• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT11| It goes up to 11!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back in OT10 I predicted 25 mats for 10 Marks and people thought it was way too optimistic. I'm glad to see I wasn't too far off - 20/10 seems extremely fair! I'm gonna upgrade ALL THE THINGS now. So happy - the mat farming seriously killed the joy for me and made me play less than a tenth of what I used to.

Yep, very fair exchange. You can farm mats in chests a little more efficiently than this exchange rate but it more than makes up for your time in not having to perform that chore.

Ambitious

I don't remember the last time I did the Templar legit... Ha!

As far as I remember, I only did it once, in my first raid. Maybe the second time too, but I'm not sure.
You know, I actually look forward to doing it legit again.

Dude, just do chest circuits farming up mats instead of buying them with Marks. You wanna save marks for the new crucible/vanguard gear coming out next week anyhow.

-----------

Regarding the exotic changes, I'm really excited to check out Super Good Advice post-buff. It used to feel like pissing with a hardon with that fucking thing, so I'm hoping there's some semblance of control now.

I might actually do that. I've got a bunch of new movies, and I found farming while watching movies to be quite relaxing. Doing it all the time.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I tried PI a little bit in my first match and it felt nerfed despite the charge speed. I only used it for maybe half a match though, so its only a first impression.
interesting, I'll give it a whirl. Honestly, seems like this wasn't intentional, but if it was I could kinda see the reasoning. I wonder how it'll shake out.
They just need their hip fire accuracy nerfed, that would solve a lot of the PVP issues at least. They don't hit hard enough to be heavy weapons in PVE.
HHip accuracy is fine, they need to be a viable alternative for shotguns. Range/spread nerf would be much more appropriate

X-Frame

Just a little heads up but next week we're supposedly getting new armor/weapons from vendors so you may want to see what they offer for your Marks before you spend them all today on materials.

SkylineRKR

Templar legit will be hard. Did it twice on Normal. Was no problem and actually fun. But Heroic? Hmm. Well I do have maxed Corrective and FV.

Red Death isn't really buffed, just changed. It's more friendly to players who can't land 95%+ of their shots as headshots, but you'll still perform better with it if you can do that.

The gun has become more of a bridge between the top tier AR's and the top tier Pulse rifles now.

The slow ROF was my only gripe with it tbh.

I may be the only person who enjoys farming materials.

It's laid back, allows me to kill shit at a nice pace and rewards me with enough "stuff" (marks, exp, bounty completion, etc) that it feels like I've accomplished something when I'm done. Also nice to pass the time while waiting for an Event to start.

If anything, fewer people will be competing for material spawns now, so I'm liking this patch.

Side effect is now you will have even MORE "public" events to solo than you already do.

Meneses

Great patch overall, funny how such "simple" decisions can make the game feel a lot more fun.

Only thing missing now is some sort of trade system between players, but I guess the Exotic Shard thing kind of softens that blow a bit.

Also, repeated Exotic Bounties will now have a reason to be taken.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
So legendaries still need shards and energy but exotics just need the one exotic shard for the last slot. That just makes it easier to max out exotics now.

Just a little heads up but next week we're supposedly getting new armor/weapons from vendors so you may want to see what they offer for your Marks before you spend them all today on materials.

This couldn't be more bolded! Well I guess it could, but this is very true! Unless people are reaching cap or need it to reach a level for plying purposes, don't buy too much if you can help it! Thanks for the Reminder, X

outsida

They just need their hip fire accuracy nerfed, that would solve a lot of the PVP issues at least. They don't hit hard enough to be heavy weapons in PVE.
They don't hit as hard but I've survived way more encounters against a rocket launcher or a MG than I have against the fusion rifle. There Is really no downside to using the fusion rifle but it can kill you faster than any other weapon aside from the rocket. Either move it to the heavy spot where ammo is scarce or have the weapon handling, movement or trigger feathering impact it in some way.

LordofPwn

Haha how about this:

Exotics that weren't touched in this update:

Gjallarhorn
Thunderlord
The Last Word
Universal Remote
3 of those were fine as they were. Universal Remote still needs a buff.
To the untrained eye this beast is a junker. To the trained eye, however, this junker...is a beast.
It took great care, and an incredible feat of fine-tuning, to craft a weapon that packs a close-quarters punch, yet has the range of a precision rifle. Universal Remote is that weapon

I heard this happened the other day...
KUKc64j.jpg

Lol how did you miss it, after all those practice jumps we did!
lol, been there, done that, 3 times... warlock is the worst for jumping section.

There was some discussion on this a few pages back (before the patch). I think consensus was that PSN/XBL would have to update before you can even access the content. But who knows for sure?
PSN will have the content available at 12pm PST at the latest. it should be a small download just to unlock content that has already been delivered. If they don't then they are stupid.

flkraven

1.) Don't use the cheese room at the entrance. Use the cheesy rocks on the back left side of the room.

2.) You need to clear out some adds and lower Phogoth's health enough so that eventually 3 drop ships spawn from the far back side of the room. The enemies are dropped onto the far back platform that is just down some steps from the Phogoth platform.

3.) Once Phoggoth's health is maybe ~30% or less and enough adds are cleared, the 3rd ship will spawn with Xyor. Make sure to kill Xyor before Phoggoth and you will get the bounty notification. Killing Phoggoth is optional at that point but easy.

Run inside, go to back left corner of the room with the rocks.

Jump up in the rocks. Rocks serve as sexeh shield. Shoot all living things.

Await the arrival of Xyor.

Profit.

thank you again Boguester

Edit: Beaten. Yeah, what he said. :)

Thanks a bunch guys!

Daemul

This couldn't be more bolded! Well I guess it could, but this is very true! Unless people are reaching cap or need it to reach a level for plying purposes, don't buy too much if you can help it! Thanks for the Reminder, X

LOL! The only guns I would even contemplate buying are Pulse rifles, and Bungie seem to have used the shitty Pulse rifle stat spread for the new ones their adding, instead of the stat spread Super Pox, Fair and Square and Red Death use, so I'll pass on them.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
So legendaries still need shards and energy but exotics just need the one exotic shard for the last slot. That just makes it easier to max out exotics now.
It makes upgrading legendaries easier too. And legendaries and exotics now respectively dismantle into the materials needed to upgrade the ones you want.

Wait is it true that ass shards and ass mats are now worth more and are rarer? So I should be collecting and saving my ass shards for the DLC armor? Can't I always just buy legendary gear and break them down?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
So I can't max out any weapons or armour until he shows up again?
The change is alright.
Not knowing it was coming is limiting.
You can dismantle any duplicate exotics for a shard, and you can max them all the way to the final damage circle without using any ascendant shards or energy.

I may be the only person who enjoys farming materials.

It's laid back, allows me to kill shit at a nice pace and rewards me with enough "stuff" (marks, exp, bounty completion, etc) that it feels like I've accomplished something when I'm done. Also nice to pass the time while waiting for an Event to start.

If anything, fewer people will be competing for material spawns now, so I'm liking this patch.

Honestly didn't mind it. All they needed to do was drop the amount of materials you needed to upgrade. Not sure if I like some changes TBH.

LOL! The only guns I would even contemplate buying are Pulse rifles, and Bungie seem to have used the shitty Pulse rifle stat spread for the new ones their adding, instead of the stat spread Super Pox, Fair and Square and Red Death use, so I'll pass on them.

Glad I can make you laugh :p But who knows what will be of the new weapons! And I currently use Light/Beware I bought since i could never get one otherwise and it's been great for me. Also, you never know when they'll add in stat re-roll for non-IB weapons! One can hope :)

I don't think I even took advantage of the Suros' glass half full ability before. I'm a habitual reloader. So I imagine my experooence with the gun will be exactly the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom