• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT11| It goes up to 11!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Temujen

Neo Member
Patch downloaded and installed. It still says Version 1.0.3 at the log-in screen and nothing has changed. Am I doing something wrong? PS4, by the way.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Fair suros nerf! Whoa Hard light! Monte carlo buff is fucking perfect for my build! Mida multi tool! weird change on Hawkmoon as its Reload was fine but hammer forged is barely any change from send it so whatever! more more more!

Strider

Yep. Great patch. I really wanna know just how many materials you get for completing patrol bounties and the daily though. Time to test!

I gotta level up my Thorn asap.

E92 M3

Possibly. I'm not too mad about it though - it means less wasted shards down the road.

I am still having trouble conceptualizing it...will exotics just have one power upgrade node and the material is obtainable from only Xur and other exotics?

--

Thorn got some amazing treatment with with this patch.

Ourobolus

Banned
Guess I'll be upgrading my Thorn and Vex tonight...
I am still having trouble conceptualizing it...will exotics just have one power upgrade node and the material is obtainable from only Xur and other exotics?

--

Thorn got some amazing treatment with with this patch.

The way it reads to me is that there will be less upgrade nodes overall, and they will all only take weapon parts + materials, except for the very last one, which requires the exotic shard.

zewone

The fact that I have to dismantle 3 exotics or pay 21 coins to upgrade my exotics I didn't want to grind materials for means I got fucked.

Hard.

DJ88

I really hope I get an exotic shard from dismantling exotic armor I have in my vault for other classes I never plan on playing. Sucks cause I just dismantled a couple a few days ago. I won't dismantle an exotic weapon unless it's a repeat and I just spend a ton of coins on Xur last week.

Reeaally happy about being able to buy mats with vanguard marks. I'm constantly hitting the cap every week with nothing to spend them on.

Jinjo

Fuckfuck, gotta max voidfang vestments quick! Have all the materials, getting to tower now!

Patch delivered hard.

So all the energy and shards are now useless?

Are they implementing something like Final Fantasy 14 did and let you exchange it into something? What will drop in VoG instead?

Seems like a big omission especially since I am sitting at 200-300 of each.

Bad Juju still sounds like shit since they didn't address its major issue. I knew they wouldn't.

I suppose I shouldn't judge it yet though, since I haven't used it, but it doesn't sound so good.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Players will now be able to use Vanguard Marks and Crucible Marks to purchase Spinmetal, Relic Iron, Spirit Bloom, and Helium Filaments from the Vanguard and Crucible Quartermasters in the Tower

daniel-bryan-yes.gif

And the vault space is still 20. well atleast buying mats is a good start! I can finally upgrade my weapons.

Can't wait to hear what they actually cost, I have about 500+ Vanguard and Crucible marks right now between my 3 characters. Hopefully that should get me enough to get my Warlock to 30.

This makes the weekly cap on marks realllllyyyy shitty now.

zewone

So all the energy and shards are now useless?

Are they implementing something like Final Fantasy 14 did and let you exchange it into something? What will drop in VoG instead?

Seems like a big omission especially since I am sitting at 200-300 of each.

Sooo now my ~100 shards and ~100 energies on my PS4 are worthless?

You can still use them on legendaries.

Am I crazy or have they still not addressed the "bug" that strike bosses are bullet sponges. Maybe they did in the last patch and I never noticed.

It came last patch, but it was mostly worthless.

not rebooted yet it looks like.

Some very welcome changes. But the Templar can still be cheesed by using a modified version of the Oracle cheese.

Ourobolus

Banned
Now I just need them to actually OFFER me the goddamn SGA and Pocket Infinity bounties. I still have yet to see them, after over 300 hours.

E92 M3

Guess I'll be upgrading my Thorn and Vex tonight...

The way it reads to me is that there will be less upgrade nodes overall, and they will all only take weapon parts + materials, except for the very last one, which requires the exotic shard.

That doesn't sound too bad. Basically people will either upgrade their weapons on Friday or through dismantling exotics.

--

Someone please confirm what happens to maxed exotics.

Jinjo

Oh man, got the final upgrade on my voidfang vestments just in time lol. Didn't wanna wait for Xur.

Thorn deservedly became one of the best guns on the game!

fuck
I had all the energy in the world to finish upgrading my weapons, but didn't want to farm mats for them. Now?

Haha, same here. I have the final two slots ready to upgrade on TLW, and I have a ton of Asc Energy. But I hadn't gotten around to farming 32 pieces of spinmetal.

Now I still need the spinmetal, AND I need seven coins!

What do you mean, exactly? I was just saying that it looks like the DoT only got buffed in PvE. The reload, stability, mag size, etc changes appear to be both PvE and PvP.

Because Thorn was originally 7 points for DoT in PvP. Then they accidentally broke it in the last update so now it only does 3 points for DoT in PvP and claimed they'd fix it when the weapons got buffed.

So I assumed the DoT would return to its normal 7 points as it had before and then will get more than that in PvE. But you said you thought it would only count towards PvE. So it's making me wonder if the DoT is 7 points in PvP again.

Tovarisc

not rebooted yet it looks like.

Some very welcome changes. But the Templar can still be cheesed by using a modified version of the Oracle cheese.

But why to bother anymore if you are at 30 with most of VoG weapons? Just take week off and jump right into Crota next week.

E92 M3

I knew coins would serve another purpose besides weapons. Very thankful to be frugal with Xur for these past months.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom