• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT11| It goes up to 11!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because Thorn was originally 7 points for DoT in PvP. Then they accidentally broke it in the last update so now it only does 3 points for DoT in PvP and claimed they'd fix it when the weapons got buffed.

So I assumed the DoT would return to its normal 7 points as it had before and then will get more than that in PvE. But you said you thought it would only count towards PvE. So it's making me wonder if the DoT is 7 points in PvP again.

Oh sorry, I'm all caught up now. Yes, I think it's still at 3 in PvP.

E92 M3

Ascendant Mats change only goes live tomorrow? I still see them on my Thorn and Ahamkara Spine

Bungie tweeted that it will be within the hour when the game world resets.

--

The biggest question right now is what happens to maxed out exotics. Hopefully, we get a pass.

forrest

formerly nacire
And the vault space is still 20. well atleast buying mats is a good start! I can finally upgrade my weapons.

I'd really like to see vaults accessible from orbit and vault size upgrades tied to ships. It would at least make ships and finding better ships somewhat meaningful.

EvenEven better, if they had interior spaces for boss trophies, armor/weapon display and your vault similar to player housing in other games. Better ships = better features

I've been sitting on a Vanguard Mentor Missive for a week now, in anticipation of this patch. The choices are Juju or Invective. Does anyone have an opinion on whether Juju's buff is enough to go for it over Invective?

Jinjo

Lol they rebuffed pocket infinity. You can select the increased mag perk again. It's 5 shots now, was it 8 before?

hydruxo

Overall very pleased with the patch notes, though this one doesn't make much sense to me:

Faction Class Items (ex: FWC Cloak, Dead Orbit Mark, etc.) are now replaced by Faction Emblems in the rank-up reward packages from Faction Vendors

We can buy emblems just like we can buy class items, so I'm not really getting the point of this. Should've taken class items out and increased the chance to get a faction shader.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Whoa why is Plan C better! And Pocket Infinity is changed back which means it's still not changed hahahaha.
So the change to how exotics are upgraded - what does it mean for the viability of current exotic gear post DLC?
We don't know but Exotics will never be obsolete in Destiny. The game just isn't designed to do that. I imagine we'll upgrade them and then they'll be as viable as any new exotic when newly "maxed."
Overall very pleased with the patch notes, though this one doesn't make much sense to me:

We can buy emblems just like we can buy class items, so I'm not really getting the point of this. Should've taken class items out and increased the chance to get a faction shader.
You HAD to buy the class item to have a chance at getting the reward package, so it was sending you something you were guaranteed to actually have. just a small tweak to prevent that.

rNilla

Well you can buy some of the weapons too but at least you don't get something you are already guaranteed to be wearing.

but a new one begins... 12/9

1377.gif

Oh sorry, I'm all caught up now. Yes, I think it's still at 3 in PvP.

If that's true then I think I'm done.

Crucible is about the only thing that interests me in this game since I have no luck with RNG in the raid and other PvE stuff. If they're going to permanently break the coolest part of my favorite weapon then I've got other stuff to play.

Hiko

Banned
WTF at the Regime nerf. Glass half full is borderline useless. It adds like 10 damage at most. Instead of nerfing the SUROS upgrade, they needed to buff glass half full to be like SUROS. The stock Vanquisher VIII would have been totally obscene.

"The final upgrade node of all Exotic Gear will require an Exotic Shard"

On exotic weapons already maxed do we have to worry about this? Can anyone confirm?

My 291 Ice Breaker still says I need energy to upgrade the last node. WTF.

Akai XIII

Anyone on the Xbone going to raid soon? Nm? I've just hit 26 and would like to get it in before the reset... I've done it plenty of times on the ps4.

Frenden

Banned
I have a lot of legendary weapons that have their final three upgrades unfinished because I was stingy and wanted to save the mats for potential exotics.

Side effect of this patch? I don't have to feel guilty about upgrading them any longer.

zewone

Wow it was patched? Ha ha ha that shit was no bug it was intentional. How can they play the Valus strike and not realize that shit is not fun, it's just tedious.

They made solo strikes slightly harder and 3 person strikes slightly less.

A few strike bosses need direct changes, such as Valus, but we didn't get that.

Flawless looks even easier to obtain now.

HELP ME! lol

Flawless is crazy easy now, lol.

Patch notes are pretty great overall. That Thorn buff, holy shit. But booo to the slight HMoon range nerf. Hammer Forged gives very slightly less range than Send It did.

gdt

Very excited about this update. They also fixed the one pet peeve with my wonderful Patience and Time....low zoom! I always switch to low zoom on my snipers, makes them work better at mid distances.

Deku Tree

I installed an update 20 minutes ago, and booted up my game, but none of the changes have been applied yet... Anyone else see th changes in their game so far?

Ourobolus

Banned
Very excited about this update. They also fixed the one pet peeve with my wonderful Patience and Time....low zoom! I always switch to low zoom on my snipers, makes them work better at mid distances.

We gonna have some fun this next week.

Strider

Whoa why is Plan C better! And Pocket Infinity is changed back which means it's still not changed hahahaha.

Yea I'm surprised by these two.

My 291 Ice Breaker still says I need energy to upgrade the last node. WTF.

I installed an update 20 minutes ago, and booted up my game, but none of the changes have been applied yet... Anyone else see th changes in their game so far?

Because the in-game update isn't live yet.

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
So, now that I can buy materials with Cruc/Van points, can I just spend a shitload of van points on mats and trade said mats for Cruc???

Yep. Atheon fix makes the whole thing easier on the whole.

People just need to learn to do Templar again. lol

Haha true. As demonstrated by our recent guardian lord raid, some people have forgotten how to do templar, lol. I always enjoyed his fight, it shouldn't be remotely hard for flawless and still take basically the same amount of time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom