• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT11| It goes up to 11!

Status
Not open for further replies.

exYle

Missed in all the craziness is that Bungie effectively increased the cost of purchasing Exotics by 7 coins with the new Exotic Shard. Now 24 coins for special/heavy and 30 coins for a primary.

7 coins vs 18 Ass Mats is a decent trade off I guess.

WHAT

WHAT

SOURCE

realcZk

I currently have every single hunter/titan exotic in the game... too many choices! For warlocks I'm only missing light beyond nemesis, praxic and apothesis veil

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
WHAT

WHAT

SOURCE
no, don't read it wrong.

He's saying to max out an Exotic you need a shard. Shards cost 7 coins. So the "cost" of a maxed Exotic purchased from Xur is listed there. Nothing has changed with regard to sale prices.

realcZk

WHAT

WHAT

SOURCE

The last upgrade circle on exotics take 1 exotic shard, which cost 7 SC from Xur. So xur normally sells primary weapons for 23 but you'll need a shard to max it out, effectively making a maxed out exotic primary have a face value of 30 sc. You can get exotic shards from Xur or from dismantling other exotics.

Good stuff will check it out next weekend. I hate that they released it after the holiday when I have to go back to work but I guess I'll get into it when I get the time.

LordofPwn

DISABLE. CRUCIBLE. ANNOUNCER.
I'd buy some DLC to get a new announcer voice pack.
I really need to stop reading this wrong way and missing the "a" in the sentence v.v
"pull fig"? what does it even mean?
can't you just use the float in air glide to get out of that, or have someone else throw grenades down there?
hey, i was being pretty careful! i put my saftey-scissors down and put the cap back on the glue and everything. was just saying it would be nice if they were in fact fixed in the patch, then we wouldn't have to worry about them, but i see why you kept them in the post of course.
you don't have to be that careful... it's just the tips...

Shito

Just did the daily.
End screen is telling me I did 0 precision kills: as someone aiming for the best percentage of precision kills possible, I feel like I'm not gonna enjoy this new bug. :)

Also, they didn't fix the bug introduced with the last patch, with the rewards disappearing as soon as the ship screen appears.

Now that they've also taken out getting a package for the 1st public event of the day, they basically eliminated the need to patrol. A 4th reason, but very tiny, is leveling up weapons/gear but you get way more for bounties. I guess if you don't have marks to spare or want to preserve some, you can farm for a little and do patrols.

So what's the point of public events now if there's no reward?

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
no, don't read it wrong.

He's saying to max out an Exotic you need a shard. Shards cost 7 coins. So the "cost" of a maxed Exotic purchased from Xur is listed there. Nothing has changed with regard to sale prices.

Why is everyone freaking out so hard about shards?
Are there not daily missions for these anymore? Can you not earn them from public events?

Oops, my bad. EXOTIC shards. Oopsie

Why is everyone freaking out so hard about shards?
Are there not daily missions for these anymore? Can you not earn them from public events?

They're freaking out about Exotic Shards, I believe. And you can't earn Asc Shards as the 1st pub event of the day, anymore.

CLBridges

Bad Juju is pretty good now. Kills add super enegy (decent amount), 24 clip with auto reload on kills plus if you spec out an energy drain build on Voidwalker with 100% intellect. Then, add on the Ahamkara Skull helmet...it's good. Now that exotic shards exist I have to actually decide kinda carefully what weapons I want to fully upgrade and continue, not yet set on Bad Juju but it's in the running.

But, even with the buff on Super Good Advice, I think that weapon will be my first sacrifice for the exotic shard. Almost done leveling the Vex and don't wanna wait until Xur.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
So what's the point of public events now if there's no reward?
I don't know what the deal is with the daily package, it wasn't in the patch notes so hopefully it's not intended. Maybe it's a glitch with today in particular because of the patch, and after reset it'll work, no way to know yet.

Anyway, you understand you could get an Ascendant Shard or Energy from any public event completion, right?

To more generally answer your question... I find them fun :p
so is the raid finally cheese free?
can it be
Now that they've also taken out getting a package for the 1st public event of the day, they basically eliminated the need to patrol. A 4th reason, but very tiny, is leveling up weapons/gear but you get way more for bounties. I guess if you don't have marks to spare or want to preserve some, you can farm for a little and do patrols.
Hard as it is to believe some people honestly didn't mind it all that much, and in my case, I enjoyed it for some mats but not others. I'll never be buying Spirit Bloom, but I'll never go farming for Helium Filaments. :)

Doing the weekly one more time later tonight for those good ole Strange Coins.

I'm overwhelmed now. I have exotic weapons that are apparently decent. Still waiting for a Hawkmoon to drop and I will drop every exotic I have. Glad I got the Thorn, Red Death, Monte Carlos, TLW, Vex, Universal Remote, Patient Time, and Vex. . but I don't have the time to level them all.

I hate how my exotics take up a lot of my vault, god can I get more space and some good organization with it.

soundpross

Neo Member
why strange coins instead of mote of light :/ I assume everyone here has alot of mote of light especially if you have 3 characters. Well if anything it makes getting extra exotic bounties worth doing now.

zewone

why strange coins instead of mote of light :/ I assume everyone here has alot of mote of light especially if you have 3 characters. Well if anything it makes getting extra exotic bounties worth doing now.

I have more coins than motes after re-rolling IB weapons.

I have more strange coins. . I usually get on just to do nightfall and weekly. I can get 27 coins a week easily . .that many motes would be hard.

Anyway, you understand you could get an Ascendant Shard or Energy from any public event completion, right?

I understand that other people can get them. My RNG luck extends into public events too as I've probably gotten two rewards on the spot in the 3 months I've been playing this game. Most of the time I'm the only one who doesn't end up getting any mats right after completing one so I counted on that package. Now I won't even bother with them.

realcZk

I have all three characters at 30 and run all the weekly content across all, currently sitting at 35 motes and 96+ coins. I'd much prefer spending coins as they are much easier to get. 9 per heroic per character per week, that's a lot for very little work. Mote's require getting lucky from engrams, or just acquiring a lot of XP. Plus, cosmetic items are so expensive mote-wise (25ish).

exYle

no, don't read it wrong.

Jaysus I almost had a heart attack

Hard as it is to believe some people honestly didn't mind it all that much, and in my case, I enjoyed it for some mats but not others. I'll never be buying Spirit Bloom, but I'll never go farming for Helium Filaments. :)

Haha interesting. I'm the complete opposite!! Helium is my fastest/easiest. Spirit Bloom is OK. But I'm tired of Relic Iron and Spinmetal (unless I can get the infinite glitch). But as long as I have marks, I hope to never be farming ever!

Strider

I'd bet most people here have more coins than motes. And to people that play less but do the weekly heroic every week are def gonna have more coins than motes since motes are exp based.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
I'm wondering if weapon bounties have changed. I've got the one for Bad Juju and it's taking forever to gain exp in crucible.
I also picked up the bounties for killing 25 Hunters, Warlocks and Titans and have almost completed them all and the weapon bounty has barely moved.
So I have killed 25 Hunters, 22 Warlocks and 25 Titans and only have 2800 exp towards the weapon bounty.

Seemed to finish this quicker last time.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
there are those who said this day would never come... what are they to say now?
I'm stunned. but it's like 6th on my list of things I still want to try today

news update: pocket infinity isn't broken in a way that makes it unstoppable like I thought. it's just deeply broken. the day charge tone is deceptive- it's less effective the longer you stay alive because damage falls off. unfortunate bug making it basically unsuitable for serious play at the moment. hope it gets fixed.

rNilla

Looking to run a quick Normal raid around 5PM CST (<30 mins from now) or soon thereafter for the Raiding Party trophy. Any and all are welcome. There will be bonus fun to be had defeating the Templar the normal way.

We'll use the AchieveTrophies GAF clan:
http://www.bungie.net/en/Clan/Forum/429327

1. rNilla
2. hydruxo (?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom