• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT11| It goes up to 11!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daemul

Red Death
Rate of Fire increased slightly, but Burst Damage reduced to compensate

darth-vader-no.jpg

Pickman

I -really- like this new change to the exotic armor/weapons. Now instead of having to burn 8 ascendant shards I don't have as a late comer to raiding, I can just use 7 strange coins which I'm guaranteed from my weekly on the piece to upgrade them. I can finally upgrade my exotic loots on my baby character without feeling like I'm completely neglecting my main!

nowai

Okay, so should I accept the bounty for Juju over Invective in light of this? Am I crazy if I do?

Do you already have Found Verdict?

If yes, Juju I guess if you want to mess about before you use a better gun. >-<

If no, Invective all the way.

....either way, Invective.

EL CUCO

I dont want to hear one complaint about Thorn being OP, Ok? NOT ONE!

If it's killing you alot in PVP, Buff your skills! :p

LiK

I can officially confirm that they are all resting on my Titan's ass.

My friend is upset that it is now obscuring, and I quote, "Scarlet's glorious ass."
I need better friends...

that's good, i need to check if it's fixed for Warlock. lookes so stupid on her back.

patchday

Probably going to be a few weeks before I can return to this game. But sounds like they screwed me on my TLW exotic weapon. It was 2 pips away from max. They should have warned people bout these exotic shards

Do people not realize all Bungie has done is slowed down our progression?? Now we will have to grind those awful ass Weekly missions for strange coins all the time. 9 strange coins x 3 per character

-UNLESS-

The new raid better drop exotic shards. It better drop exotic shards cause grinding the same lame weekly missions got old too me long ago. At least in Nightfall you get increased dmg to Arc or Void.

[edit] Huh, it is only 7 strange coins though so maybe it wont be too bad esp if the new raid drops exotic shards

Steroyd

Oh wow, Super Good Advice is a functional gun now, not exotic slot worthy, but good for whenever Bungie decide to never have Solar Burn.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I -really- like this new change to the exotic armor/weapons. Now instead of having to burn 8 ascendant shards I don't have as a late comer to raiding, I can just use 7 strange coins which I'm guaranteed from my weekly on the piece to upgrade them. I can finally upgrade my exotic loots on my baby character without feeling like I'm completely neglecting my main!
It is indeed fairly well-thought out.

A lot of people here are looking at this patch only from the perspective of "I have all these things right now and I can/can't do all these things right now!" after weeks of stagnation. However, these changes are very good and fair overall for more casual players and those who are further behind and need to make important upgrade decisions that a lot of us made months ago. Players running the daily every day as they level from 20-28, for example, will now have a cache of planetary materials to draw from in upgrading their gear without having necessarily gone out and farmed. 6 coins from the Daily 26 and a stray one here or there and you might not be able to afford Xur's weapon-of-the-week, but you can afford to max out one of your own.

Good stuff.

Well, FV is an auto shotgun (like Invective), so it fills that "need". From my experience, the two are comparable.

I haven't heard much about Bad Juju post patch, so don't know how much help I can be.

Well, I guess I've sat on the Missive for a week now anticipating this patch, I guess I can give it another day or two to see how new and improved people think Juju really is.

nowai

Well, FV is an auto shotgun (like Invective), so it fills that "need". From my experience, the two are comparable.

I haven't heard much about Bad Juju post patch, so don't know how much help I can be.

Aside from the swag factor of Invective, I personally like Found Verdict overall better. Better range and doesn't use an exotic slot.

Invective does look and sound fantastic though. Found Verdict looks awful and sounds like any other shotgun.

zewone

I will have to sacrifice my 5 mythoclasts to the exotic shard gods.

Looking forward to trying out the based Thorn when I get home.

Deku Tree

Probably going to be a few weeks before I can return to this game. But sounds like they screwed me on my TLW exotic weapon. It was 2 pips away from max. They should have warned people bout these exotic shards

Do people not realize all Bungie has done is slowed down our progression?? Now we will have to grind those awful ass Weekly missions for strange coins all the time. 9 strange coins x 3 per character

-UNLESS-

The new raid better drop exotic shards. It better drop exotic shards cause grinding the same lame weekly missions got old too me long ago. At least in Nightfall you get increased dmg to Arc or Void.

I am guessing one exotic shard per raid completion possibly. Also CE raid might drop those Radiant Shard things that Eris also sells.

flkraven

So what's the best way to kill Xyor? I'm a 28 Titan and got to Phogoth room with a level 30 friend of mine, but we kept dying to the trash wizards while trying to repeatedly clear the room.

lunlunqq

Wait! What happened? They really buffed those exotics? I'm stuck in my office now and I can't bring myself to believe you guys... Buffing stuff? That's so not Bungie.

Love this patch!

Just bought loads of upgrade mats and pumping them into weapons. TLW from nothing to maxed with zero farming in a few minutes. Now I need more glimmer

Glad that you still get marks for the dailies, I use public events to grind them moreso anyways, easily get 50 in 1-2 hours.

I am glad the farming changes are here, and all in all a great patch. They really need to fix more of the issues in the VoG however, and it makes me worried CE will suffer similar glitches if they can't fix the ones in VoG almost 3 months later.

Hoping one day RNG can read your previous drops or something to give better drops, looks grim if I will ever get the weapons I've been searching for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom