• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT11| It goes up to 11!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope (in the face of logic) that all of those exotics are getting buffs.

It would be nice if Super Good Advice became usable.

Also, no Monte Carlo in that picture makes me sad.

Ambitious

Looking for five Europeans to attempt the new raid completely blind on Friday 12th

With the release of the DLC being so close now, I'd like to find a raid group in advance that would try it 100% blind with me.

However, I won't be at home next week until Friday. So, my first opportunity for the raid would be Friday evening. That's 19pm CET or later (UTC +1). I'm hoping to find five other players who are either willing to wait until Friday and avoid all spoilers, or like me, can't play earlier anyway.

Of course you don't have to be European, but 19pm here is between 10am and 1pm in the US, so presumably most of you will be at work then.

I really, really hope there are more exotics being tweaked than the ones in that picture...

But new farming mats economy is still #1 on my wanted list. Still optimistic that it will hit before the expansion, even if its (apparently) not in the update today.

Is that soon?

an hour and 15 min from now

Shito

Ok, patch should drop on my way back from work.
I expect hype, impatience, joice, doom and gloom over nerfs, 95% of said nerfs getting debunked, "meh" from this thread by the time I get home! :)

So them posting that picture again makes me think those are the only ones getting tweaked. I hope they're smart enough to figure out a way to buff/nerf things differently for PVE/PVP content. There's no reason Pocket Infinity shouldn't go back to 8 rounds for PVE and Suros should probably get its damage back for PVE.

I doubt they'll change perks separately between PvP and PvE. It's probs gonna be a change to decrease charge time and impact. (Complete guessing)

patchday

Have they announced any changes to the awful RNG system for the new raid? I cant see myself buying the new DLC for the raid if RNG will remain in its current, frustrating format, Was watching a good buddy play World of Warcraft last night. They get raid tokens and matchmaking for all of their groups. Plus, he told me you can gift items that drop in those dungeons to your groupmates for like 2 hours.

I told him about how Destiny is setup and he freaked out. Made me realize Destiny truly has a lot of work it needs to do. Smart of Activision not to bring it over to PC in its' current form. Can't see experienced MMO players like my friend being happy dealing with 100% RNG for drops

Glad I switched from Suros to Last Word/Hawkmoon. Besides the exotics the patch should do a better job of separating PVP and PVE. Auto rifles need their mojo back for PVE.

Deku Tree

Looking for five Europeans to attempt the new raid completely blind on Friday 12th

With the release of the DLC being so close now, I'd like to find a raid group in advance that would try it 100% blind with me.

However, I won't be at home next week until Friday. So, my first opportunity for the raid would be Friday evening. That's 19pm CET or later (UTC +1). I'm hoping to find five other players who are either willing to wait until Friday and avoid all spoilers, or like me, can't play earlier anyway.

Of course you don't have to be European, but 19pm here is between 10am and 1pm in the US, so presumably most of you will be at work then.

Gonna be hard to go in blind on the 12th. Better leave the Internet for a few days.

I really, really hope there are more exotics being tweaked than the ones in that picture...

But new farming mats economy is still #1 on my wanted list. Still optimistic that it will hit before the expansion, even if its (apparently) not in the update today.

I don't think that tweet means Exotics tuning is the only think in the update for certain.

an hour and 15 min from now

OMG! This!

I have a whole bunch of exotics and legendaries with the green circles filled out and the only thing stopping me now is mats. Just so bloody grindy collecting them.

I don't think that tweet means Exotics tuning is the only think in the update for certain.

True, shouldn't jump the gun quite yet although it would be silly of them to not mention it in that tweet.

OMG! This!

I have a whole bunch of exotics and legendaries with the green circles filled out and the only thing stopping me now is mats. Just so bloody grindy collecting them.

Yep, I will max out so many weapons, especially exotics, once the new mats economy hits. XP, energy, and "weapon parts" are a total non-issue at this point.

Steroyd

What: 3x3x3x0

When: Tuesday 4 am EST, on the dot!

Who:

1.) Me
2.) Steroyd
3.) Mattiator
4.) iRawr
5.) Casmith (confirm?)
6.) YzenUp (confirm?)

Why: To celebrate VoG in its last week of relevancy

Where: Each of us will remain in our respective homes

How: With mad skillz

RNGesus, if you're listening, just the Mythoclast, Hawkmoon may be my most wanted, but it can be RNG'd outside of this raid.

Ambitious

By the way, how does the Mythoclast compare against the Vision of Confluence? I got both, but my VoC is far from being maxed, so I haven't really used it yet.

E92 M3

As soon as patch hits, I will leave this thread (as hard as it is) to try everything out blind. Yeah, I'm weird but little things like long overdue weapon changes excite me and I want try them blind.

I was hoping we would get these changes before The Dark Below. Hate to be going into new content with the same lame farming.

Same here, but worst comes to worse, we are still getting rebalanced weapons a week before the expansion.

Well, weapon damage goes up to 331 now so you shouldn't have as MUCH damage reduction as 34% (?), but would definitely take more damage. Also some raid weapons do "increase damage against hive" to help narrow the gap there.

I keep seeing this "more damage against hive" thing, but we all know how well this works for the current Oracle disruptor perk. I just don't like the idea of making it harder by making the bad guys spongier. I'd rather more puzzles and platforming challenges.

Strider

By the way, how does the Mythoclast compare against the Vision of Confluence? I got both, but my VoC is far from being maxed, so I haven't really used it yet.

Currently VoC is better. It is a great gun and keeps that exotic slot free. Will see just how good the Vex is after today's update though because this may (and should) change.

EL CUCO

Right now, VoC is a way better weapon.
Better range, better on ammo, more stability.

Doesn't take up an exotic slot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom