• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT11| It goes up to 11!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zakalwe

Banned
I bet it's still viable. It really was deceptively good before. Its unique mod remains amazing.

It was never that great in pvp simply because the low rate or fire couldn't handle multiple targets and the map design made close and mid range encounters with multiple targets too frequent.

Long rang eights against single targets it excelled, but the map design didn't let it excel often enough.

Bizazedo

But didn't they say that all exotic guns would stay relevant for future raids? So the attack rating on all exotic guns should be raised to 320+. Otherwise the raid weapons will make them completely irrelevant.

I haven't seen anyone comment on this / answer it. That being said, it won't matter really for PvP except for IB.

Maybe.

So how long until some of these buffs get nerfed?

Depends if everyone goes Thorn crazy. That and, potentially, SGA seem like prime candidates for a Crucible nerf so far. Depends how it plays out in reality versus theory, though.

Don't speak of such heresy.
Grab your pants, you know it's coming :).

I bet it's still viable. It really was deceptively good before. Its unique mod remains amazing.

I actually think it was better before this patch. But maybe I just have to spend some more time with it.

Yeah, I enjoyed it pre-patch but didn't feel like it could hold its own in my exotic slot. I thought just a small increase in rate of fire would have made it very usable, but having them counter that with a damage decrease kinda begs the question...why?

hydruxo

Damn Suros is fun as hell now haha. Can't comment on how it performs in PVP now but the sound of the fire and sped up RoF feels way better.

Ghazi

Anything fully upgraded is just still fully upgraded. Basically, all the bubbles that were filled in before are still filled in. Ones that weren't filled in are all changed.
Damn, wish I had upgraded more things. Also, I'm pissed because I was almost done on the last bubble of my P&T and now I can't upgrade it :(

Wallach

Collecting stuff I've noticed not in patch notes:

- Some weapon sound effect tweaks (MIDA, Suros ADS, basic Pulse Rifle)

- Pocket Infinity ADS view has changed, now blocks much less of the center of the screen (edit - google sez this may have been in 1.0.3, I haven't used it since then)

- Pocket Infinity charge time is bugged on all shots after the first after equipping it; it's about 1/3rd normal charge time after your first shot.

Daemul

But can it still 2 shot in PVP?

I'm try it out in PvP in a few minutes once I finish buy all these materials on my alts.

How often did this happen? Because I recently was using it and would constantly need 4 bursts.

Precision shots. Always go for precision shots.

Anybody play around with Red Death yet? Definitely my favorite weapon (aesthetically) and I have held onto it upgraded for my titan waiting for it to be a little better.

Is it...viable?

It was always viable, you just had to use it like a HC and go for precisions shots and most enemies would go down in a couple of bursts, including players in the Crucible. The damage reduction is unneeded, if they wanted to have a useful trade off than they could have given it better range and stability, not a useless rate of fire increase.

Zakalwe

Banned
I see some changes such as Mytho at higher damage but Truth only has two in the tube as far as I can see.

Are we still waiting for all changes to be applied? Safe to dismantle exotics yet?

It was already rough returning to work after Thanksgiving, but it's even harder now with all these updates!

I want to play with my Thorn and Pocket Infinity!

Extremly disapointed in the Vex buff. Ammo is still an issue its pointless to use since you will run out of ammo if you dont get lucky with drops. Guess it will go back in the vault :(

nowai

It was never that great in pvp simply because the low rate or fire couldn't handle multiple targets and the map design made close and mid range encounters with multiple targets too frequent.

Long rang eights against single targets it excelled, but the map design didn't let it excel often enough.

Man, I could not disagree more!

It was an absolute beast in PvP before. I could routinely tank multiple people without fear knowing I could land four headshots and then get full health.

Next to Hawkymoons it was my fav gun for PvP...dreading to see how many shots it takes now to kill.

Zocano

It's fun waking up to a Destiny update.

Tomorrow's raiding will be fun now that Templar cheese is done.

Thorn looks way OP but I'm gonna have to give it a test run to see.

I better still be able to Two Shot with Red Death ): But faster RoF is nice.

Fitts

Oh damn! Just read the patch notes and seen a comment saying Thorn DoT was restored for PvP. Can't wait to try it out and compare it to Hawkmoon.

I seen Mythoclast got its PvE buff. It didn't get improved for PvP, did it?

zewone

All the time for me. destroys on blind watch when you control the hallway up top from C to B. if all 6 shots are headshots its a kill. way better than Suros imo.

Precision shots. Always go for precision shots.
Ah, I was always going for dick shots for the lulz. I'll try this.
Damn Suros is fun as hell now haha. Can't comment on how it performs in PVP now but the sound of the fire and sped up RoF feels way better.

They sped up the RoF? God, I wanted to see less of this gun.

E92 M3

Extremly disapointed in the Vex buff. Ammo is still an issue its pointless to use since you will run out of ammo if you dont get lucky with drops. Guess it will go back in the vault :(

I used the Vex a lot and never had ammo issues. The weapon hits like a truck so ammo isn't a huge concern.

SharkJAW

Having a good amount of fun with Thorn. I love that it feels like it can actually go head to head with TLW. If Thorn were to get nerfed, it would make TLW the clear favorite again, rather than it being a toss-up between the two. I haven't trued Hawkmoon, so I can't comment on it.

Deku Tree

I used the Vex a lot and never had ammo issues. The weapon hits like a truck so ammo isn't a huge concern.

Yes you just have to pay attention and let go of the trigger once your enemy is down.

The rate of fire could be slowed down slightly IMO and it would still be almost just as deadly and it would hold AMMO for longer.

I just did the Daily with it. Ammo is fine. It shreds through enemies so I've been picking up ammo for it throughout the entire thing.

Strider

How is the Monte Carlo now? Is it a viable option or still borderline useless?

I just used it for the daily. It's ok but it in no way is worth your exotic slot for harder activities.
I'll try it out in PvP later but I'm betting it's ok at best there.

the melee does proc a good bit though which can make for many throwing knife kills :D

Zakalwe

Banned
I see some changes such as Mytho at higher damage but Truth only has two in the tube as far as I can see.

Are we still waiting for all changes to be applied? Safe to dismantle exotics yet?

Anyone?

Want to max my Mytho but need an exotic shard...

Feorax

Ugh, this Nightfall is rage-inducing.

I'm in the room decoding the runes, but I've got this one Knight that just won't die. Every time
I do any sort of damage to him, the prick puts up his shield to heal himself, then runs off and hides. Been at this about 20 mins now,

Feel as though I probably shouldnt bother tbh.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
- Pocket Infinity ADS view has changed, now blocks much less of the center of the screen (edit - google sez this may have been in 1.0.3, I haven't used it since then)

- Pocket Infinity charge time is bugged on all shots after the first after equipping it; it's about 1/3rd normal charge time after your first shot.
These two were in the preceding patch, damnit that the bug wasn't fixed. You can resolve by unequipping and requipping.

Stantron

Sounds like a great patch, but I'm a bit salty about not getting a warning to use my ascendant materials to max upgrade my exotics. Now I'll need to grind for those exotic shards. Serves me right for not upgrading when I had the chance I guess.

spyder_ur

I'm curious if they will change any of the drops for the raid and nightfall? I doubt it, but shards and energy just became an even worse reward.

Wallach

These two were in the preceding patch, damnit that the bug wasn't fixed. You can resolve by unequipping and requipping.

I think in attempting to fix one bug they created another; I'm saying it charges ~3x faster after your first shot. I would expect to see a lot of Pocket Infinity in Crucible for a while.

so happy i have Thorn now. need to get that DoT upgrade.

i only saw one change in notes for Suros and it's for something i rarely use. still pretty powerful but less powerful than the other exotics in comparison now.

The glass half full perk added a significant damage boost as your magazine emptied. On legendaries that perk seems useless since the damage gained is barely noticeable. If you ask me that's a significant nerf for the suros. In PVP it was needed but in PVE that perk was pretty cool. Going up against tougher enemies you could always count on getting the kill before having to reload. They took that away from the suros and made it a more ordinary weapon. I don't really use the suros anymore but still I think it's unfortunate for PVE

Ugh, this Nightfall is rage-inducing.

I'm in the room decoding the runes, but I've got this one Knight that just won't die. Every time
I do any sort of damage to him, the prick puts up his shield to heal himself, then runs off and hides. Been at this about 20 mins now,

Feel as though I probably shouldnt bother tbh.

Been there. It's kind of amazing how much easier it is with more people. I really hope Bungie takes a look at solo strike difficulty after they increased it last patch.

It's still the best gun for breaking detainment fields and killing oracles hands down.

Any exotic is terrible for this. Found Verdict is easily the best oracle killer in the game, especially since it leaves your exotic slot open for more important things like GHorn'ing Atheon's dumb face. If you don't have GH, then Corrective Measure for oracles and Ice Breaker for A's df.

You can solo oracles on hard Atheon with 14 FV shells.

Dante316

So I never realized, but dualshock 4 light bar is blue with full health, red when u get hit and die, and yellow when you have a super.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom