• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT11| It goes up to 11!

Status
Not open for further replies.
This thread right now.

chaos-anchorman-o.gif

To be fair these are big changes, after the mammoth content prep update last week you would expect big changes to happen then, not in some monday lunchtime in-game update.

OMG! Reload buff on Hawkmoon, muah! :*
Thorn! 3x61 poison damage! Reload speed, 9 bullets! Muah! :*

Hand cannon users rejoice! Thorn is so much fun to use now.

Alric

Out of curiosity what happens with all the ascendant materials I have as they are no longer used for upgrading exotic weapons?

Time to max out Thorn, Truth, Red Death, Bad JuJu, Hard Light, MIDA Tool, Plan C, Pocket Infinity, Invective, Patience and Time, and Super Good Advice.

#FirstWorldProblems

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Definitely a glitch. All my exotic armor and weapons that were maxed remain maxed post patch.
...yeah. same
If your already 30 (as you are 2x) then you don't get demoted.

Indeed, let's not flip our shit here
Gahhhh what? I thought this wasn't true. Someone needs to confirm this!l
ummmm. confirmed.

You understand there'd be almost no level 30s in the entire game if it worked that way right?

LiK

I'm more referring to the complete chaotic spread of misinformation, rampant speculation and baseless panic rather than people's thoughts on the actual content of the patch, but yeah.

hah, that's true. altho their patch notes seem more clear to me than a lot of their previous posts in the past.

Fuck, not level 30 any more because of those stupid exotic shards.

One chance I am not agreeing with, not this deep into the game...

Wait. Exotic armour too? So my maxed exotic armour piece I used instead of a raid item I didn't max will now bring me down?

If you have an Exotic maxed already, it doesn't revert. I have an exotic helm that was maxed pre-update to hit 30 and I'm still 30. My exotic weapons that were maxed are still maxed as well.

How is Bad Juju post buff? I have the bounty collecting dust in my inventory. Wondering if I should make a push on it now.

I just did the Daily Heroic Story with it on Level 28. It's definitely viable for PvE at least. The auto-reload perk and larger clip allowed me to just hold it down in some sections where I was popping heads like crazy.

X-Frame

Anyone realize that The Last Word now sits in your characters side holster in the Tower and not awkwardly on their back?

Apparently only works on Hunters though. Can anyone confirm?

SharkJAW

I can buy mats now?! Finally! I can hit 30 on my last char. I needed 160 Relic Iron, but now I don't have to waste all that time. All I hope for now is eventually getting hawkmoon.

CREMSteve

I know equipping Icebreaker and letting it regen ammo and then swapping to another weapon gives you full ammo for it.

Does the same apply to the Invective? I've had it all this time and never thought to try it, lol.

Ambitious

Damn. Most of the gear and weapons I planned to max are almost fully upgraded, so I'm going to need lots of exotic shards. But I don't have any exotic weapons to dismantle and I've got only 18 coins..

Anyone tried scrapping an exotic weapon yet? How many shards do you get?

That makes no sense lol plus thorn bounty is a random drop. And last night I lost count of how many times I got killed by a plan C. Crucible needs a serious overhaul.

Well of course, everything in this game is purely random. But you at least have to work for Thorn. There's no other way to get it. It's about as far from random as you can get in this game. Meanwhile I can fire up a game of crucible, set my controller down, and then come back 15 minutes later to see Hawkmoon in my inventory.

Two exotic HCs with two completely opposite ways of earning them. Getting killed by someone who put the time in for that BS grind of a bounty eases the pain more than some dipshit who lucked his way into it.

Trakan

Anyone realize that The Last Word now sits in your characters side holster in the Tower and not awkwardly on their back?

Apparently only works on Hunters though. Can anyone confirm?

Just tested on my hunter. Thorn and TLW are now on the side holster.

Engrams give half what they used to.

I know equipping Icebreaker and letting it regen ammo and then swapping to another weapon gives you full ammo for it.

Does the same apply to the Invective? I've had it all this time and never thought to try it, lol.

I believe it's half ammo if you switch weapons. Not sure about Invective though.

Jinjo

Finally. I can play strikes again instead of farming. Only need glimmer but that's easy to using the glimmer buffs while playing strikes.

Deku Tree

So 16 Spirit bloom for doing the daily 28 today... Looks like a reason to start doing the daily again.

I have a lot of stuff I want to upgrade now... But lol now I need to seriously start farming glimmer first.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Honestly I'm not sure why you would use Invective over Found Verdict. Ammo regen is useless in PVP anyways and it takes up an exotic slot.
I feel like running Invective is kind of a "I'm going nutso with shotguns" choice for the Crucible. I kinda like it. But I agree, Found Verdict (which I don't have) is simply an explicitly better gun in PvP now.
Wait, they increased the reload speed on Hawkmoon?

God damn, that was the only thing keeping it away from being the perfect weapon lol
Nah, that's not exactly what happened.

Send It (which was the go-to mod for Hawkmoon) was replaced with Speed Reload, which wasn't an option before. So if you had Send It picked and don't touch it, it lost some range but gained reload speed. You can swap to Hammer Forged and regain basically all but a tiny sliver of the lost range. It's actually an interesting choice. I have gloves that buff HC reload speed as well.

Feorax

Going to try running the nightfall via remote play, should be an interesting experience...

If anyone wants to jump in, PSN is MattIgoe.

EL CUCO

Just thinking about the 200 marks I've had saved up on both toons for the past month.

BUNGIE, I COULD KISS YOU!

zewone

PSA: LEGENDARY GEAR IS NOT USELESS OR IRRELEVANT AFTER PATCH.

dunno why people think that.
I don't think anyone is stating that.

Legendary gear and guns that are useful are likely upgraded at this point for a lot of posters in this thread.

It's the ass materials that have become much less desirable.

So I never gained any vanguard rep. I'm still at rank 0.

Leveled to 20 in crucible. Bought a faction rep piece at 20. Maxed out my vanguard marks with nothing to spend them on, not wanting to ever level vanguard rep...HOWEVER! Now I can use those marks on mats. Good stuff :)

I feel like running Invective is kind of a "I'm going nutso with shotguns" choice for the Crucible. I kinda like it. But I agree, Found Verdict (which I don't have) is simply an explicitly better gun in PvP now.

You don't have this yet? Crazy rng. I can't seem to run a raid without it dropping. It is very nice in PvP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom