• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT11| It goes up to 11!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Flawless is crazy easy now, lol.

Why, exactly? The fixes to Atheon?

There must be a way for them to remain viable.

Would be insane to make them obsolete for any content when they have such a small weapon/armour pool.

I hope so!

If that's true then I think I'm done.

Crucible is about the only thing that interests me in this game since I have no luck with RNG in the raid and other PvE stuff. If they're going to permanently break the coolest part of my favorite weapon then I've got other stuff to play.

I agree it's a bummer, but the other buffs look pretty damn good.

Zakalwe

Banned

Crucible is about the only thing that interests me in this game since I have no luck with RNG in the raid and other PvE stuff. If they're going to permanently break the coolest part of my favorite weapon then I've got other stuff to play.

You don't see how the buffs will up the dps to a point the 3 dmg tick will be useful?

I'd try it first before you uninstall.

Because Thorn was originally 7 points for DoT in PvP. Then they accidentally broke it in the last update so now it only does 3 points for DoT in PvP and claimed they'd fix it when the weapons got buffed.

So I assumed the DoT would return to its normal 7 points as it had before and then will get more than that in PvE. But you said you thought it would only count towards PvE. So it's making me wonder if the DoT is 7 points in PvP again.

I don't think they broke it on accident. I guess we'll find out. If it's still 3 clicks them they intended it and for some reason merged it before iron banner

Anyone want to help me with the Crucible-Void part of the Thorn bounty tonight around 9pm EST?

Would be great if there were a few people that need to do it as well and we can all just take turns shooting each other in the face. I suck at Crucible...

Jinjo

What are destinations mats? Says it can drop now from daily story and daily patrol bounty? (Is that the bounty that says: do 6 patrol missions on planet x?)

Thank god they didn't touch my Gjallarhorns. *strokes all three of them*

CREMSteve

Haha true. As demonstrated by our recent guardian lord raid, some people have forgotten how to do templar, lol. I always enjoyed his fight, it shouldn't be remotely hard for flawless and still take basically the same amount of time.

Templar will be much more difficult on HM now.

What are destinations mats? Says it can drop now from daily story and daily patrol bounty? (Is that the bounty that says: do 6 patrol missions on planet x?)

Thank god they didn't touch my Gjallarhorns. *strokes all three of them*

Yes, that's the bounty.

You love flaunting your Ballerhorn drop rate, don't you?

TheOMan

Tagged as I see fit

I still get smoked by the Thorn in 2 shots, 3 at most in Crucible. Can't wait to level it up.

Yes, that's the bounty.

I have 3 too. I thought that was the norm???

TP-DK

Wait, so after this update I wont be able to upgrade any of my exotic gear untill Xur passes by?

The rest of the update sounds cool though, gonna buy some mats right now.

EL CUCO

Thorn
-Projectiles now briefly highlight targets on impact
-Mark of the Devourer DoT (damage-over-time) upgrade increased against PvE enemy targets
-Reload Speed increased
-Magazine Size increased
-Ammo inventory size increased
-Stability and Weapon Handling increased
rN4nyrp.jpg

hydruxo

Honestly don't know if I'm a fan of the exotic shard stuff

They should at least give you an option to trade in energies for shards or something.

Deku Tree

Wait, so after this update I wont be able to upgrade any of my exotic gear untill Xur passes by?

The rest of the update sounds cool though, gonna buy some mats right now.

Only for the last upgrade in the tree. I am hoping my fully upgraded exotics get in for free.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane

I don't think we actually know one way or the other yet, but if that's it, sorry to hear that, hope you enjoyed your time with Destiny.
WTF at the Regime nerf. Glass half full is borderline useless. It adds like 10 damage at most. Instead of nerfing the SUROS upgrade, they needed to buff glass half full to be like SUROS. The stock Vanquisher VIII would have been totally obscene.
auto rifles don't need any buffs. If this change makes you decide to use something other than the SUROS Regime then it will have done its job. It's still a ludicrous rifle.
You still have time to max your gun before this dumb exotic update. Gotta go fast.
I'm curious what your problem is with this?

edit: Guys IMO if exotic shards bring weapons up to a new Attack stat plateau of course you're going to need an exotic shard even if you've "maxed" it already. I wouldn't do anything yet unless you won't be upset either way.

gdt

You do realise that after the patch it won't be maxed anymore until you use an exotic shard to re-max it, right?

I hope thats not the case cause I already maxed it. Now, if I need that exotic shard to get it to 320 damage and remax it thats ok.

Greenymac

Anyone want to help me with the Crucible-Void part of the Thorn bounty tonight around 9pm EST?

Would be great if there were a few people that need to do it as well and we can all just take turns shooting each other in the face. I suck at Crucible...

I already hve one thorn and am at this point on my second bounty. Ill likely be online wayy before 9 pm though

dmg04

#DEADWRONG

It's a 3 shot kill, like all other handcannons.
You now have more ammo, and range.
Your tick damage keeps their shields from regenerating for a longer period of time than a regular weapon.

All in all, DEAL WITH IT.

I like how legendary guns will come with a higher base attack then before, I think this will allow more people to try out other guns without feeling like they need to spend two hours grinding up to the first set of damage upgrades.

Slowdown fix for xbox one, I only discovered this bug last week and already seen the came crawl to 20fps in spots because I was talking to two people in a party while farming materials.

LiK

just read the patch notes.

lol, exotic shards. that should be fine for people who get dupes.

Flawless is gonna be much easier for anyone who's played it a bunch of times if the teleport glitches are actually fixed. i guess the hardest part will be the platforming and Gorgon maze at this point.

anyway, happy to see all the exotics i use are still good or better. People hoping for Suros nerf are probably disappointed. The Vex is gonna be badass again. I guess I'll start working on upgrading that again.

Bizazedo

Xur sold it twice.
I only remember once, but the first time was very early and I was hoarding coins for "non pulse rifle trash lol".

Sigh.

Strange coins given a new purpose. I like it.

Also I hope you didn't dismantle your duplicate exotics before now lol

I dismantled an extra Last Word last night, fuck :(. I guess I don't need three, can do it twice more....

Thank god did the flawless already.... Not that it ain't still doable but this just increases risk of death even more

Eh, Templar on normal non-cheese is stupid easy with a bunch of Titans. Just stack your raid.

Worst case scenario, get good at jumping. Honestly, the flawless raid on normal is not hard at all, even last week, it was just bugs that screwed most people.

You don't see how the buffs will up the dps to a point the 3 dmg tick will be useful?

I'd try it first before you uninstall.

How would the buffs change that? It's impact is still the same. You used to be able to fire a couple shots into them and let them bleed out when it was 7 points. Now that it's 3 points they only drop to a sliver of health but don't die. So you have to fire another shot into them to finish them off. So what's the point of the DoT other than setting up one of your teammates to finish them off?

Since they broke it I've killed people with the DoT maybe once or twice, likely because a teammate put a bullet or two into them to help lower their health enough. But as it is now you can't kill them with the DoT by yourself. You either kill them with the full 3 shots (or two in the head) or they live to fight another day. So it basically negates the most unique part of the gun.

I don't think we actually know one way or the other yet, but if that's it, sorry to hear that, hope you enjoyed your time with Destiny.

Meh it's been ok. Just losing interest since I can't get a decent drop to save my life and I'm really not that into games that don't reward my skill and are based completely on luck.

hydruxo

So I'm wondering if I should go ahead and put the energies into my Vex to max it now or will it just be nullfied when everything resets

E92 M3

Overall very pleased with the patch notes, though this one doesn't make much sense to me:

We can buy emblems just like we can buy class items, so I'm not really getting the point of this. Should've taken class items out and increased the chance to get a faction shader.

I was thinking we can just use emblems instead of class items. I don't want to change my cloak so that's why I'm not leveling factions.

Flawless is crazy easy now, lol.

Patch notes are pretty great overall. That Thorn buff, holy shit. But booo to the slight HMoon range nerf. Hammer Forged gives very slightly less range than Send It did.

Why is it easy now?

You do realise that after the patch it won't be maxed anymore until you use an exotic shard to re-max it, right?

We don't know that yet because it would have effectively wasted shards.

Jinjo

Should i be upgrading all of my exotic before patch hits?

OMFG OMFG!!!!!!

I quickly maxed my Voidfang vestments before it hit! Do it!

Yes, that's the bounty.

It's the only good thing in my life right now.

I kid, but you might be right lol. Love that gun so much even though I tend to handle it like an idiot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom