• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT11| It goes up to 11!

Status
Not open for further replies.
And I can pretty much guarantee you that as with all other DLC it will go live with the store update. Remember you still have to download shit.

The last 2.5GB patch was mainly The Dark Below content, that's how we learned about all the new weapons, mats, bounties, etc. Mining the data from the patch.

Today's patch will likely be just as big, so when The Dark Below goes live, it will likely be a minimal download.

I highly doubt they will wait for the store update. We will know sometime this week! Either today or Thursday.

I read it wrong for some reason, I thought it said "know."

*shrugs* sorry

If not a boss I am sure some part of it or more will be cheesable.

Just like VoG however, I will do my first few runs without cheese for the real experience, then cheese just to get it done.

spyder_ur

The last 2.5GB patch was mainly The Dark Below content, that's how we learned about all the new weapons, mats, bounties, etc. Mining the data from the patch.

Today's patch will likely be just as big, so when The Dark Below goes live, it will likely be a minimal download.

I highly doubt they will wait for the store update. We will know sometime this week! Either today or Thursday.

Don't you have to go through the store to purchase anyways though? Even if the stuff is already on-disc/downloaded there has to be some kind of activation through the PS store, right?

LordofPwn

Whats the rush? What will you do in game the rest of the week?

I prefer to space my activities around a bit, to each their own.

I typically do as well, but seeing how i most likely won't be able to sleep for most of the night, and may be in and out of the hospital and or working late most of the week, i may not be on that much this week to get everything done.

Don't you have to go through the store to purchase anyways though? Even if the stuff is already on-disc/downloaded there has to be some kind of activation through the PS store, right?

Of course, but you can already buy the expansion via the expansion pass. Likely will be a minimal download or none at all for those with the patches and the pass already.

UPDATE IS LIVE!

...for the companion app. fixes PSN friends list, adds back the vault and total playtime :)

Awesome! I am sure the big patch will go live anytime now.

Lima

Yes you need to so you will need to download an unlock key. Something that doesn't go live until the store update. Like seriously this is not the first season pass, we know how they work now.

spyder_ur

Of course, but you can already buy the expansion via the expansion pass. Likely will be a minimal download or none at all for those with the patches and the pass already.

Hmm, haven't ever bought that many season passes (just TWD and Bioshock I think) but it always tied back to PSN - I would imagine there would have to be some kind of check there. But I could be totally wrong.

LordofPwn

I love bungie.
Photo%20Dec%2001%2C%2011%2005%2013%20AM.png

TP-DK

Congrats. How did the Atheon teleporting glitches treat you lot?

Thanks, we had no glitches, Atheon was kind to us and teleported us to Mars (even though it isn't Mars but actually Venus, but you know what I mean) all three times, and even with the same 3 players.

One of the best Atheon runs I've experienced. We could have probably done it in two teleports, but we played it safe and made sure there were no harpies anywhere near us.

Namikaze1

All my Guardians are set to kick Crota's ass. Well, technically I still have to finish upgrading my Hunter's raid helm but it is still set for 30.

I really hope the update hits soon. My playtime window is 12:00 to 2:00, downloading and installing a patch is not how I want to spend it.

Maybe that will force me to play another game!

Thanks, we had no glitches, Atheon was kind to us and teleported us to Mars (even though it isn't Mars but actually Venus, but you know what I mean) all three times, and even with the same 3 players.

One of the best Atheon runs I've experienced. We could have probably done it in two teleports, but we played it safe and made sure there were no harpies anywhere near us.

Nice, you guys definitely got very lucky there. Besides the jumping section that part is the most confusing for many.

He teleported no one for two runs before correcting when I did it.

Indeed! KoruptData and his friend were able to get their first Hard Atheon clear! I believe one of them got the helmet as well!

I got nothing new :(

Good luck getting those Elites replaced!

Thanks for joining up. All I got was shards and the ship but I still feel satisfied. I'm a PvP guy so to take on the hardest PvE content in the game was quite satisfying.

Strider

Yeah there's no way hard raid is 33.

Why not? VoG is easy at the current max level of 30. More of a challenge for the next raid would be cool.

I also said there was no way the the new raid would start at 30. I was confident and I turned out wrong. It's possible.

zewone

Why not?
They already surprised us by making normal lvl 30.

I just don't see it happening.

I think it's bullshit if they make the Heroic raid have artificial difficulty by giving you a permanent 34% damage reduction and damage increase.

But hey, I've seen Bungie make some bad decisions before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom