• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT11| It goes up to 11!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dissapointing that they have fixed ONE bug in the raid. Still no fix on regenerating health on enemies, shield bubble glitching out, not going the the portal properly and ending up back in, oracle spawning improperly and succumbing too soon, and many more.

Ugh.

Most of them are lag related so there's nothing they can do about it.

The relic shield glitch and portal glitch are hardly big problems. Don't nudge the relic holder and leave the portal one at a time. It's not that difficult.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
For 29's specially. Dedicated hobgoblin snipers are absolutely necessary on hard

Btw wtf is up with shards and energy? So they're completely irrelevant now? How can you take something so fundamentally crucial and turn it useless?
The new raid gear is probably going to use those mats, so it's worth having them.

zewone

Man so you guys have every legendary you care about maxed for 3 characters? Multiple paths to 30 with different Exotic armor pieces?
I have all the raid weapons and raid gear for my characters maxed, except for chest for warlock and titan because I wear exotics in that area.
It's an extra way on top of what we have. It's not supposed to be a replacement to farming mats entirely, just a helping hand

That's too bad. I don't want to farm mats in this game any longer.

Yep. Great patch. I really wanna know just how many materials you get for completing patrol bounties and the daily though. Time to test!

I gotta level up my Thorn asap.

Mine's already at max 300 and it has returned to its rightful place as the pvp HC.

Blessed based Bungie.

Edit: will have to wait to get home to see if DoT increased for pvp as well. Hopefully it is.

There is very high chance of there being a whole new set of "ascendent" materials when the expansion hits, this patch seems like more proof of that so people with lots of them should come to terms with that.

Tovarisc

So its time to dismantle those 3 or was it 4 Vexs that I have been keeping in Vault for lols :b

I'm okay with the Invective nerf but it should've applied to found verdict too >_<

Invective was already slowest reloading full auto shotty in the game afaik. This nerf just makes Found extremely clear and superior choice.

Yeah I really have no idea what I'm going to do with all my ascendant stuff now.

I read the patch notes as though you only need the new material for the 'final' upgrade. I'm guessing that the rest will still use normal ass. mats.

I am a bit miffed that they didn't do anything to update the raid RNG.

Also, they did update the Monte Carlo... I'm going to make that weapon work no matter what just because it looks rad.

Hyun Sai

I have all the raid weapons and raid gear for my characters maxed, except for chest for warlock and titan because I wear exotics in that area.
Your current raid gear won't take you to 32. How do you intend to upgrade the new legendary raid gear without ascendant materials ? You don't intend to use any of the new legendary weapons either ?

Anything about buying class mats? Biggest thing keeping me from hitting 30 with my alt. Also, I really wish I hadn't dismantled a bunch of exotics now, I didn't see that coming at all.

Jinjo

How can anyone confirm or deny the Thorn rebuff to DoT for PvP when the server side of the patch wasn't even live?

rNilla

No way will the new raid legendaries use the current ascendant materials. Didn't the data mining already reveal new ones?

No way man. Legit Templar is super easy, everyone has just forgotten how to do it apparently. Maxed Icebreakers for days.

Okay, I'll give you that, but my experience has showed that anything can accidentally kill someone. Plus if this encounter takes even longer now, it's just gone be frustrating repeating it over and over again. But then again, we were having bad luck that day. I guess anyone can get sick of it if made to do it like ten times in a day....

Seems like many people won't use any of the new legendaries coming next week, judging by the ammount of "my shards are useless now".
Yeah it's kinda odd that people are jumping to this conclusion
I'm okay with the Invective nerf but it should've applied to found verdict too >_<

The nerf could be really stupid depending on how severe it is. The fast rate of fire is what set it apart from other shotguns. I was fine with the slow ass reload. If it doesn't still fire significantly faster than every shotgun, then I have no reason to use it over Found Verdict.

LiK

Is the legendary gear still relevant though? Will raid weapons still be useful? I should just read the patch notes lol

considering you are limited to what exotics you can equip at one time, legendaries will always be super relevant no matter how much they buff exotics.

aww mythoclast changes look so nice <3

Would be nice to finally get one!

Sad that many won't even get these weapons despite playing for the max rolls as much as possible. Maybe one day they will fix the loot system and make it so people can play for fun and not RNG, OCD and being left out. Not to mention locking out exotics via bounties that require PvP, making PvE exclusive players left out. But I guess you have to raid for items too. Can't please both crowds but they don't seem to be trying for PvE players as IB catered to PvP exclusive players with light 30 gear.

Then my face might be 8) too

Anything about buying class mats? Biggest thing keeping me from hitting 30 with my alt. Also, I really wish I hadn't dismantled a bunch of exotics now, I didn't see that coming at all.

Yeah, grinding class mats is the worst. I wish there was a way to exchange them for other class mats. I have more sapphire wire than I'll ever need.

shem935

Banned
Any other news about a possible upgrade path for raid gear going into the level cap? I read the patch notes but they didn't seem to address it. I really want to keep the raid helmet at least because of it's perks towards crit shotting vex.

Dps is upgraded as reload speed and clip size is bigger.

Before you hit twice and ran while the poison finished them, right? Now it's 3 then run? If so the buffs compensate as you can shoot more players more often.

Same style of play with one more shot involved but less downtime. Seems like a good decision to me.

Again, what's the point of the DoT if I'm just going to finish them off with the third shot anyway? Reload speed and a bigger clip aren't going to give me that kill when someone hides after the first couple shots like it used to. The gun isn't unique anymore, it's just like everything else.

Didn't Deej specifically say it was going to be fixed though in his weekly write up? I'm starting to think he didn't say "5" by accident. I wonder if they're just changing it to 5 to make up for the buffs. In my experience 5 would probably work to help finish people off.

Heel

Is this "exotic shard" only needed for newly-acquired exotics? All my gear is still showing regular material upgrades.

GhaleonEB

Daily Heroic Story

•Destination Materials now drop from completing the Daily Heroic
Yes.

Bounties

•Destination Materials now drop from completing the Daily Patrol Bounty
Yes!

•Players will now be able to use Vanguard Marks and Crucible Marks to purchase Spinmetal, Relic Iron, Spirit Bloom, and Helium Filaments from the Vanguard and Crucible Quartermasters in the Tower
Yes! YES! YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I started a new hunter a couple weeks ago with the hopes of getting them to their endgame gear grind by the time this update hit. Just last night I hit the point of staring at giant pools of resources I need to upgrade my legendary armor and gear. I'm drowning in Vanguard Marks.

This update fixes one of Destiny's most problematic aspects. Bravo, Bungie.

Sullichin

Patch downloaded, headed into Rumble to test Thorn.

I keep getting constant grimiore card notices on the bottom of my screen. Pretty sure I just got 20-30 score for no reason lol

Jinjo

Again, what's the point of the DoT if I'm just going to finish them off with the third shot anyway? Reload speed and a bigger clip aren't going to give me that kill when someone hides after the first couple shots like it used to. The gun isn't unique anymore, it's just like everything else.

Did you test the gun in PvP already or are you just jumping to conclusions here?

The DoT was never about getting the kill so much as it's about keeping the Regen from happening. If the DoT was intended to be the kill mechanism, it would've been higher than 7 per tick and the impact would've been lower.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Would be nice to finally get one!

Sad that many won't even get these weapons despite playing for the max rolls as much as possible. Maybe one day they will fix the loot system and make it so people can play for fun and not RNG, OCD and being left out.

Then my face might be 8) too
Heh, what are you even suggesting? Every weapon should be purchaseable each week from Xur? A new exotic is guaranteed each time you raid? A trading post so that you can buy them all for glimmer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom