• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT11| It goes up to 11!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pickman

How do you know the new gear sold by Eris is going to use marks?

•Both Vanguard and Crucible new sniper rifles will be of an even higher-impact-lower-ROF subgroup that we've never had in the game before. The impact is higher than The Supremacy and Icebreaker. Potentially very good to have.

•New Crucible auto rifles both are of the Vanquisher VIII/Shadow Price damage subgroup, and should be a good alternative/higher ATK for that type.

•New Vanguard and Crucible fusion rifles are of the higher impact/slower charge rate, akin to 77 Wizard and Praetorian Foil.

•New Vanguard hand cannon "The Devil You Don't" has the high-ROF-low-Impact subgroup traits we've only seen on TLW/Thorn thus far.

Although yet-unconfirmed, I suspect the new armor sets will be 30-light capable. The new armor sets are visually different/new, not reskins of the current sets.

Crucible gear is all blue this time around, while vanguard gear appears to hold its same color scheme.

From a pretty reliable read on the destinydb datamine.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Haha how about this:

Exotics that weren't touched in this update:

Gjallarhorn
Thunderlord
The Last Word
Universal Remote

hydruxo

The Suros "nerf" is not a big deal. It barely added any significant damage and only the last 5 bullets really carried any weight.

Most people have Automatic Reload Syndrome after they get a kill in PVP anyways (I know I do). That perk never really played much of a role.

spyder_ur

How do you know the new gear sold by Eris is going to use marks?

I think it's pretty doubtful that it does, to be honest. Or if it does, there will be some kind of IB/vendor like rep grind. Seriously doubt you will be able to spend marks right off the bat. So many currencies/materials in this game now...

Strider

I don't wanna dismantle a Last Word... BUT

If I used the shard from one Last Word to max another I'll feel better about it :p That seems reasonable.

EL CUCO

What's your PSN? I have a group that wants to do it but I don't think we are full yet.

I heard this happened the other day...
KUKc64j.jpg

Lol how did you miss it, after all those practice jumps we did!

hydruxo

What's that about the Atheon teleporting part?

Does that mean it's not 3 random people anymore and the 3 furthest away like it originally was?

No it's still a random 3, but there was a glitch before where it would send through only two or only one person rather than 3.

Navid

I don't think I ever have. Used to do it from the hobgoblin platforms until the better cheese was found.
Group up by where the right conflux is, relic holder plays whack a mole with the supplicants to charge his super quicker... everyone else takes care of the left overs and kills any oracle they can see/shoot without running too far away.

Relic holder takes down the Templars shield with his super and everyone gets out of their detail field and snipes/rockets/shoots the Templar in the eye while relic holder goes back to charging super/cleansing in case of oracles marking the group.

It's pretty straight forwards for the most part, just need to be careful to stay alive and not taking to many risks when trying to damage the Templar.

SkylineRKR

So let me rephrase:

-Farming mats is pretty much history, always sat on 200+ marks because nothing to buy.
-Red Death is buffed, Vex is Buffed, Pocket Infinity is buffed? Basically 2 of my faves and the once mighty Vex.
-Sharding useless dupe exotics give a free final node

Sounds like good stuff to make me come back.

Deku Tree

I heard this happened the other day...
KUKc64j.jpg

Lol how did you miss it, after all those practice jumps we did!

Lolz. It wasn't exactly like that... I messed up one of the jumps yeah... I used glide too much and the platform dissappeared faster than I expected. I think I got it now though.

excowboy

Can't speak for PvP but Thorn is even more fun in PvE with the bigger clip. and faster reload. and more damage. and more ammo. What a buff!

This is a great patch all round.

ocean

Banned
Back in OT10 I predicted 25 mats for 10 Marks and people thought it was way too optimistic. I'm glad to see I wasn't too far off - 20/10 seems extremely fair! I'm gonna upgrade ALL THE THINGS now. So happy - the mat farming seriously killed the joy for me and made me play less than a tenth of what I used to.

SkylineRKR

Back in OT10 I predicted 25 mats for 10 Marks and people thought it was way too optimistic. I'm glad to see I wasn't too far off - 20/10 seems extremely fair! I'm gonna upgrade ALL THE THINGS now. So happy - the mat farming seriously killed the joy for me and made me play less than a tenth of what I used to.

this.

Daemul

So let me rephrase:

-Farming mats is pretty much history, always sat on 200+ marks because nothing to buy.
-Red Death is buffed, Vex is Buffed, Pocket Infinity is buffed? Basically 2 of my faves and the once mighty Vex.
-Sharding useless dupe exotics give a free final node

Sounds like good stuff to make me come back.

Red Death isn't really buffed, just changed. It's more friendly to players who can't land 95%+ of their shots as headshots, but you'll still perform better with it if you can do that.

The gun has become more of a bridge between the top tier AR's and the top tier Pulse rifles now.

CREMSteve

I may be the only person who enjoys farming materials.

It's laid back, allows me to kill shit at a nice pace and rewards me with enough "stuff" (marks, exp, bounty completion, etc) that it feels like I've accomplished something when I'm done. Also nice to pass the time while waiting for an Event to start.

If anything, fewer people will be competing for material spawns now, so I'm liking this patch.

hydruxo

Really happy they changed it too. I always max out my vanguard marks and end up buying a weapon to just dismantle. Now it's actually got a use AND I don't have to go farm endlessly to get mats.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom