• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT11| It goes up to 11!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SharkJAW

Thorn is so fun now and I haven't even gotten the stability upgrade yet. :eek: I'm also just now noticing it has the same RoF as TLW. Oh, we're in for some good good fun.

Did my first crucible match with Bad Juju post-patch. It's definitely a viable weapon and the auto-reload on kill makes it pretty nasty. The extended clip is more forgiving and if you're accurate enough it allows you to put a ton of bullets downrange. It also feels more reliable in hip fire than most AR's.

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
While I'm crazy happy about the changes, I wonder why they didn't apply the same mechanic to class materials and weapon parts.

Hiko

Banned
Are fusion rifles the best way to do the Thorn bounty? I have a void 77 wizard. Also have the Epilogue, a void Deviant Gravity A, and Praedyth's Revenge. And do Nova Bombs count towards the kills?

I wanna get that Thorn fast, lol.

I am guessing one exotic shard per raid completion possibly. Also CE raid might drop those Radiant Shard things that Eris also sells.

I can only guess that the Radiant Shards are The Dark Below's equivalent to these Exotic Shards Xur will sell and that you get from sharding exotics.

Wallach

Audio for MIDA Multitool has also been upgraded.

So I'm not crazy, then. Does it seem like they reduced the scope zoom slightly to you? I used to have a bit of a hard time with MIDA in the near-mid range because of how much it zoomed, but now it feels like it handles differently. The stagger upgrade is really noticeable in PvE as well. I may actually run this as my exotic for a while.

It's still the best gun for breaking detainment fields and killing oracles hands down.

Really? I should dust it off. I got Corrective Measure on my first raid or two and its been so good I haven't used anything else as far as MGs. It was fantastic on this weeks Nightfall.

MildSoss

Has any one noticed you don't get a package for doing a public event now? I wonder if it happens now on the spot and some how I missed it.

Are fusion rifles the best way to do the Thorn bounty? I have a void 77 wizard. Also have the Epilogue, a void Deviant Gravity A, and Praedyth's Revenge.

Depends on your playstyle. When you play Crucible and have a good KD ratio, what kind of guns are you using? Now, find those, but with void damage.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
why this is quite a good day

I had 2 out of 3 titan helms (Insurmountable Skullfort and Helm of Saint-14) and 2 helm engrams, I popped one open on my Warlock (hoping for a legendary helm for him) and got
B3y1Xd5CcAEgHuP.jpg:large
then popped the other one and got a legendary helm for him. :D

LiK

Are fusion rifles the best way to do the Thorn bounty? I have a void 77 wizard. Also have the Epilogue, a void Deviant Gravity A, and Praedyth's Revenge.

i did it as a combo depending on maps during IB. Just switch it up and don't die. Hide and turtle round near your teammates if you need to. I found myself being forced to play more cautiously cuz dying is rage-inducing with this bounty.

I used Atheon's Epilogue, Comedian, Final Boss, Corrective Measure. All Void weapons.

So I'm not crazy, then. Does it seem like they reduced the scope zoom slightly to you? I used to have a bit of a hard time with MIDA in the near-mid range because of how much it zoomed, but now it feels like it handles differently. The stagger upgrade is really noticeable in PvE as well. I may actually run this as my exotic for a while.

I loved MIDA first 5 minutes I spent with it. I also have the IB scout to level up, but the RoF is lower and it kicks quite a bit more than the multi tool.

Hyun Sai

Truth can have now 3 rockets in magazine, sooo good, especially with the homing perk.

Suros nerf is negligible in PVE, I didn't really took the risk of letting few rounds in the magazine at high level anyway. New sound is definitely better.

10 marks for 20 materials, mat rewards for daylies and patrol bounty, perfect.

Very good patch overall, nothing to say.

i did it as a combo depending on maps during IB. Just switch it up and don't die. Hide and turtle round near your teammates if you need to. I found myself being forced to play more cautiously cuz dying is rage-inducing with this bounty.

I used Atheon's Epilogue, Comedian, Final Boss, Corrective Measure. All Void weapons.

This

Also, don't bother trying to use your AE if it doesn't have the stability upgrade

Anybody play around with Red Death yet? Definitely my favorite weapon (aesthetically) and I have held onto it upgraded for my titan waiting for it to be a little better.

Is it...viable?

Man, dat Thorn...

Overpenetrates targets dealing damage and posion to all
As reported by another GAFer, it penetrates cabal shields, exposing them to head shots.

I'm in exotic love right now...

nowai

Really? I should dust it off. I got Corrective Measure on my first raid or two and its been so good I haven't used anything else as far as MGs. It was fantastic on this weeks Nightfall.

Yes, it counts shooting detainment fields and oracles as a miss. I virtually never have to reload.

If I don't get ported, I take down all my teammate's shields in a flash and if I'm ported I can solo oracles no problem.

My hard mode raid group puts out enough damage that I can afford using the exotic slot for SGA.

I'm flat broke now. 134 glimmer left after going on an upgrade spree. Guess I'd better start farming glimmer.

Love this update so far. So glad I actually have a use for my marks again.

LordofPwn

monte carlo is fun as hell, melee reset procs all the time. throwing knives galore
Was always fun, but now, now knives everywhere. really need to try Monte Carlo with flame shield. could be a decent build.
I just got the Motes of Light grimoire card. This one was bugged, I think. Glad they fixed it.
YES!!!!! have they fixed the other planet cards? and i still need Siege Dancers...
there are so many fucking things to try now
I don't have time to explain why i don't have time to try these all out today...

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Anybody play around with Red Death yet? Definitely my favorite weapon (aesthetically) and I have held onto it upgraded for my titan waiting for it to be a little better.

Is it...viable?
I bet it's still viable. It really was deceptively good before. Its unique mod remains amazing.

Ghazi

I hope the patch makes it possible to get exotic drops, now. Also, gotta start leveling up my Thorn, I guess.

How does the shard thing work for people with fullyupgraded exotics?

Yes, it counts shooting detainment fields and oracles as a miss. I virtually never have to reload.

If I don't get ported, I take down all my teammate's shields in a flash and if I'm ported I can solo oracles no problem.

My hard mode raid group puts out enough damage that I can afford using the exotic slot for SGA.

Oh cool. I'll give it a try next raid, thanks.

Zakalwe

Banned
Again, what's the point of the DoT if I'm just going to finish them off with the third shot anyway? Reload speed and a bigger clip aren't going to give me that kill when someone hides after the first couple shots like it used to. The gun isn't unique anymore, it's just like everything else.

Didn't Deej specifically say it was going to be fixed though in his weekly write up? I'm starting to think he didn't say "5" by accident. I wonder if they're just changing it to 5 to make up for the buffs. In my experience 5 would probably work to help finish people off.

4 body shots is a kill
3 and run is what it was before

Or you could just two and headshot instead. It gives you the option.

All I'm saying is try it before you cry foul.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I hope the patch makes it possible to get exotic drops, now. Also, gotta start leveling up my Thorn, I guess.

How does the shard thing work for people with fullyupgraded exotics?
Anything fully upgraded is just still fully upgraded. Basically, all the bubbles that were filled in before are still filled in. Ones that weren't filled in are all changed.

LordofPwn

How often did this happen? Because I recently was using it and would constantly need 4 bursts.
All the time for me. destroys on blind watch when you control the hallway up top from C to B. if all 6 shots are headshots its a kill. way better than Suros imo.

Is it...viable?
Red Death was the best Pulse Rifle in the game. havent tried it since update today though.

Although I shouldn't be calling Master Rahool a dick.. That dude's bestowed me Monte Carlo, my first Suros Regime, Gjallarhorn, Patience and Time..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom