• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT11| It goes up to 11!

Status
Not open for further replies.
hang on, so how big was the patch? i've been downloading a 2.44 GB file for a while now and it's going painfully slow. i just read a polygon article that says it was only 75 MB though.

what am i downloading?

hang on, so how big was the patch? i've been downloading a 2.44 GB file for a while now and it's going painfully slow. i just read a polygon article that says it was only 75 MB though.

what am i downloading?

That was a preparatory patch from a week ago. Today's patch was like 78MB.

realcZk

what am i downloading?

2.4gb was the last patch, the new patch is 2.44 but it should only have to download 0.04gb, then 75mb once you actually launch the game (according to my experience).

there was a long "preparing" time for me

what am i downloading?

Isn't that the size of the previous patch?

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
So are public time events not giving rewards from the postmaster if you do your first gold 3 star daily

All 3 chars finished their PTE's respectively (Gold rating), but nothing at the postmaster...

PepperedHam

Getting back into the game this week, liking what I'm seeing with these patches.

Do you guys reckon there will still be folks running Vault of Glass often enough after The Dark Below comes out?

On the Bungie.Net forum, someone is reporting that completing your first public event of a day now gives a Mote of Light? Anyone else confirm?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
So are public time events not giving rewards from the postmaster if you do your first gold 3 star daily

All 3 chars finished their PTE's respectively (Gold rating), but nothing at the postmaster...
seems to be a known bug or whatever, don't know if it's universal but people are definitely reporting not getting them.

Nothing about it in the patch notes so hopefully a glitch. Maybe after reset it will work again and it got thrown off with this patch somehow, I dunno.

I know you're starved for Ascendant mats!

hydruxo

Invective's reload is on par with Found Verdict's now as far as I can tell. That was a big reason why I never used Invective much before. Reload was always too slow.

why strange coins instead of mote of light :/ I assume everyone here has alot of mote of light especially if you have 3 characters. Well if anything it makes getting extra exotic bounties worth doing now.

Well, it's easier to get strange coins. You're guaranteed 27 every week with 3 characters.

Strider

Well, it's easier to get strange coins. You're guaranteed 27 every week with 3 characters.

Yea plus a lot of people never buy any weapon/gear from Xur because they already have them.

New shards give Xur purpose again besides being a disappointment lol. I like it.

rNilla

Still spots open? I could do it onmy Titan since I've never once raided with my alt.

Yup, you're in! Still looking for others!

Looking to run a quick Normal raid around 5PM CST (<30 mins from now) or soon thereafter for the Raiding Party trophy. Any and all are welcome. There will be bonus fun to be had defeating the Templar the normal way.

We'll use the AchieveTrophies GAF clan:
http://www.bungie.net/en/Clan/Forum/429327

1. rNilla
2. hydruxo (?)
3. InvisibleStride

RoKKeR

DestinyGAF, I have been inspired to fire up Destiny for the first time in weeks following all of the buzz about the patch today. Unlike you all though my only character is a 21 and I feel that I am in a leveling blackhole that I cannot escape from.

I really don't play all that much and when I do I usually crank through the story mission for the day and... that's it. It seems like the most painful level to be in as you are too far out from when Legendaries come into play and you just rely on getting random ass Rares to level up light.

What can I do that isn't a huge time sink that can get me up to higher levels?

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
I'm wondering if weapon bounties have changed. I've got the one for Bad Juju and it's taking forever to gain exp in crucible.
I also picked up the bounties for killing 25 Hunters, Warlocks and Titans and have almost completed them all and the weapon bounty has barely moved.
So I have killed 25 Hunters, 22 Warlocks and 25 Titans and only have 2800 exp towards the weapon bounty.

Seemed to finish this quicker last time.

Looking to run a quick Normal raid around 5PM CST (<30 mins from now) or soon thereafter for the Raiding Party trophy. Any and all are welcome. There will be bonus fun to be had defeating the Templar the normal way.

We'll use the AchieveTrophies GAF clan:
http://www.bungie.net/en/Clan/Forum/429327

1. rNilla
2. hydruxo (?)

I'm in if there's still space. I have a new Defender Titan who just hit Level 28 and is dying to pop his raid cherry. PSN is grimlock33

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom