• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT11| It goes up to 11!

Status
Not open for further replies.

rNilla

I'm in if there's still space. I have a new Defender Titan who just hit Level 28 and is dying to pop his raid cherry. PSN is grimlock33

Still space!

Looking to run a quick Normal raid around 5PM CST for the Raiding Party trophy. Any and all are welcome. There will be bonus fun to be had defeating the Templar the normal way.

We'll use the AchieveTrophies GAF clan:
http://www.bungie.net/en/Clan/Forum/429327

1. rNilla
2. hydruxo (?)
3. InvisibleStride
4. grimlock33

On the Bungie.Net forum, someone is reporting that completing your first public event of a day now gives a Mote of Light? Anyone else confirm?

Possible, I did get a mote of light somewhere weird today. I shrugged it off as an xp roll over, but there was something that subconsciously made me take note of it.

realcZk

Yea. Crazy they did that lol

I really hate fusion rifles in PvP. Ones with fast charge rates really take no skill, and PI is even worse. They should really nerf the range on those. I think its fine if its a OHKO at close range but not across the map, its stupid. I use my PI on firebase delphi and its a fucking joke lol... see red on radar? start charging. see enemy? now they are dead

Strider

Yep I'm still down. Might do it with my 26 Titan alt too if that's cool since I haven't raided with him either (though unfortunately I don't have any Defender perks unlocked yet).

My alt Titan I'm gonna take has nothing leveled n the defender column lol the raid is easy though so I'm thinking itllbe a breeze no matter what.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Just got a mote of light from a public event. That never happened before and holy hell was it crazy. There were like 10 Hive ultras going at it with 10 Fallen Ultras and we were caught in the middle.

SharkJAW

I really hate fusion rifles in PvP. Ones with fast charge rates really take no skill, and PI is even worse. They should really nerf the range on those. I think its fine if its a OHKO at close range but not across the map, its stupid.
Agree. Plan C giving enhanced movement speed just helps it in 1v1 situations, like it wasn't ridiculous already. The only counter for PI is strafing behind cover as they fire. If, for some reason, they catch you in the open, you're screwed entirely.

DestinyGAF, I have been inspired to fire up Destiny for the first time in weeks following all of the buzz about the patch today. Unlike you all though my only character is a 21 and I feel that I am in a leveling blackhole that I cannot escape from.

I really don't play all that much and when I do I usually crank through the story mission for the day and... that's it. It seems like the most painful level to be in as you are too far out from when Legendaries come into play and you just rely on getting random ass Rares to level up light.

What can I do that isn't a huge time sink that can get me up to higher levels?

Destiny is a huge time sink. This patch doesn't change that, it only changes where you sink that time.

There is no fast track to 30.

realcZk

Agree. Plan C giving enhanced movement speed just helps it in 1v1 situations, like it wasn't ridiculous already. The only counter for PI is strafing behind cover as they fire. If, for some reason, they catch you in the open, you're screwed entirely.

you cant even really counter them with skill at medium range, you literally just have to take cover or crouch walk all the damn time so they cant prefire you. in the time it would take to get two headshots off with a handcannon they are already tbagging your dead body

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Wow, need to move the Vex up on my list of things to max out now. What a gun.
So did they fix Thorn's pvp dot? Or was that just too much fun to not be bugged? lol
It's fixed. Thorn is a godkiller now.
DestinyGAF, I have been inspired to fire up Destiny for the first time in weeks following all of the buzz about the patch today. Unlike you all though my only character is a 21 and I feel that I am in a leveling blackhole that I cannot escape from.

I really don't play all that much and when I do I usually crank through the story mission for the day and... that's it. It seems like the most painful level to be in as you are too far out from when Legendaries come into play and you just rely on getting random ass Rares to level up light.

What can I do that isn't a huge time sink that can get me up to higher levels?
If you can only play a little bit per day, forget about the daily altogether and do as many Vanguard Bounties and Playlist Strikes as you can that day. You need to hit Vanguard Rank 2, and buy your first legendary piece. A few Bounties per day will get you there, and you'll get marks from Strikes.

Namikaze1

Monte Carlo is so stable compared to several hours ago. Shit got the PlayStation Stability treatment. Still not worth sacrificing an Exotic slot for.

Strider

Monte Carlo is so stable compared to several hours ago. Shit got the PlayStation Stability treatment. Still not worth sacrificing an Exotic slot for.

Yep my thoughts exactly. It is pretty cool just how often the melee procs tho. Throwing knives everywhere yo

Nodnol

Man this patch is great.

I know it's been a drip feed, but they are listening and doing something. It's always on their terms, I respect that, but this game has evolved since launch.

I was looking at the Crucible Quartermaster's wares the other day, wondering what to buy with my 200 marks. I didn't buy anything; I don't need another weapon and I don't need the energy at the moment. Good to know I can buy mats if need be.

Mote of Light, Strange Coin and Ass Material were all possible drops from a public event package prepatch IIRC.

That's the way I remember it. I was having a bitch of a time getting a strange coin from one when I needed it. It's possible I was only getting ass mats but I do think I got Motes Of Light.

realcZk

Need two more, who wants to join the Raiding Party?

i can join but itll be a bit later than 5pm, just NOW leaving work. will be on in 10 min or so, psn is bytestyle, if you dont want to wait its cool.

EDIT: nvm, chamber got it ! (i already have the trophy was just gonna help)

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
Would anyone be interested in armor set buffs?

AKA purchase an entire set from a vendor and get a stat/light boost?

noomi

Planning on being up very early tomorrow, right after the reset @ 4AM EST. I'll have about 2 hours to play before work, would love to knock out 2x nightfalls.

Level 30 hunter here (PS4), if anyone is interested let me know :)

Strider

I just want transmog so I could wear what looks like a mask of third man but still get a fourth golden gun shot. Get on it Bungie.

Man this patch is great.

I know it's been a drip feed, but they are listening and doing something. It's always on their terms, I respect that, but this game has evolved since launch.

I was looking at the Crucible Quartermaster's wares the other day, wondering what to buy with my 200 marks. I didn't buy anything; I don't need another weapon and I don't need the energy at the moment. Good to know I can buy mats if need be.

I don't mean to be a downer but no matter how much they change things the one thing that still remains is the lack of content and whatever content there is is super repetitive. If they could somehow change enemy spawn types and locations that would go a long way. The bounties and patrol missions as well. It's the same thing over and over.

I'm glad I actually have a good reason to shard my extra Mytho's. Felt like such a waste before, but now I actually don't mind doing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom