• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT11| It goes up to 11!

Status
Not open for further replies.

zewone

I'm curious what your problem is with this?
My 300 ass mats and 200 ass energies are basically useless. I was saving them to upgrade once it was easier to obtain planet material. Now they're useless. Any legendary worth using I've already upgraded.
You know the exchange rate yet?
No, but if it's really 50 marks, that's only one planet material. If you are still locked out at 75 marks a week, it would be tough to get all 4, depending on the gear.

Why, exactly? The fixes to Atheon?

Yep. Atheon glitches were the only thing that was ever hard about it, because they would be different every single fight. Legit templar on normal mode is no problem, everyone attempting flawless is super-overlevelled for doing damage.

Templar will be much more difficult on HM now.

Maybe so, but flawless is always normal anyway. I don't think templar is hard though, just ignore the oracles and group together by the cave on the right side. Cleanse when marked, use the team's supers to generate orbs for the relic super, and burn that sucker down.

Titan Defenders are now the best raid class by an even more absurd degree. Ward of Dawn generates orbs when taking damage = permanent relic super for Templar.

Strider

So I'm wondering if I should go ahead and put the energies into my Vex to max it now or will it just be nullfied when everything resets

Do you have legendaries you'd like to upgrade? Don't do it.

If you don't have legendaries you want upgraded then go ahead. Worth it just in case.

Dissapointing that they have fixed ONE bug in the raid. Still no fix on regenerating health on enemies, shield bubble glitching out, not going the the portal properly and ending up back in, oracle spawning improperly and succumbing too soon, and many more.

Ugh.

Deku Tree

I wish I could go back to yesterday and un-dismantle my second Truth. Might have to dismantle my monte-Carlo in order to upgrade my Vex. I also dismantled an exotic bounty yesterday. From now on I guess you choose the easiest exotic bounty and do it for the upgrade materials.

My 300 ass mats and 200 ass energies are basically useless. I was saving them to upgrade once it was easier to obtain planet material. Now they're useless. Any legendary worth using I've already upgraded.

No, but if it's really 50 marks, that's only one planet material. If you are still locked out at 75 marks a week, it would be tough to get all 4, depending on the gear.

Yeah I really have no idea what I'm going to do with all my ascendant stuff now.

Do you have legendaries you'd like to upgrade? Don't do it.

If you don't have legendaries you want upgraded then go ahead. Worth it just in case.

So legendary armour and weapons still need shards and armour? Then likely the non-RNG armour and raid armour in The Dark Below will need it as well?

Why would they make the most powerful weapons easier to upgrade and now legendary weapons are more difficult? Seems like a really weird decision.

Everyone is crying about Templar cheese. Let it go.

I'm rejoicing about Templar cheese. I'd posted a few days ago that everyone should do oracles and templar legit this week, in honor of VoG's last relevant week. Those fights are really fun legit, especially on hard.

Frenden

Banned
I think I'm properly motivated for the Thorn crucible portion of its exotic bounty now.

So legendary armour and weapons still need shards and armour? Then likely the non-RNG armour and raid armour in The Dark Below will need it as well?

Why would they make the most powerful weapons easier to upgrade and now legendary weapons are more difficult? Seems like a really weird decision.

Maybe drop rates for ass mats can be upped as a result of them not being a part of the exotic tree any longer?

For 29's specially. Dedicated hobgoblin snipers are absolutely necessary on hard

Btw wtf is up with shards and energy? So they're completely irrelevant now? How can you take something so fundamentally crucial and turn it useless?

LordofPwn

Haha true. As demonstrated by our recent guardian lord raid, some people have forgotten how to do templar, lol. I always enjoyed his fight, it shouldn't be remotely hard for flawless and still take basically the same amount of time.
yeah, we got through it ok, mostly just dusting off the cobwebs. but it was my first legit templar hard mode. Also any chance i could get in on 3 hards at reset tomorrow?

yeah, but if you all stay towards the back right oracle spawns you're pretty safe. just make sure to do as much damage as you can when you can. i honestly feel like oracles legit are harder on HM than templar. especially if you are a 29.

LiK

Dissapointing that they have fixed ONE bug in the raid. Still no fix on regenerating health on enemies, shield bubble glitching out, not going the the portal properly and ending up back in, oracle spawning improperly and succumbing too soon, and many more.

Ugh.

it seems so. people will still need to deal with all the other glitches but the teleport one was major.

CREMSteve

Yep. Atheon glitches were the only thing that was ever hard about it, because they would be different every single fight. Legit templar on normal mode is no problem, everyone attempting flawless is super-overlevelled for doing damage.

Maybe so, but flawless is always normal anyway. I don't think templar is hard though, just ignore the oracles and group together by the cave on the right side. Cleanse when marked, use the team's supers to generate orbs for the relic super, and burn that sucker down.

Titan Defenders are now the best raid class by an even more absurd degree. Ward of Dawn generates orbs when taking damage = permanent relic super for Templar.

But by doing this, you no longer have access to the chest that spawns by preventing the Templar from teleporting.

I still get smoked by the Thorn in 2 shots, 3 at most in Crucible. Can't wait to level it up.

Yeah, but what's the fun in that now? If they're indeed leaving the DoT at 3 then It'll just be the same as every other HC. It lost it's best feature and will basically be a great tool to get assists.

blackflag

What: 3x3x3x0

When: Tuesday 4 am EST, on the dot!

Who:

1.) Me
2.) Steroyd
3.) Mattiator
4.) iRawr
5.) Casmith (confirm?)
6.) YzenUp (confirm?)

Why: To celebrate VoG in its last week of relevancy

Where: Each of us will remain in our respective homes

How: With mad skillz

In like Flynn brother

For 29's specially. Dedicated hobgoblin snipers are absolutely necessary on hard

Btw wtf is up with shards and energy? So they're completely irrelevant now? How can you take something so fundamentally crucial and turn it useless?
Ass shards and energy are still useful for lengendary gear.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Yeah I really have no idea what I'm going to do with all my ascendant stuff now.
Man so you guys have every legendary you care about maxed for 3 characters? Multiple paths to 30 with different Exotic armor pieces?

Zakalwe

Banned

It's an extra way on top of what we have. It's not supposed to be a replacement to farming mats entirely, just a helping hand

How would the buffs change that? It's impact is still the same. You used to be able to fire a couple shots into them and let them bleed out when it was 7 points. Now that it's 3 points they only drop to a sliver of health but don't die. So you have to fire another shot into them to finish them off. So what's the point of the DoT other than setting up one of your teammates to finish them off?

Since they broke it I've killed people with the DoT maybe once or twice, likely because a teammate put a bullet or two into them to help lower their health enough. But as it is now you can't kill them with the DoT by yourself. You either kill them with the full 3 shots (or two in the head) or they live to fight another day. So it basically negates the most unique part of the gun.

Dps is upgraded as reload speed and clip size is bigger.

Before you hit twice and ran while the poison finished them, right? Now it's 3 then run? If so the buffs compensate as you can shoot more players more often.

Same style of play with one more shot involved but less downtime. Seems like a good decision to me.

E92 M3

I can't max out my exotics right now, but the ones that matter are already there. Unfortunately, I was hesitant about maxing Thorn, but now realize I should have with the treatment it got. Also, I was expecting the Vex to get a slight nerf to the clip size.

CREMSteve

You still need shards and energy for legendary upgrades.

Yeah, but what's the fun in that now? If they're indeed leaving the DoT at 3 then It'll just be the same as every other HC. It lost it's best feature and will basically be a great tool to get assists.

I agree with this. The DoT was, to me, its only "unique" feature - apart from how cool it looks.

Strider

I'm assuming the current legendaries will stay the same because the patch notes say nothing about them changing.

We know nothing about how these changes play a role in TDB gear/weapons as those could still be completely different.

CREMSteve

Bungie @Bungie · 43s 43 seconds ago

You may need to close and restart the Destiny application on your console to apply the update.

Hyun Sai

Seems like many people won't use any of the new legendaries coming next week, judging by the ammount of "my shards are useless now".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom