• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT11| It goes up to 11!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also you get mats for doing patrol bounties now.
gNUIxLB.jpg

realcZk

What's this about new vanguard/crucible gear? Why would I want it (aside from new weapons maybe?) I can't see the armor being of use to any players who are already level 30. It's speculated that Eris will have level 31 light gear as well.

Wait now is there no way I can get to level 30 if I have not gotten there before and did not max out an exotic I need to get to level 30. .? I was hoping to be level 30 for this god damn raid but now I won't have shards until Xur.

Pickman

What's this about new vanguard/crucible gear? Why would I want it (aside from new weapons maybe?) I can't see the armor being of use to any players who are already level 30. It's speculated that Eris will have level 31 light gear as well.

Main thing you'll want from them is the weapons, which have considerable punch. I'm going to be picking up a chest as well, since I can't get any luck with the raid chest and I can stop being Forever29 and head toward Forever31 instead.

zewone

Wait now is there no way I can get to level 30 if I have not gotten there before and did not max out an exotic I need to get to level 30. .? I was hoping to be level 30 for this god damn raid but now I won't have shards until Xur.

4 pieces of raid gear or max out an exotic by dismantling a different exotic.

Heading home from work in 20 minutes!!!

Looking forward to getting my Warlock to 30 with the new mat economy and having 3 level 30 characters ready to go for The Dark Below!

Anyone here looking to do the Crucible/Void part of the Thorn bounty with me sometime this evening?

Greenymac

Heading home from work in 20 minutes!!!

Looking forward to getting my Warlock to 30 with the new mat economy and having 3 level 30 characters ready to go for The Dark Below!

Anyone here looking to do the Crucible/Void part of the Thorn bounty with me sometime this evening?

I'll be online at about 6:30 eastern time. I already have a thorn, but Im working on the second bounty for another. Ill shoot you an invite if you want.

Manp

Thanks guys. I'm glad it's only a little mistake.

took all of us maybe 5 seconds to notice and yet they released the patch with such an obvious mistake.
and all it would have taken to notice was basically read their own release notes...

purg3

slept with Malkin
Why is everyone saying it makes ass materials irrelevant now? You still need them to upgrade Legendaries right?

yup, still going to need them for all that new legendary gear coming out. Not sure why I'm seeing that all over the place either. Maybe people not properly reading the patch notes, I assume.

Sure, check out destinystatus.com under the weekly tab, it'll be greyed out if you haven't done it on that character.

How correct is this? Is the fact that icons aren't faded meaning I still can do them? Because it is showing me that I still can do the hard raid on all three of my characters but I know I completed all of the raid.

realcZk

How correct is this? Is the fact that icons aren't faded meaning I still can do them? Because it is showing me that I still can do the hard raid on all three of my characters but I know I completed all of the raid.

It's pretty accurate for me, but I don't know. It uses Bungie's API. Have you done all of the hard raid on all three chars or skipped Atheon? Or only did one part?

Meneses

haha awesome, I don't think anyone outside of NHL gaf knows who that is. Are you from Pittsburgh or just a fan?

I'm not from the US, just a foreign Pens fan :)

Back on-topic: Thorn is now pretty sweet as a Hunter. Other classes may find it still a bit slow in terms of Reload, but I'm really liking it now.

I hope the weekly update gives us all the release details for The Dark Below so we can start our raiding plans.

Do we think we will see the higher level strike playlists as well?

LiK

Getting that stupid green blurry vision from Thorn is worst than being poisoned. Bungie needs to tone that down.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
you're literally just looking at it backwards. faded means you can still do it

Greenymac

Sounds good! My Level 30 Titan has the bounty. What void weapons should I use in each weapon slot?

Im using The calming-void fusion rifle

for heavy Im using corrective measure/Truth

only void primary I have is Atheons epilogue, but that thing is shit in PVP. I pretty much the fusion rifle for all kills unless i find heavy Ammo, then I rain death upon my enemies.

Shit, that's true. Didn't really think about that. Gimme dem shardz.

I'm so excited about Exotic Shards. I knew there was a reason I've hoarded 5 SGAs, 3 Thorns, 3 Bad JuJus, 2 Invectives and 2 PInfinities.

SGA will be the most desired exotic bounty, easily.

Also you get mats for doing patrol bounties now.

This is a very welcome addition, but I suspect there will be a dropoff on Patrol playtime in general now that mats are purchasable. I may be wrong, but I think they are going to need to spice it up a bit more to keep people doing patrols at all.

As of this patch I have no reason to ever patrol again.

realcZk

I'm so excited about Exotic Shards. I knew there was a reason I've hoarded 5 SGAs, 3 Thorns, 3 Bad JuJus, 2 Invectives and 2 PInfinities.

SGA will be the most desired exotic bounty, easily.

Where you keeping all those weapons at? :p My vault wouldnt allow it

LordofPwn

FLAWLESS RAID TIPS/TRICKS AS OF DESTINY v1.1.0
1.) Don't get cocky or put yourself into a false sense of security, play like it's heroic difficulty.

2.) Confluxes: don't get marked, and everyone come down to the arena. if someone stays up top there's a higher chance for goblins to warp straight to the conflux. if you do get marked. run to the center and be careful coming back.

3.) As soon as the conflux(es) go away call it out and go to your safe spot. there's one on right side, 1 in the spirit bloom area, and one on top of the platform by the spirit bloom. be patient here and be careful of the green goo when leaving the safe spot

4.) call out minotaurs, use whatever to take them out.

5.) be careful with rockets. if you are a titan, look around and do a proximity check and call out when you are going to put down a bubble (blessings of Light)

6.) don't be afraid to run away, the objective is to stay alive. if you need help, call it out.

7.) stay calm, carry on, have fun

8.) oracles, call them out take them out quickly and take care of adds. make sure you can see at least 2 oracle spawns. and for the love of god don't stop moving.

9a.) After oracles, it's templar time so no more cheese, i recommend not blocking his/her teleports, unless you can quickly burn the templar before minotaurs appear or just become a problem. call them out, run hide, just stay alive. Stay at the back right spawn cave. if you can kill an oracle do so. just be aware of where the relic holder is. chain supers as much as possible to feed the relic holder. Relic holder should be killing harpies and calling out templar teleports. but make sure you can keep an eye on templar location and don't stray too far from the group. Be careful of jumping so as to not get killed by suppression field from detainment shield. this will probably take the most practice if you aren't familiar with this encounter.

9b.) After killing Templar take a breather and prepare to descend the spirit bloom path. just be careful and don't pull a fig.

10.) gorgons. stick together guardians. There's 2 that you really have to watch out for, and make sure you have heavy and supers ready in case you need to kill 1 or 2 gorgons

11.) jumping puzzle. great time to take a piss break if you need it. Doing the spiral is the safest way across. go one at a time. be careful of the ledge. he is the true enemy.

12.) gatekeepers - 1 portal at a time 3 in the 1st to help out but 1 leaves before the gatekeeper is down. usually it's left portal first.

13.) after first team is back with the 1st relic, relic holder and assistant take 2nd portal, while someone goes mid.

14.) relic super and a couple IB or Gjallarhorn shots will take out the 2nd gatekeeper. 2nd relic must leave last. dont forget to cleanse.

15.) after 2nd relic is retrieved, everyone go mid. call out if you need help with praetorians.

16.) Atheon, aka used to be a glitch fest. Here's what to do when things may still go bad. if glitches are truly fixed just skip to "3 People Teleported"

NO ONE TELEPORTED:
This is fine, kill supplicants and damage Atheon it is possible to kill him without times vengeance. just damage damage damage

1 PERSON TELEPORTED:
that person needs to grab the relic and get out ASAP. so the outside team better open up the portals. Call out the portals too. Jungle/Venus/Green/Right Desert/Mars/Orange/Left, if you don't get teleported but know where to look on radar call it out. anyways once relic is out make sure you cleanse and kill supplicants. Damage Atheon.

2 PEOPLE TELEPORTED:
Close but not quite. Safe strategy is to just hightail it out of there with the relic, but a 3rd person can go in and help. HUnters are best here if they have golden gun.

3 PEOPLE TELEPORTED:
Yay! now don't get sniped by the Hobs, or get beaten down by the minotaur. if you are jungle/green/venus/right/Future. grenade/rocket the minotaur/adds to help the relic holder.
If you are Desert/Orange/Mars/Left/Past use a suppression grenade or rockets that will one shot the hobs. or don't do anything and relic hold takes them all out. this side is easiest but can get really unlucky if the hobs all shoot the relic holder at the same time.

But if you come back alive you now have Times vengeance and can go kick Atheon in his Time bending balls to death. Make sure outside team takes care of suplicants. should be 4 waves. Everyone can try the middle platform strategy but i would suggest playing it safe and staying back. hopefully you have a titan that can give weapons of light, just make sure not to rocket it. and before putting down a bubble call it out and count to 2 (1-2-bubble). if you do this and dont suck you just got the flawless achievement/trophy. Should be at most 3 portal trips. Gjallar back now,

For what it's like to run the hardest part of flawless, watch this video of my success:
Flawless Raid

How did Bungie make out with their promised changes and patches?

So this was the big list of promises Bungie made to us in the November 7th Weekly Update and what has been delivered:

Here are some things we’ve mentioned:
-Channels for talking to matchmade teammates, if you so wish OUT
-Exotic weapons that are stronger and more interesting to upgrade OUT
-New gear to let you slip into something a little more Legendary PENDING - Was this the Iron Banner gear?
-That which waits in The Dark Below December 9th

Here are some things we’ve kept secret, until now:
-New shaders for your gear - Is this just the shaders Eva rotates through now? I hope we see more customization in colours for each armour piece
-Ways to preview items before you spend your Glimmer OUT
-Greater chances of “showers” in public spaces OUT
-Adjustments to some arenas that needed better traffic flow OUT
-New economies to equip you with upgrade materials OUT
-Fixes, patches, and other invisible technical evolutions Ongoing fixes
-Some other tricks up our sleeve The tumbler sparrow? What else could we see?
-Maybe even a more generous Cryptarch (he’ll still be sort of a bastard) OUT

Looks like they delivered on everything they promised in less than a month's time! Good on Bungie!

What does everyone hope for the future?
-Increased Vault Space
-Increased cap on Marks now that they are more useful
-Better Strike playlists and better rewards for them
-RNG system that can review your previous drops to reduce dups
-Better customizing of colours for individual armour pieces
-Change your Guardians appearance

This is a very welcome addition, but I suspect there will be a dropoff on Patrol playtime in general now that mats are purchasable. I may be wrong, but I think they are going to need to spice it up a bit more to keep people doing patrols at all.

As of this patch I have no reason to ever patrol again.

Yea, I mainly patrolled for 3 reasons:
1) Farm
2) Bounty+
3) Usually get 1-2 Public Events

Now that they've also taken out getting a package for the 1st public event of the day, they basically eliminated the need to patrol. A 4th reason, but very tiny, is leveling up weapons/gear but you get way more for bounties. I guess if you don't have marks to spare or want to preserve some, you can farm for a little and do patrols.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom