• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT11| It goes up to 11!

Status
Not open for further replies.
it's not related to the extended mag, it's working with perfect balance and it's broken. it's unstoppable. running out of ammo if the only thing holding it back from being the most broken weapon in existence. I expect a quick hotfix for it

Just doing the 28 daily with a totally unupgraded Mythoclast (not a single upgrade literally). it tears through everything. so good.

Bad Juju and Thorn quick? :p

E92 M3

it's not related to the extended mag, it's working with perfect balance and it's broken. it's unstoppable. running out of ammo if the only thing holding it back from being the most broken weapon in existence. I expect a quick hotfix for it

Just doing the 28 daily with a totally unupgraded Mythoclast (not a single upgrade literally). it tears through everything. so good.

Excited to try insta-Infinity.

phen0m24

Dude I have to get home and level mine!!! I take it I'll need the special shard?
(will have to dismantle that spare TLW)

realcZk

How is the Monte Carlo now? Is it a viable option or still borderline useless?

It's great! Seems like it does more damage, got stability increase, and every 2-4 kills it was instantly resetting my throwing knifes. This shit is gonna be so dope for a melee class. Throwing knives galore, energy drain up all the time, flame shields on sunsinger for days, force barrier 24/7 365 etc.

so silly how good thorn is now. you beautiful fools.

enjoy it in all its beautiful glory

Yeah, you don't even need the extra mag. Mine is too. First charge was slow but every one after is at least twice as fast.

Good lord, its insanely fast. Didn't know about ext mag, its what I had it on noticed it before I had to leave to go back to work. And its not even that hard to control without PB, i thought it would be pretty tough but its easy to land all 5 into a target thats close enough to you.

X-Frame

Apparently even though Pocket Infinity's subsequent bursts are much faster, they deal less damage than the original, powerful burst.

Is that intended for the full auto firing or also a bug?

Anyone have any Xyor advice?

1.) Don't use the cheese room at the entrance. Use the cheesy rocks on the back left side of the room.

2.) You need to clear out some adds and lower Phogoth's health enough so that eventually 3 drop ships spawn from the far back side of the room. The enemies are dropped onto the far back platform that is just down some steps from the Phogoth platform.

3.) Once Phoggoth's health is maybe ~30% or less and enough adds are cleared, the 3rd ship will spawn with Xyor. Make sure to kill Xyor before Phoggoth and you will get the bounty notification. Killing Phoggoth is optional at that point but easy.

phen0m24

Run inside, go to back left corner of the room with the rocks.

Jump up in the rocks. Rocks serve as sexeh shield. Shoot all living things.

Await the arrival of Xyor.

Profit.

thank you again Boguester

Edit: Beaten. Yeah, what he said. :)

Couldnt a Monte Carlo give a Titan like infinite Force Barrier now? So long as he gets his Melee kills.

hydruxo

So glad I put the energies into my Vex to max it out before patch got applied. Now it's time to try it out in the daily heroic and see how it is.

Also, just tried out my Monte Carlo. Stability is perfect on it now. I was only using it to mess around with patrols but it might be somewhat viable in other modes. Still need to test it out some more.

Apparently even though Pocket Infinity's subsequent bursts are much faster, they deal less damage than the original, powerful burst.

Is that intended for the full auto firing or also a bug?

No, it's supposed to be like that. Initial burst does full damage and subsequent bursts keep doing less.

k1t4j

OMG this patch is amazing, the 10 marks for 20 mats is handy as fuck.

The daily giving out 10 mats is great.

My vex has 323 attack *drool*

Time to level up my Thorn / Bad JuJu

Thank you based Bungie

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I can help if you're on PS4
Good lord, its insanely fast. Didn't know about ext mag, its what I had it on noticed it before I had to leave to go back to work. And its not even that hard to control without PB, i thought it would be pretty tough but its easy to land all 5 into a target thats close enough to you.
With PB I can land all 3 (or more from the infinity effect) on a target at long range.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
What is the exchange rate for materials/vanguard marks?

Edit. Just saw that it's 10 marks for 20 mats. That's insane. I'll never have to farm again. Praise the jesus.

Strider

It's a relief to go into patrol and not have to worry about running around looking for chests...

Edit: I didn't even know the Bad Juju could be fired full auto before just now lol

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Couldnt a Monte Carlo give a Titan like infinite Force Barrier now? So long as he gets his Melee kills.
Monte Carlo + No Backup Plans could be fun as hell, a Throwing Knife centric Hunter Build like realcZk is describing, my Scorch/Flame Shield Sunsinger...

E92 M3

Dear Lord, Crucible is a clusterfuck. It's always been crazy but this is a whole new level.

As long as they balance PVP and PVE separately I don't care anymore. Bungie should never alter PVE weapon damage again due to PVP problems. All I ask for.

If it safe to dismantle Exotics right now? Got 3 extra Vex that I've been saving in the Vault. Would be the perfect time to get rid of them for the shards.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
So glad I put the energies into my Vex to max it out before patch got applied. Now it's time to try it out in the daily heroic and see how it is.
seemingly one or two headshots with the mythoclast will stagger Draksis. Just watch out for Lightswitch and it's sweet cake.

EL CUCO

Do the cheese where you stay in that starting room and just slowly clear guys out. Poke outside to look for stragglers and eventually Xyor will show up.

I wish I would've known this when I did it. I still have flashbacks of running and jumping around frantically to save me teammates, trying to prevent a wipe.

X-Frame

Everyone on reddit is reporting that Pocket Infinity is nerfed by accident, not buffed by accident.

The first normal shot does its normal damage, but if you reload -- your new first shot should do its normal high damage but instead it fires quicker and its first shot is treated like one of the weaker subsequent bursts. Therefore, it's damage once the bug takes hold is much lower.

Can someone test this out in game?

Tower is always going to the closest server to yourself as the fireteam leader or solo.

That guy probably doesn't live too far from you.

Haha, I like how you assumed Elin was a guy, I did the same thing.

Makes sense though. Got matched into a tower wtth iRawr and I know we are both in the Midwest.

Wallach

Everyone on reddit is reporting that Pocket Infinity is nerfed by accident, not buffed by accident.

The first normal shot does its normal damage, but if you reload -- your new first shot should do its normal high damage but instead it fires quicker and its first shot is treated like one of the weaker subsequent bursts. Therefore, it's damage once the bug takes hold is much lower.

Can someone test this out in game?

Makes sense. I wasn't actually hitting dudes when I checked it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom