• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT11| It goes up to 11!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Main questions still lingering after these patch notes and The Dark Below being imminent:

-What time will The Dark Below launch?
-Will ascendant materials be used for the legendary gear in The Dark Below?
-Will legendary weapons get any sort of buff? Many are in dire need, too much of a focus on exotics.
-Will exotics in The Dark Below require one of the new mats that were data mined? Basically the equal to this exotic shard Xur will now sell?
-Will exotics need no planetary mats like they have changed to for OG Destiny exotics?

Temujen

Neo Member
But shouldn't the exotic armor have been upgraded to 36 light? Or will that only happen for people who get the expansion? Has to be - otherwise exotic armor will become irrelevant once the new gear arrives.

It isn't really a nerf for Hawkmoon. It had two upgrades in the same tree that did almost exactly the same thing.

It's not necessarily an overall nerf (could be a buff even) but it is a slight "range nerf."

I'm interested to see how fast the reload can be with that perk and my gauntlets that have increased HC reload. But with the 13 magazine the reload is very rarely a problem, and the range was so fantastic. Probably still will be though.

20 material for 10 crucible marks is DIRT CHEAP, the grind is finally over and that's a shame, I won't be in free roam patrol mode nearly half as often as I used to be now.

Yes my exotics which used to be maxed out now have their last upgrade blank, and need a new shard piece to complete.

No level 29's for now unless someone finds an exotic shard.

hang on I could be wrong.

Hahahaha making me go nuts here!

I'm just drooling at the Ahamkara's Spine synergy that Plan C and PI will have after. This is going to be amazing.

*brofist*

It's only increased against PVE, I'm talking about PVP

Omg. 7 DOT ON THORN

So what're the PVE / PVP #s on Thorn DOT? Techincally, if it was said that the initial nerf to 3 for DOT was a mistake, would it be possible PVE DOT is > than 7, and PVP DOT is reverted back to 7?

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
So the Daily Heroic offers planet material, but it removes the marls +5 from it =/

That's roughly 35 Vanguard marks every week to make up

Nightfall nets you +15, Weekly +10, then Gold Public Time Event combined nets you +6 daily
You will be short roughly 20-40 if you miss out on PTE Golds

Hmm...

Not a huge burden to overcome, but I really did do the dailies for the marks lol
Would hit Vanguard cap by like Thursday the earliest, Saturday the latest, might have to adjust some things to maximize it

Nah, that's not exactly what happened.

Send It (which was the go-to mod for Hawkmoon) was replaced with Speed Reload, which wasn't an option before. So if you had Send It picked and don't touch it, it lost some range but gained reload speed. You can swap to Hammer Forged and regain basically all but a tiny sliver of the lost range. It's actually an interesting choice. I have gloves that buff HC reload speed as well.

Thanks, that makes more sense. Gonna' have to log in and check all of this out for myself, I do believe I had Send It picked for the Hawk

Going to be interesting to see what everyone's top 5 HCs look like within a couple of weeks haha

spyder_ur

So unless I'm missing something, you can now turn vanguard marks into crucible marks by trading for mats and then back, right?

Trying to do the math, but if I traded 50 crucible marks for 100 relic iron, I could turn around and flip the relic iron to the vanguard vendor for, what, 10 marks?

I guess that's not that good anyways.

Deku Tree

So the Daily Heroic offers planet material, but it removes the marls +5 from it =/

Nightfall nets you +15, Weekly +10, then Gold Public Time Event combined nets you +6 daily

Hmm...

Nobody does the daily around here anymore anyway.

Wow. . best patch in a long time. All of the exotics I have received great buffs. Now I want Hawkmoon even more. Also what happens now to all of my ass shards?

Sullichin

Hmm. Range or reload?

It reloads about a second or so faster but that range. I can't decide.

I'd probably still go hammer forged on Hawkmoon. I like to make sure that I (likely) shot my bonus damage bullets before reloading when possible. 13 mag means you don't need to reload it constantly really. Having fast reload is nice though, I'll definitely try it out. Should be amazing with Chain of Woe.

Tried Monte Carlo for half a Rumble match. It definitely seems way more stable and easier to get kills with. Don't have any upgrades for it yet though.

Shito

Hmm...
Bleh, that change sucks a bit. The dailies were my main source of marks...

noomi

Is it true that the daily heroic no longer gives vanguard marks after the update, only planetary materials?

nowai

Looks like the Juju's awful distracting green flame has been toned down. That alone is a buff. That business was awful before when you panned right.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
You don't have this yet? Crazy rng. I can't seem to run a raid without it dropping. It is very nice in PvP.
It's so nice being on the receiving end especially! ;)

From the raid, I'm still missing Praedyth's Timepiece, Found Verdict, Praetorian Foil and of course Fatebringer

Sullichin

Very minor though. I doubt the difference will be noticeable.

Yeah. If they're going to nerf Hawkmoon, at least it's a very minor nerf on a redunant upgrade, while replacing it with a new option.

Excellent patch! So goddamn happy about Thorn I won't stop talking about it. Excited to try out a bunch of other exotics now too. Glad I have my favorites maxed out now, though.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Seems explicitly wrong from the reward screen.
B3yypxiCIAAEvt1.jpg:large

CornDogg

Exciting patch. Can't wait to get home and try things out.

I also really need to finish the Thorn bounty. I'm about halfway through the PvP part...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom