• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT11| It goes up to 11!

Status
Not open for further replies.
20 material for 10 crucible marks is DIRT CHEAP, the grind is finally over and that's a shame, I won't be in free roam patrol mode nearly half as often as I used to be now.

Wait. Exotic armour too? So my maxed exotic armour piece I used instead of a raid item I didn't max will now bring me down?

Yes my exotics which used to be maxed out now have their last upgrade blank, and need a new shard piece to complete.

No level 29's for now unless someone finds an exotic shard.

hang on I could be wrong.

I had a lot of luck with a void fusion rifle. Just change your play style to be less aggressive and more defensive. Play a lot of control, hang out at the control points and blast fools that come to take your land. It really only takes a few hours of crucible.

FYI - Xyor took us over an hour. Players without the bounty gain nothing from it. Plan accordingly.
Damn the crucible bit sounds really boring. Don't you also lose points with each death?

Wallach

SGA change is pretty noticeable, but probably not enough to make it into rotation.

MIDA change is WAY more noticeable than I expected. Sound effect seems slightly altered (little bit deeper/punchier), and seems to be very easy to cause stagger in PvE even against dudes like Captains. I swear they also pulled the zoom in a bit or something, but I'm not as sure about that.

Deku Tree

Did they stealth buff the number of planetary materials that spawn. They are all over the moon everywhere right now. Maybe it's because no one is picking them up anymore... Lol.

oh good, hawkswinstanley doesn't have to quit.

I can tell you right now that at this moment Thorn is OP. You have all reaped what you have sown!

You called it, but I'll gladly take that trade off.

I'd rather get wrecked by a weapon people actually had to earn rather than something like Hawkmoon or other random drops. HCs were already great for PvP and people still used auto and fusion rifles as their go-to's, I can't imagine a faster reload and a couple more shots will sway them.

X-Frame

Yes my exotics which used to be maxed out now have their last upgrade blank, and need a new shard piece to complete.

Uhh what .. Is this not happening to everyone? I'm at work so I'm living vicariously through all you right now.

Not to doubt you; but are you actually looking in game? All of my maxed exotics are still maxed. My unleveled stuff needs the new mat.

I had a lot of luck with a void fusion rifle. Just change your play style to be less aggressive and more defensive. Play a lot of control, hang out at the control points and blast fools that come to take your land. It really only takes a few hours of crucible.

FYI - Xyor took us over an hour. Players without the bounty gain nothing from it. Plan accordingly.

wat

It took us like 15min

20 material for 10 crucible marks is DIRT CHEAP, the grind is finally over and that's a shame, I won't be in free roam patrol mode nearly half as often as I used to be now.

Gahhhh what? I thought this wasn't true. Someone needs to confirm this!l

CREMSteve

Only the Vex is at 323 damage, right? So it's now the most powerful weapon in the game in certain scenarios, as it should be. Right?

CLBridges

Very good patch, just spent 100 marks buying materials lol. I'm using an exotic for a slot and still 30, so there shouldn't be any worries there. Still have no interest in Thorn, but good for the folks that like it. Although Vex got bumped up to 323 max I still won't be using it for the new raid, but will max it once Xur comes around. So glad I don't have to farm materials anymore, between three characters and maxing Vanguard marks on each, I'm good (probably will play a little more crucible as a fallback). Overall, good patch prior to DLC.

ok big mistake my fault, my armor set just had the wrong boots on.

I logged in and went wtf on my level 30 warlock, I must have accidentally changed an item of clothing before I logged off last.

I swear that I saw that you need the shard in the tree for armor, let me look at my other items.

wat

It took us like 15min

yeah, you see results all across the board. We weren't camping or hiding anywhere either. Just running around avoiding Phogoth while endless waves of Wizards and thralls came out of the doors and very rarely a ship dropped off some additional troops.

The third ship arrived after an hour.

You called it, but I'll gladly take that trade off.

I'd rather get wrecked by a weapon people actually had to earn rather than something like Hawkmoon or other random drops. HCs were already great for PvP and people still used auto and fusion rifles as their go-to's, I can't imagine a faster reload and a couple more shots will sway them.

That makes no sense lol plus thorn bounty is a random drop. And last night I lost count of how many times I got killed by a plan C. Crucible needs a serious overhaul.

rNilla

This thread right now.

chaos-anchorman-o.gif

Tawpgun

Not like Templar is hard to do legit, just takes a little longer for some people.

I've never beaten him legit, on hard mode that is. Tried once but we failed. I wanted to try again but no one in LFG would ever want to do it.

I was surprised how many cheese him on normal. It's a really fun fight on normal that's not TOO bad.

I guarantee you there are people out there who have NO idea how the templar fight is supposed to work.

Trakan

I still have 3 level 30s.

The mythoclast is shredding, but it's biggest weakness still exists, the fact that you can't carry much reserve ammo. They fixed that on other guns, I'm surprised they didn't here.

Level 28 daily gives you 16 materials of the planet the mission is on.

zewone

ray of sunshine over here

intensive facepalm

Come on fellas! There is some big-time good stuff here!
As much as you want to pat Bungie on the back for this update, and I agree that this update is good, I'm not going to pretend this change isn't a kick in the balls.

If their update last week had mentioned this instead of being totally useless (hey guys its thanksgiving, buy our t-shirts) I wouldn't even be that upset. This would have given me the opportunity to max out as many exotics as I could before this terrible change. But now the news hits when I'm at work with no chance to try and make the best of it.

Provide me with opportunity to exchange ass material for the stupid new upgrade material at the very least.

timnich

So what's the new purpose of ascendant materials? Only used for legendaries? And are all my previously maxed out exotics no longer maxed out...? I spent so much time earning all those ass mats!

Ok so if you don't have a maxed piece of exotic ARMOR you will need a shard.

If you have maxed exotic ARMOR right now, you get to keep all the upgrades.

yeah, you see results all across the board. We weren't camping or hiding anywhere either. Just running around avoiding Phogoth while endless waves of Wizards and thralls came out of the doors and very rarely a ship dropped off some additional troops.

The third ship arrived after an hour.

Yeah.... Ok maybe not quite 15 mins, but well under an hour

We just hid in the cheese room. Eventually Xyor came to us - we didn't even realize we had killed him until we got the bounty completed notification.

rNilla

i think that only applies to a few Gaffers here. i think most are happy about it.

I'm more referring to the complete chaotic spread of misinformation, rampant speculation and baseless panic rather than people's thoughts on the actual content of the patch, but yeah.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom