• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT11| It goes up to 11!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow this update. Guess it's time to pop this game back into my PS4. Guess it's also time to do that Thorn bounty.

Speaking of which, can you guys recommend the best method in doing the void portion of that bounty?

oh good, hawkswinstanley doesn't have to quit.

I can tell you right now that at this moment Thorn is OP. You have all reaped what you have sown!

Happy-excited-gif.gif

LiK

The patch says those are different:

Daily Heroic Story

Destination Materials now drop from completing the Daily Heroic

Bounties

Removed the ‘Relic Hunter’ Bounty
Destination Materials now drop from completing the Daily Patrol Bounty

I don't think I've heard "Daily Patrol Bounty" used before.

oh, so i guess just harder versions of the Daily? maybe we can choose higher difficulties there now.

The "daily patrol" is actually the one bounty that's like "Do 6 Patrols here!"

there's gonna be harder versions? i wouldn't mind.

Just need one exotic shard to max out my Vex and i'll be set. Glad I have a shit ton of coins saved up.

Now Xur just needs to sell the Horn....

Jinjo

oh, so i guess just harder versions of the Daily? maybe we can choose higher difficulties there now.

Daily patrol bounty is "do 6 patrol missions on planet x" bounty. It just gave me 10 mats per completed bounty.

They don't retroactively degrade your exotics do they? Please say no...I already disabled all my unwanted exotics because...well...I didn't want them :/

No; all of your previously maxed exotics stayed maxed. The new material is only for unmaxed exotic weapons or armor. Raid/legendary gear still uses the mats.

LiK

i'm pretty surprised at the buffs for Plan C, cuz that FR is already beastly in PVP. now it's even better.

LordofPwn

I haven't confirmed with casmith or yzenup yet so you will be the first replacement for sure if one of them can't make it.

Sweeeet. I'll have my first character ready and online by reset incase they can't make it. 3x3x3 should only take 3 hours if that right?

Wow this update. Guess it's time to pop this game back into my PS4. Guess it's also time to do that Thorn bounty.

Speaking of which, can you guys recommend the best method in doing the void portion of that bounty?

I rocked the comedian, played like a chicken, and avoided big maps. Did that portion within a day. Played it hella lame. Not my proudest moment but had to do it.

Okay, I'll give you that, but my experience has showed that anything can accidentally kill someone. Plus if this encounter takes even longer now, it's just gone be frustrating repeating it over and over again. But then again, we were having bad luck that day. I guess anyone can get sick of it if made to do it like ten times in a day....

With all the harpies flying around and the detain shields, I would definitely institute a "no rockets" policy for flawless Templar. I really don't think legit takes much if any longer than cheese, it will just be more interesting now so it might actually make repeating runs better.

Easy Templar Flawless Strat

1.)Group up by cave on right side. Ignore oracles and cleanse everyone when marked (same as cheese, basically).
2.) Titan Defenders pop both WoL and BoL Wards of Dawn with perk that spawns Orbs when taking damage.
3.) Relic holder has nearly constant Super energy to take down shield.
4.) Maxed Found Verdict for detain shields. Maxed Icebreakers for Templar. Templar cries.

shem935

Banned
No; all of your previously maxed exotics stayed maxed. The new material is only for unmaxed exotic weapons or armor. Raid/legendary gear still uses the mats.

No. Still 30 here without all the raid gear.

Could be a glitch that screwed them over.

Okay that's good. :) guess I will need to farm some coins and save up for Xur this friday. Glad he will be relevant again, outside of the obvious Ghorn sale this friday.
#Believe

Frenden

Banned
I just upgraded all the exotics sitting in my vault to all but their final exotic upgrade mat from Xur.

This changes everything.

Sullichin

Uh, don't know what people are talking about being bumped from 30. My Warlock is still level 30, with a mix of exotic/raid/IB armor.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
This is the exact issue. People are being left out because of the awful loot system and people who have the gear can't relate.
The weapon that started this conversation is intended to be one of the rarest and most coveted in the game. I'm asking for your solution to this problem.

I have a blast playing this game and never said that once yet you always say that to people when they have an issue with the game. Just stop playing! A little too black and white.
I have issues with this game. plenty of them. And I've heard the argument you just made before about plenty of games. If we're going to do this let's do it.
Maybe one day they will fix the loot system and make it so people can play for fun and not RNG, OCD and being left out.
That's you saying that. Not me saying you're saying that. It's your claim. You argue pretty unequivocally that because of the loot system, some people can't play for fun and instead are playing for other reasons. My counterargument is that if that's happening you shouldn't be playing at all. It is, to me, in this context, black and white.

I'm not telling you to stop playing, I'm advocating a change in perspective. Do you have Fatebringer by any chance?
there's gonna be harder versions? i wouldn't mind.
I'm getting confused, but just to be clear, I think it means you get some materials for beating the "do 6 patrols" bounty each day.

I had a lot of luck with a void fusion rifle. Just change your play style to be less aggressive and more defensive. Play a lot of control, hang out at the control points and blast fools that come to take your land. It really only takes a few hours of crucible.

FYI - Xyor took us over an hour. Players without the bounty gain nothing from it. Plan accordingly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom