• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT11| It goes up to 11!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So the Vex was the only weapon buffed to 300+ damage? Making it the only weapon that will be useful in the long term for The Dark Below?

Zocano

Took me around 6-7 matches in IB, but it was hell. I like to rush guys, not stay back like a chump. :p

Xyor too but Jinjo and I did it with no issues..

Fusion Rifles are wonderful weapons. Don't have to be as close as a shotgun.

Deku Tree

I'm still salty that I dismantled one exotic weapon and two exotic armor pieces just a few days ago... Wish I had those three exotic shards today rather than a bigger pile of ascendant mats a few days ago.

Ugh, this Nightfall is rage-inducing.

I'm in the room decoding the runes, but I've got this one Knight that just won't die. Every time
I do any sort of damage to him, the prick puts up his shield to heal himself, then runs off and hides. Been at this about 20 mins now,

Feel as though I probably shouldnt bother tbh.

If you have Corrective Measure MG it will eat his lunch just hold fast. Will shoot right through that shield he puts up..

zewone

Any exotic is terrible for this. Found Verdict is easily the best oracle killer in the game, especially since it leaves your exotic slot open for more important things like GHorn'ing Atheon's dumb face. If you don't have GH, then Corrective Measure for oracles and Ice Breaker for A's df.

You can solo oracles on hard Atheon with 14 FV shells.

Jeeze. I've never heard of anyone using a shotgun with Atheon.

What do you use when you run out of horn?

spyder_ur

I'm still salty that I dismantled one exotic weapon and two exotic armor pieces just a few days ago... Wish I had those three exotic shards today rather than a bigger pile of ascendant mats a few days ago.

Yeah, that's a tough one.

This will hurt some people but I'll be dismantling my second G'horn and Hawkmoon tonight. Glad I waited - couldn't bring myself to do it before.

R0ckman

So the Vex was the only weapon buffed to 300+ damage? Making it the only weapon that will be useful in the long term for The Dark Below?

Don't get how you jumped to that conclusion, a weapon becoming better than everything else does not equal everything else becomes trash.

spyder_ur

I'm kind of happy about the Templar fix. Every group I was with seemed to want to cheese him, and I like the fight. Thank god for Hawk's newbie raid or I don't know if I would've known how to do it the normal way.

E92 M3

holy shit my pocket infinity charge rate with extra mag is near instant rofl, anyone else see this?

Don't get how you jumped to that conclusion, a weapon becoming better than everything else does not equal everything else becomes trash.

Weapons with a max damage of 300 will be useful for normal Crota raid, but that will be the ceiling about. The Vex will be viable for hard mode as well.

zewone

That's what I find peculiar about people who think that current exotics need to go past 300.

Damage to enemies is mainly based off your level in comparison to theirs.

phen0m24

The more I learn in this thread the more I want to try a raid or some
additional, I haven't forgotten our Zyor event
game-time with you Dr. Drizzay!!

Templar method
Oracle solo-ing

Egads man! The Dr. Is In!

:)

Feorax

Been there. It's kind of amazing how much easier it is with more people. I really hope Bungie takes a look at solo strike difficulty after they increased it last patch.

God I hope so.

Took him down and now 2 more have shown up. Yay.

If you have Corrective Measure MG it will eat his lunch just hold fast. Will shoot right through that shield he puts up..

Im using Defiant Gravity-A, which is a great help, but the ammo just isn't lasting.

Took me around 6-7 matches in IB, but it was hell. I like to rush guys, not stay back like a chump. :p

Xyor too but Jinjo and I did it with no issues..

At the time when people were starting to get the exotic bounties a lot of people were still lower levels. I had a really rough time with the Xyor fight but then again I think I was level 26 or 27 and the highest guy in our group was a 28. Now a lot of people are saying they flew through it but I think a lot of them either cheesed it or were 29 or 30s.

inb4 an avalanche of people saying they solo'd it at rank 25.

Stantron

There should be a way to trade ~18+ ascendent mats for 1 exotic shard to compensate. /salty

LordofPwn

Just did some math. I can buy 1120 mats, i should never have to farm mats ever again. the 1120 can upgrade all of my exotics i currently have up to the last node. now i only need to farm glimmer.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I think in attempting to fix one bug they created another; I'm saying it charges ~3x faster after your first shot. I would expect to see a lot of Pocket Infinity in Crucible for a while.
oh, just tested it

this is huge and pocket infinity is ridiculously broken right now, probably the best weapon in the game

I just got Thorn the other day, so this patch is good timing. I'm also just so ecstatic about being able to buy materials - that was by far my biggest complaint.

Now I just wish that I could somehow get something other than the same three exotic bounties every time. One day...

Heavy ammo synth. should only need 2 portal runs with a Horn. Hell you might even get lucky with sups dropping heavy.

This, the only synths worth buying

I just got Thorn the other day, so this patch is good timing. I'm also just so ecstatic about being able to buy materials - that was by far my biggest complaint.

Now I just wish that I could somehow get something other than the same three exotic bounties every time. One day...

Yes! I've gotten the Thorn, Invective, and Bad Juju bounty sets 6 times. Never gotten Pocket Infinity :(

R0ckman

Why doesn't bungie explain some of the weapons before agreeing to nerf or buff complaints? Like although the thorn could have used a little boost, people eventually found out how to use it, long after Bungie agreed to buffing it due to quick complaints.

Why doesn't bungie explain some of the weapons before agreeing to nerf or buff complaints? Like although the thorn could have used a little boost, people eventually found out how to use it, long after Bungie agreed to buffing it due to quick complaints.

What would we do with our time then, if not trying to find logic and rationale in Bungie's patchnotes?

zewone

oh, just tested it

this is huge and pocket infinity is ridiculously broken right now, probably the best weapon in the game
PI is going to broken for awhile. Might be the go to for PVP now.
Heavy ammo synth. should only need 2 portal runs with a Horn. Hell you might even get lucky with sups dropping heavy.

Right, but synth isn't always available. depending on your timer. running shotgun seems crazy to me.

Fixed1979

I've been struggling to play this game for the past couple of weeks, now I can't wait to get off work to play again knowing that I don't have to do chest runs anymore. All the other changes are excellent, but that part of the game was really killing it for me.

What a difference a patch can make. I went from completely spent on Destiny to super exited today. Last week I had no desire to jump on recently because of all the endless grinding I had in store for me to begin to enjoy the cache of exotics I have sitting un touched. Now I feel like I have a chance of getting a handful of them fully leveled if not all but the last node leveled. The planetary materials were a huge bummer to farm for me, it was joyless. Now I have a pile of marks to blow! So glad I saved a bunch of marks.

Jeeze. I've never heard of anyone using a shotgun with Atheon.

What do you use when you run out of horn?

I usually don't run out because I always grab the relic if I'm ported, and I usually still have my heavy synth available since its rare to wipe on Atheon these days.

But if I do then I can either switch to IB or rock a primary. VoC does pretty decent damage, etc. Lots of options but Atheon's health is usually so low after the GHs that it doesn't matter much.

Yep, also can get heavy drops from enemies.

I just did the Daily with it. Ammo is fine. It shreds through enemies so I've been picking up ammo for it throughout the entire thing.

Well im running around earth killing lvl 5 fallen and running out of ammo so either im unlucky or you are lucky. I will bring it into a strike tomorrow and we will see.

I really hope there are some 'hidden' effects to this patch. If they leave the raid drop rates as they have been, all the ass.mats I usually get are going to become insulting.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
holy shit my pocket infinity charge rate with extra mag is near instant rofl, anyone else see this?

it's not related to the extended mag, it's working with perfect balance and it's broken. it's unstoppable. running out of ammo if the only thing holding it back from being the most broken weapon in existence. I expect a quick hotfix for it

Just doing the 28 daily with a totally unupgraded Mythoclast (not a single upgrade literally). it tears through everything. so good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom