is great for mats and possible exotic drops.

Doubt it will..

I read somewhere that there is new materials for upgrading crotas armor. They could be wrong I guess.

phen0m24

Any luck contacting Sony about your cracked Elites?

Congrats on the Vex!

Hey thanks Byron - did you guys get your Atheon clear eventually?

I'm going to call Sony tonight and insist that's a design flaw and not wear and tear. When I bought them people said "They crack at the circles" so I'll push hard.

(hopes for the best)

(Vex) Thanks - While it is another weapon to level, it is a glorious one at that. Coy and I were running around the moon last night and it was fun vaporizing dregs.

Trakan

Nah, the best weapon in the game should be something we worked hard for, not a symbol of RNG, luck and cheese, that's all the Mythoclast is currently.

I got one from cheesing but the other 4 are legit.

Well, I won't disagree with you there. I wasn't trying to argue one way over the other, just putting my thoughts out there. The Ice Breaker is a great example of a good exotic, being "flat-out better" than any other sniper in the game, even the raid sniper in my opinion. The ability to regenerate ammo and it's hard hitting rounds outshine the RoF and low recoil of the Praedyth's for most PvE content.

Yeah I'd even be fine with exotics having a place in either PVE or PVP. Like the Icebreaker and Gjallarhorn are really PVE exotics. I have no problem with that. The Last Word is a PVP exotic. That's fine too.

zewone

I do the raid until Gorgons Maze. From there, I'll change characters and make a checkpoint so all 3 of my characters can open the Exotic chest there.

Then, I'll either do Gatekeepers/Atheon or just Atheon if someone has a checkpoint, again, just for the chance at the exotics.

realcZk

I do the raid until Gorgons Maze. From there, I'll change characters and make a checkpoint so all 3 of my characters can open the Exotic chest there.

Then, I'll either do Gatekeepers/Atheon or just Atheon if someone has a checkpoint, again, just for the chance at the exotics.

I've done that but have you ever gotten anything but shards on your other two characters when doing that? I've done it twice now and I've only seen shards/energy but the character that has done the raid up to that point has gotten exotics a few times. Not sure if luck or coincidence.

Doubt it will..

I read somewhere that there is new materials for upgrading crotas armor. They could be wrong I guess.

Well there are weapons that everyone will be getting, so it isn't impossible that they may add it to the exotic loot rolls. Would be nice to keep VoG relevant.

I got what I wanted (30 gear on all three chars, weapons), but I still do it in hopes that the gorgon chest or atheon will drop me that hawkmoon or ballerhorn ;___;

And because you have heart and want to help others through as well...

I have a group of maxed out guys I raided with that just picked me as a random because they saw my gear was not up to snuff so they ran me through...

There are those out there that have heart and help the lesser folks out.

realcZk

I'm going to call Sony tonight and insist that's a design flaw and not wear and tear. When I bought them people said "They crack at the circles" so I'll push hard.

(hopes for the best)

(Vex) Thanks - While it is another weapon to level, it is a glorious one at that. Coy and I were running around the moon last night and it was fun vaporizing dregs.

I was thinking about getting those, how many times did you have to sit on them or throw them at your TV before they broke? If its only 3-5 times, I might pass. On a serious note, are they really prone to cracking like that? Might discourage me from the purchase.

Lima

Ha back Wax Idols will finally have some use. I will laugh so much that my friend who just used them because he didn't want them in his inventory will cry.

(hopes for the best)

Indeed! KoruptData and his friend were able to get their first Hard Atheon clear! I believe one of them got the helmet as well!

I got nothing new :(

Good luck getting those Elites replaced!

zewone

I've done that but have you ever gotten anything but shards on your other two characters when doing that? I've done it twice now and I've only seen shards/energy but the character that has done the raid up to that point has gotten exotics a few times. Not sure if luck or coincidence.

I got a Gjallarhorn on my 3rd character doing this method.

realcZk

I got a Gjallarhorn on my 3rd character doing this method.

That's awesome to hear that it's possible to roll exotics on chars that you join in on the checkpoint. My friend and I have been doing this the last two times and again, we never got anything but shards on our other 2 chars but have gotten exotics on the first characters that were in the raid up to the checkpoint.

Hyun Sai

I got one from cheesing but the other 4 are legit.
Yes, but many many people who did as many raids as you still don't have it, so in the end, it's still pure luck.

What I mean is, if there must be a BEST weapon in the game, it should be rewarded, for exemple, to Flawless raiders. This, I can agree with. Not to people who got Gjallahorn afking a PVP match.

Greenymac

So, serious question guys, does the DLC come out same as PS store update next Tuesday? If so, I need to take Wednesday off. If it comes out earlier, i'll take Tuesday off. real World problems yall...Gotta get them priorities in line...

Trakan

Yes, but many many people who did as many raids as you still don't have it, so in the end, it's still pure luck.

What I mean is, if there must be a BEST weapon in the game, it should be rewarded, for exemple, to Flawless raiders. This, I can agree with. Not to people who got Gjallahorn afking a PVP match.

I get what you're saying now. I'm in complete agreement, though that's not how it works.

phen0m24

I was thinking about getting those, how many times did you have to sit on them or throw them at your TV before they broke? If its only 3-5 times, I might pass. On a serious note, are they really prone to cracking like that? Might discourage me from the purchase.

Real, I'm not going to lie - I
REALLY
like them. They have the option on the side to turn game volume down and voices up. They are wireless and comfortable. I use them with my PC sometimes too. (Just plug the adapter in a USB port and away we go)

But at the frame right above the earcups is a metal circle with a plastic ring underneath that holds the cups on. That's where they are supposedly prone to cracking, and sure enough - add mine to the list. :(

As far as sittings or tosses - I've had mine for about 8 months.

LordofPwn

I actually plan on being up for the reset tomorrow morning, and i'll have 3.5 hours before i have to head to the hospital. any chance i could get through 3 hard raids and 3 nightfalls in that time? and any team willing to have me for such a challenge?

TP-DK

Here we are at our flawless run. After many tries we all finally made it over the jumping section in one piece.
JcAfXSI.jpg

All our hands were sweaty so we decided to chill for a few minutes before conquering the gatekeepers and Atheon.

I could have taken a third pic at us when one of us died at the Atheon phase, but it would just be filled with tears.

Luckily we got the flawless the next day. Proof of my guardian coolnes:

So, serious question guys, does the DLC come out same as PS store update next Tuesday? If so, I need to take Wednesday off. If it comes out earlier, i'll take Tuesday off. real World problems yall...Gotta get them priorities in line...

I am hoping we get these answers today or from the Weekly Update. Hoping it goes live when it is 12am wherever you might be in the world. Destiny was a 3am EST digital release, I hope it is not the same for The Dark Below.

I doubt it will go live with the PSN Store, I can guarantee that.

Tuesday off!

X-Frame

Imagine if everyone stopped doing the Raid before you got what you wanted.

Go and help other people!

My fear! Since I just hit 30 recently I want all the Hard Mode goodies and hope that people are still doing VoG on both difficulties come Crota's End and beyond.

I do believe there has been a recent surge of 30's though thanks to IB so that is good.

LordofPwn

Here we are at our flawless run. After many tries we all finally made it over the jumping section in one piece.

All our hands were sweaty so we decided to chill for a few minutes before conquering the gatekeepers and Atheon.

I could have taken a third pic at us when one of us died at the Atheon phase, but it would just be filled with tears.

Luckily we got the flawless the next day. Proof of my guardian coolnes:

Congrats! *chants "one of us"*

Lima

I am hoping we get these answers today or from the Weekly Update. Hoping it goes live when it is 12am wherever you might be in the world. Destiny was a 3am EST digital release, I hope it is not the same for The Dark Below.

I doubt it will go live with the PSN Store, I can guarantee that.

Tuesday off!

And I can pretty much guarantee you that as with all other DLC it will go live with the store update. Remember you still have to download shit.

spyder_ur

I actually plan on being up for the reset tomorrow morning, and i'll have 3.5 hours before i have to head to the hospital. any chance i could get through 3 hard raids and 3 nightfalls in that time? and any team willing to have me for such a challenge?

Whats the rush? What will you do in game the rest of the week?

I prefer to space my activities around a bit, to each their own.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom