• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT11| It goes up to 11!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steroyd

So, uh... can anyone explain how to do Templar without cheesing it to me real quick? I've only done it once the legit way with Hawk's newbie group.

Relic holder uses super to take down shield.

Everyone Gjallarhorns it and kills it in 5 seconds.

The End.

So excited about Thorn. I was using it when it was crap, so this will be a amazing. Nice for PI too. Hopefully the Bad Juju buff makes it useful. Guess I will be back playing Destiny now between this and the upcoming expansion.

Wish I had least continued doing the weekly strikes after I quit though as strange coins actually have some value to me now.

Ourobolus

Banned
10 marks for 20 mats at the Crucible vendor.

B3yqaJgIAAABrdB.jpg

Omg. 7 DOT ON THORN

Daily Heroic Story is on Venus and awards 10 Spirit Bloom on 20, 12 on 24, and 16 on 28.

10 mats for the daily patrol

OH HELL YEAH

yeah, we got through it ok, mostly just dusting off the cobwebs. but it was my first legit templar hard mode. Also any chance i could get in on 3 hards at reset tomorrow?.

I haven't confirmed with casmith or yzenup yet so you will be the first replacement for sure if one of them can't make it.

shem935

Banned
Until you reach that 100 mark limit for the week. They really should have done away with that at this point.

Least with three characters you could buy a max of 600 mats. Not too shabby. Maybe not do away with the cap but increase it to 150. That would be nice. That way I don't have to wait a whole week to save for a gun from the vanguard weapons vendor.

Whoops cap of 200. Nevermind ignore me. I am dumb. 1200 mats possible.

Sullichin

Jumping off of someone else's conclusions.

A couple people said it was probably staying at 3 and I said if that's true then it's bullshit and I'd probably hang it up. Then everyone jumped on that. I didn't start it.

Lol yeah I said it based on the patch notes because they didn't mentioned they fixed it, but I tested it.

Thorn is the best PVP handcannon again, and is better than ever. 9 magazine, faster reload (still a bit slow) and the 7 DOT / 2 shot kill is back! Hip fire accuracy also feels better but hard to say.

Qwell

Daily Heroic Story is on Venus and awards 10 Spirit Bloom on 20, 12 on 24, and 16 on 28.
Damn ... had literally just finished the 28 daily story, went to orbit and then the server patch hit... oh well, lots of Marks to spend, now I just need Xur to show up again.

Fuck, not level 30 any more because of those stupid exotic shards.

One chance I am not agreeing with, not this deep into the game...

GhaleonEB

For people like me that didn't completely hate farming every so often, and in particular, dramatically preferred farming certain materials over others, this is like a dream update.

And then there's me, who loves doing the daily heroic story missions (my favorite activity in the game) and strikes, and a patrol bounty every few days, but refuses to farm anything. I just grab what I can going about other activities. Now materials will drop for completing some activities, and I can earn the rest with the strikes. It's like a dream within a dream update!

Sane_Man

I can't believe how good this update is. I'm so happy right now.

Templar is easy anyway and who gives a fuck about the chest you cheese him for anyway. It only gives shards/energy.

It said it explicitly in the patch notes.

Unless they're silently bringing it back to 7 in PvP (fixing their mistake), and it's even higher in PvE?

This is what I assumed but with Bungie who knows. I never used Thorn much in PvE except for patrols with low level enemies so I don't know how well it performed in strikes and raids. Hopefully now it's more like 10+ points in PvE.

Temujen

Neo Member
But didn't they say that all exotic guns would stay relevant for future raids? So the attack rating on all exotic guns should be raised to 320+. Otherwise the raid weapons will make them completely irrelevant.

Least with three characters you could buy a max of 600 mats. Not too shabby. Maybe not do away with the cap but increase it to 150. That would be nice. That way I don't have to wait a whole week to save for a gun from the vanguard weapons vendor.

Whoops cap of 200. Nevermind ignore me. I am dumb. 1200 mats possible.

Yeah a bump to the cap would be the least they could do to promote this new economy.

Strider

This update is soooooo good. The material economy is exactly what I dreamed of.

Destiny was just too grindy before. This is so much better.

So my maxed exotic armour piece I used instead of a raid item I didn't max will now bring me down?

That's not the case on my end. Anything maxed before should stay maxed.

Lol yeah I said it based on the patch notes because they didn't mentioned they fixed it, but I tested it.

Thorn is the best PVP handcannon again, and is better than ever. 9 magazine, faster reload (still a bit slow) and the 7 DOT / 2 shot kill is back! Hip fire accuracy also feels better but hard to say.

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
A loot system that isnt hopeless. I will likely never get the Vex despite having 3 characters doing hard raid every week for over a month and 1 character doing it from the start.

It's hard to get excited when you are left out of the loot despite doing everything you can.
You didn't suggest anything at all :-/ And it isn't "likely" that you'll never get it, just like it isn't "likely" that you'll get it on any given attempt.

If you aren't having fun playing it then nothing else matters, you shouldn't be playing it.
Thanks for the screw job, Bungle.

Aw, oh well, guess maxed weapons or light aren't going to be my thing.
You must have a lot of exotics saved up.
ray of sunshine over here
Meh. You can farm 16 mats quicker than doing a 28 daily.
intensive facepalm

Come on fellas! There is some big-time good stuff here!

Then Bungie is vindicated in my eyes. Glad our gimped weapon is back. Still pissed it wasn't fixed for Iron Banner though.

Now in an ironic twist of fate I'm sure I'll die from it constantly in PvP now.

Wait, seriously? It's 7 DoT in Crucible? I would be so happy

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
oh good, hawkswinstanley doesn't have to quit.

I can tell you right now that at this moment Thorn is OP. You have all reaped what you have sown!

firehawk12

Subete no aware
you haven't done them? just daily missions like with Weekly except easier and shorter.
The patch says those are different:

Daily Heroic Story

Destination Materials now drop from completing the Daily Heroic

Bounties

Removed the ‘Relic Hunter’ Bounty
Destination Materials now drop from completing the Daily Patrol Bounty

I don't think I've heard "Daily Patrol Bounty" used before.

Good to hear. I was already dominating with Thorn a few months ago, it'll be even easier now.

You didn't suggest anything at all :-/ And it isn't "likely" that you'll never get it, just like it isn't "likely" that you'll get it on any given attempt.

If you aren't having fun playing it then nothing else matters, you shouldn't be playing it.

ray of sunshine over here

intensive facepalm

Come on fellas! There is some big-time good stuff here!

This is the exact issue. People are being left out because of the awful loot system and people who have the gear can't relate.

I have a blast playing this game and never said that once yet you always say that to people when they have an issue with the game. Just stop playing! A little too black and white.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom