• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT11| It goes up to 11!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Everyone on reddit is reporting that Pocket Infinity is nerfed by accident, not buffed by accident.

The first normal shot does its normal damage, but if you reload -- your new first shot should do its normal high damage but instead it fires quicker and its first shot is treated like one of the weaker subsequent bursts. Therefore, it's damage once the bug takes hold is much lower.

Can someone test this out in game?
hmmm

I will see about this. can't imagine the 3 blast wouldn't kill in crucible regardless...

k1t4j

Good thing I kept all my duplicate exotics now they serve a purpose.

Just sharded:

universal remote
Mida
Monte Carlo
Truth
Thunderlord
Hawkmoon

To upgrade:

Bad JuJu
Thorn
Truth
TLW

This game has got me good. Now there is a reason to double dip on exotic bounties :)

realcZk

For anyone interested, Mythoblast now has 35 rounds in the mag with extended magazine, and 175 in reserve. Thats 5 reloads before you're out. It's not too bad, I only ran out once when no enemies seemed to drop ANY ammo for me during a tiger strike. I still think more rounds in reserve would be nice. It's pretty solid post-buff, damage is good and its a fun gun.

Luke Smith just tweeted that it's going to start at 30. So dumb. They might have just unsold me on the DLC.

14u372l.png

it's also been said that the raid won't be available at launch but he implies that it will be available at launch (12/9)

Trakan

I read on Reddit that Bad Juju's signature ability gives you as much super energy as an orb of light even when killing just dregs.

Can anyone confirm?

LordofPwn

Haha, I like how you assumed Elin was a guy, I did the same thing.

Makes sense though. Got matched into a tower wtth iRawr and I know we are both in the Midwest.

Wait, you're both in the midwest? So am I! why after all this time playing together am i just now finding this out?

Anyone have a breakdown of the update?

What exotics got buffed? What buffs? Thorn & bad juju?

I'm at work and can't go on anything to find out as the interwebs is so slow :/

The Thorn is really beastly in PvE now, that extra mag size, reload speed and damage over time tick is really good, they fixed shooting through cabal's giant shields also.

Ambitious

My Warlock is so close to level 30.
I've got enough shards.
I've got enough marks to buy materials.
I've got enough coins to buy the one exotic shard I need to max my helmet.

I need 90 more hadronic essences.
Ugh.

Everyone on reddit is reporting that Pocket Infinity is nerfed by accident, not buffed by accident.

The first normal shot does its normal damage, but if you reload -- your new first shot should do its normal high damage but instead it fires quicker and its first shot is treated like one of the weaker subsequent bursts. Therefore, it's damage once the bug takes hold is much lower.

Can someone test this out in game?

First time you use it on a planet it has its normal charge rate (for the first charge). After reloading each charge is super fast.

Using it first time against level 11 Vandals on Venus was doing 150~ damage.
However after reloading and having the bug kick in each burst is doing 77 damage including the first one.

well shit...

edit: changing weapons from inventory and changing back will also "reset" it until the subsequent shots.

hydruxo

Just ran through the daily heroic at level 28 with my maxed Vex and it absolutely wrecks. I was pretty much melting captains and servitors. Dregs/vandals/shanks were one or two shots.

thank you again Boguester

Edit: Beaten. Yeah, what he said. :)

No problem man, I'm just psyched that your kid will be wrecking crazy faces with this buffed Thorn now, its so much fun.

As if I needed another reason to love HCs in this game, Thorn is super fun in PvE now. I love making Strike bosses glow green.

Daemul

For those waiting for news on Red Death, enemies go down in 2.5/3 shots(I still need to properly work out the damage) now, but the rate of fire increase means that those 2.5/3 shots can be released in the same time as two shots previously could, if not a little faster, depending on how fast your trigger finger is. One good thing is now you can use body shots and not have to start worrying about losing gunfights against AR users, I was shitting all over Suro's and Shadow Price users in the matches I played.

Talking about Suros, that gun doesn't take me down anywhere near as fast as it used too, I think it's damage got reduced more than Red Death's did.

I haven't played in a while but I just booted it up to check out the patch and I'm already into it. Looks like I'll be back to this for a while especially with the dlc soon.

X-Frame

First time you use it on a planet it has its normal charge rate (for the first charge). After reloading each charge is super fast.

Using it first time against level 11 Vandals on Venus was doing 200+ damage.
However after reloading and having the bug kick in each burst is doing 77 damage including the first one.

well shit...

edit: changing weapons from inventory and changing back will also "reset" it until the subsequent shots.

Yup, Pocket Infinity is fucked. Hopefully can be hotfixed but I won't hold my breath.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Anyone have a breakdown of the update?

What exotics got buffed? What buffs? Thorn & bad juju?

I'm at work and can't go on anything to find out as the interwebs is so slow :/
These weapons were buffed:

Thorn
Bad Juju
Hard Light
MIDA Multi-Tool
Monte Carlo
Super Good Advice
Vex Mythoclast
Plan C
Invective
Truth

These received side-grades/partial buffs/nerfs/other changes:
Pocket Infinity
Hawkmoon
Red Death
Ice Breaker
Patience and Time

The SUROS "Glass Half Full"-esque ability was nerfed. No other full nerfs.

Pickman

My Warlock is so close to level 30.
I've got enough shards.
I've got enough marks to buy materials.
I've got enough coins to buy the one exotic shard I need to max my helmet.

I need 90 more hadronic essences.
Ugh.

Dude, just do chest circuits farming up mats instead of buying them with Marks. You wanna save marks for the new crucible/vanguard gear coming out next week anyhow.

-----------

Regarding the exotic changes, I'm really excited to check out Super Good Advice post-buff. It used to feel like pissing with a hardon with that fucking thing, so I'm hoping there's some semblance of control now.

LordofPwn

holy shit if so...

Thorn
Bad Juju
Hard Light
MIDA Multi-Tool
Monte Carlo
Super Good Advice
Vex Mythoclast
Plan C
Invective
Truth

Pocket Infinity
Hawkmoon
Red Death
Ice Breaker
Patience and Time

1892.gif

...but where is the buff to Universal Remote?

SkylineRKR

I might return after reading all this. I was fed up with mats farming, fed up by nerfing certain exotics. And Red Death buffed? wow.

Daemul

Thorn
Bad Juju
Hard Light
MIDA Multi-Tool
Monte Carlo
Super Good Advice
Vex Mythoclast
Plan C
Invective
Truth

Pocket Infinity
Hawkmoon
Red Death
Ice Breaker
Patience and Time

That Suros ability must have been broken if nerfing it makes this much of a difference.

Thorn
Bad Juju
Hard Light
Monte Carlo
Super Good Advice
Vex Mythoclast
Plan C
Invective
Truth

Pocket Infinity
Hawkmoon
Red Death
Ice Breaker
Patience and Time

Oh sweet! Can't wait to get home and try my thorn and Bad Juju! Love the artwork of those weapons!

Is it true that 10 marks for 20 mats has happened?

That a buff to recieving legendaries from leveling vendors?

Andddddd

Exotics no longer need ascendant mats?

Like seriously Bungie may have made the best changes ever if this is the case :O

I could honestly be all in with Destiny now if this is the case. All the need to do now is add a vendor where I can buy raid gear with XXX of said emblems from completing the raid and I'll be happy.

blazeuk

I read on Reddit that Bad Juju's signature ability gives you as much super energy as an orb of light even when killing just dregs.

Can anyone confirm?

If true it's might just end up being the next weapon I upgrade after Thorn, super energy would be a near constant thing in PvE.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom