• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT11| It goes up to 11!

Status
Not open for further replies.

matmanx1

These threads are an unstoppable force...

And the opinion of the rest of Gaf is the immoveable object!

I ran 530+ strikes to get Hawkmoon

You sir, are the Legend.

I spent every one of my first 17 coins on that magnificent weapon, and it's worth all of them thrice over. My first exotic, and it remains one of my top 3 favorite items in the game.

Fingers crossed he brings it Friday. Much as I want to complete my own collection, The People Deserve Gjallarhorn.

I will laaaaaaaugh my head off if a pulse rifle becomes the new FotM in the Crucible.

I want Red Death. I just think it looks and sounds cool.

Another one sees the light, the Pulse rifle fellowship is growing. Now there's three of us :p

The best part about most people not using Pulse rifles is the non existent calls for nerfs. I can two burst them whilst getting healed in the process(thereby not having to seek cover after a gunfight) and dance over their bodies, waiting for the next fool to come round the corner.

If this does happen then the bandwagoners can fuck right off. I've been on the Pulse rifle hype train since day one, and there's only room for a select few. It would be hilarious seeing people begging for Xur to sell the Red Death though, when they should have bought it when they had the chance. I'll be serving out lots of crow that day.

I've been a Pulse Rifle fan since the beginning but it seems like I have found very few that I like to use consistently. I want Red Death.

lol yeah! I meant how can you jump back up there i saw someone the other day come back up to the top platform from the bottom.

i was like how in the world?

Haha yeah you can jump back up if you jump onto the side Hobgoblin platform (where they added the kill zone) and then jump up onto the ledge portions of the big pillar there (the one just to the left/in front of the center conflux). Then jump from the pillar back to the spawn zone. I know Warlocks and Titans can do it, but not sure about Hunters.

I've never done it myself, but I assume that at some point you can master that path as much as you can master the spiral. At least, you figure Bungie had to put those things there for a reason anyway.

You can take the path from that little side cave (where supposedly another chest might spawn) to the GKeeper front door platform area. The path definitely exists for a reason, its just not for flawless raider.

So if that's at least Zoba, me, Kartik and Astro for PvP if anyone else wants to do it...?

this thread's definitely going to pick up when the dlc drops. can't imagine it being easy to find groups for the vault of glass when the new raid opens.

not sure what to think of a separate thread. following discussion in this thread is tasking enough.

It does. It has to. This is the game I played this morning:

B3YtMdEIQAEJHkS.jpg:large

B3YtQ10IQAAKefF.jpg:large

Not only are their scores terrible, but look at their player levels. It didn't even match me with anyone level 20 or higher. The fuck?

I'm above average at PvP but I'm not some great player that can carry teams like this. The matchmaking attempts to balance games out but every single game my team always gets blown out. the game should never, ever stack a group of low levels on one team like this. They are at a big disadvantage.

Had several games like this yesterday. When the second best guy on your team is worse than the worst guy on the opponents team, doing better than EVERYONE else in the lobby doesn't cut it. Its just infuriating playing games like that....

Axoman

Think I got you beat, got twin 1 year olds and a 4 year old that aggro just as much =)

I've got a 5 and 3 year old, with a third on the way. It's tough to find the time to play as much as a want. I have to sacrifice sleep for play time.

Still waiting on my the raid chest armor that eludes me, the game loves to give me other raid item duplicates though.

Two of the people I've done multiple raids with got the gear they needed to reach 30 though, so that's a plus.

zewone

If you ever do want to try zewone let me know, I wasn't interested in it at all before ... but destiny has its hooks in me and I do love doing the raid. I have the jumping and gorgon maze down pat.

Cool. Maybe we can form a group this weekend or next week.

ocean

Banned
I think Xur won't bring the Horn this weekend, but the next. Get people excited right before the Expansion... yes, this is wishful thinking :(

Ganhyun

Hoping Destiny doesn't continue its "kick me out every 2 minutes" game tonight or I'll have to go back to playing Dragon Age 3.

LTWood12

I've got a 5 and 3 year old, with a third on the way. It's tough to find the time to play as much as a want. I have to sacrifice sleep for play time.

Still waiting on my the raid chest armor that eludes me, the game loves to give me other raid item duplicates though.

Two of the people I've done multiple raids with got the gear they needed to reach 30 though, so that's a plus.

Kindred spirit. Done the raid 8 or 9 times. Only gotten gauntlets. Wish bungie respected our time.

Also anyone else think we should get names of people who want to do flawless or want to help others do them and make a roster or something? At least we would know who to look for....

I personally would like to do one soon, but damn exams so I can't put much time in on destiny :(

stb

Anyone doing hard raid later?

I'd like to this evening (after 6ish Eastern), but I've never done it before and am only 28 (almost 29, but i just got my IB arms, so I didn't want to burn shards on my current arms just to hit 29 when I knew IB was going to have them).

As such, I'd probably need a strong/vet team to carry me a bit. Not sure if that's what you're looking to do tonight.

Mupod

"Objectively Correct"

I just double checked that match and he did indeed have that medal. 1 assist 14 deaths

In retrospect that must have been the guy I saw running from C to A on shores of time at the start of every match. Alone. And then I'd see a skull pop up.

Congrats. I can not complain about RNG in raid for gear, got full set in about 6 runs =)

this thread's definitely going to pick up when the dlc drops. can't imagine it being easy to find groups for the vault of glass when the new raid opens.

not sure what to think of a separate thread. following discussion in this thread is tasking enough.

Is it confirmed that we will be doing a separate thread for the expansion? I think we should continue with the OTs until an actual large expansion ("Comet") that is on par with the expansions that have yielded new threads like WoW.

TDB is not even close to that type of expansion. Comet likely will be.

Zakalwe

Banned
i think i'm going to give Red Death another chance. It was my first exotic and i've always liked how it looked.

It's pretty good at range. The perks make 1v1 at mid weigh heavy in your favour.

It doesn't deal with multiple threats well though.

I use it when I'm running a FR as my primary. It's great to switch to as a backup for taking out long range targets or anyone trying to escape.

Maybe you'll get it to work better as an all round primary, some people swear by it.

Is it confirmed that we will be doing a separate thread for the expansion? I think we should continue with the OTs until an actual large expansion ("Comet") that is on par with the expansions that have yielded new threads like WoW.

TDB is not even close to that type of expansion. Comet likely will be.

yea i agree.

LiK

i think i'm going to give Red Death another chance. It was my first exotic and i've always liked how it looked.

It's pretty good at range. The perks make 1v1 at mid weigh heavy in your favour.

I use it when I'm running a FR as my primary. It's great to switch to as a backup for taking out long range targets or anyone trying to escape.

Maybe you'll get it to work better as an all round primary, some people swear by it.

I got owned by that gun in Skirmish so trying using it in that.

Strider

What is "Comet?"Leaked expansion?

I always assumed we'd get a 3rd larger expansion sometime late in 2015 but I didn't know some info was actually out on something like that.

that's what i'm afraid of. before the mythoclast nerf, i was a one man army. i doubled my aggressiveness and ran crowd control. now that i've switched to hand cannons, i'm supposed to be playing a bit more passively, but that aggressiveness i've come to enjoy is a hard habit to break. i'd have to switch to something like SUROS to keep that up, but i don't think auto rifles fit my cadence anymore.

maybe red death will help make me better with hand cannons at the very least.

I'd like to this evening (after 6ish Eastern), but I've never done it before and am only 28 (almost 29, but i just got my IB arms, so I didn't want to burn shards on my current arms just to hit 29 when I knew IB was going to have them).

As such, I'd probably need a strong/vet team to carry me a bit. Not sure if that's what you're looking to do tonight.

I wouldn't mind, I'm not quite sure when other players will be on as well.

If you ever do want to try zewone let me know, I wasn't interested in it at all before ... but destiny has its hooks in me and I do love doing the raid. I have the jumping and gorgon maze down pat.

Anyone who's beaten hard raid can easily do flawless. Just remember: it's only normal raid! I really think most/all regulars here could definitely do it, if they are on the fence about it.

Also anyone else think we should get names of people who want to do flawless or want to help others do them and make a roster or something? At least we would know who to look for....

Yeah, probably a good idea. I know there are still a lot of people who have expressed interest.

Ambitious

Add stress to this and it becomes you dead, and people upset.

I had never died as a warlock from doing this strat, but then i died on flawless, and never again.

you mean the left side?

where is Dax anyways?

|OT12|...but this one goes up to 32...

Which is why for my flawless attempt, I will either use Triple Jump or my Warlock alt.

Zakalwe

Banned
that's what i'm afraid of. before the mythoclast nerf, i was a one man army. i doubled my aggressiveness and ran crowd control. now that i've switched to hand cannons, i'm supposed to be playing a bit more passively, but that aggressiveness i've come to enjoy is a hard habit to break. i'd have to switch to something like SUROS to keep that up, but i don't think auto rifles fit my cadence anymore.

maybe red death will help make me better with hand cannons at the very least.

Which Handcannons do you own?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
My Thursday night groups will continue to be for the Vault of Glass indefinitely, so there will at least be that. I hope others in the community will bear in mind how many people out there aren't as far along as we are and still take some time to help people who need VoG runs.

Also, as long as Fatebringer, VoC and Praetorian Foil aren't in my collection I'm running Hard every week too.
It gets my vote for "coolest sights in the game" at least

What is "Comet?"Leaked expansion?

I always assumed we'd get a 3rd larger expansion sometime late in 2015 but I didn't know some info was actually out on something like that.

It is the code name found within the legal agreement between Bungie and Activision for a large expansion for Destiny that will release 1 year after the main games release. Hence sometime in Fall 2015 with Destiny 2 confirmed in development and likely released in Fall 2016.

My Thursday night groups will continue to be for the Vault of Glass indefinitely, so there will at least be that. I hope others in the community will bear in mind how many people out there aren't as far along as we are and still take some time to help people who need VoG runs.

Also, as long as Fatebringer, VoC and Praetorian Foil aren't in my collection I'm running Hard every week too.

It gets my vote for "coolest sights in the game" at least

I just need the Vex and Praedeths Timepiece and I will have every weapon, every armour piece for every class and all other items like ships/shaders.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Anyone who's beaten hard raid can easily do flawless. Just remember: it's only normal raid! I really think most/all regulars here could definitely do it, if they are on the fence about it.

Yeah, probably a good idea. I know there are still a lot of people who have expressed interest.
I know for a fact I could do it, hell last week's Newbie raid 3 of us made it to the Gatekeepers without dying. But the stress... yikes. I mean sometimes I just fall off stuff. D: And the supplicants want to be my friend a lot

I dunno, maybe one day. I just hate the idea of dying and ruining it for the other 5 in the group so, so much. I love the VoG and don't want it to stop being fun because of that added layer.

Did Bungie fix the Gatekeeper glitch where everyone gets killed once or twice after completing that section? I don't see the point of a flawless run until that is fixed.

LordofPwn

How is a 2 man raid even possibly against Atheon? How do you cleanse yourself fast enough and also destroy the Oracles if you're sent away to the past or future?

Which is why for my flawless attempt, I will either use Triple Jump or my Warlock alt.

After doing the raid with all of the classes, i think i prefer titan the most. I seem to do more damage and take less damage. plus titan and hunter are great for getting past the op ledge in case you get bumped, you can actually usually make it back up onto it. my only problem with hunter is i've had the jump glitch and on my first jump, it gives me my second... Warlock makes for soft safe landings but cant do clutch saves with its jump.

Okay, so I know that this place is a Hawkmoon lovefest, so I was excited when it dropped for me in the Nightfall today. HOWEVER... I know it's not upgraded like my Last Word, but it doesn't "feel" as good. That fanfare perk spoiled me. Is the Hawkmoon really the best - better than The Last Word? I just... don't... know...

TLW is better for me. It's a matter of taste and playstyle

Edit** fucking hell I made the top 10 :p

koryuken

Did Hard raid with my main. Got MIDA Multi-Tool from the chest (good thing I did not buy from XUR) and a Vex Mythoclast :) Happy day. The only thing I really want from the Raid now is a Fatebringer :) After that, I will be happy.

Greenymac

Is Thorn still good in PVP after the "unintentional" nerf?

In my opinion, no. Its all i wanted to do for iron banner was use my thorn and bungie fucked it all up. I think I ended up playiong like 2 IB matches because of it. FUCK YOU BUNGIE.

Also all this flawless run talk. We talking hard or normal? If we are talking normal, then I can run a flawless all day with my eyes closed...Hard is a little tougher but i still think manageable. Luckily, Im one of those people who doesnt get nervous.

LiK

Never run into this glitch. can you elaborate more?

Got wrecked by it last night.

In my opinion, no. Its all i wanted to do for iron banner was use my thorn and bungie fucked it all up. I think I ended up playiong like 2 IB matches because of it. FUCK YOU BUNGIE.

Also all this flawless run talk. We talking hard or normal? If we are talking normal, then I can run a flawless all day with my eyes closed...Hard is a little tougher but i still think manageable. Luckily, Im one of those people who doesnt get nervous.

Sounds like it's still good in normal PVP.

gatti-man

Yeah they nerfed the vex so i wanted to get thorn going. They nerfed it the day after i get it :/ cant win.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom