• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT11| It goes up to 11!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lima

Did anyone make a thread over at gaming side for the new patch? I'm afraid to look. Probably full of people that hate on Destiny and too little too late shit.

I was too busy playing Dragon Age to grind some coins to get Plan C. Thing sounds stupid as hell with all the complaints I'm reading ;_;

CREMSteve

I just did two bounties I had in my inventory pre-patch, one was kill Sardyk on the moon mission and the other was kill divisive mind on black heart mission.

I did both but did not get credit for the kills to complete the bounties. Wtf

Rainmaker

Banned
I see a lot of people talking about it and as someone who just got to the PvP part of the Thorn bounty, I am not looking forward to it at all... but I want the gun pretty damn bad. I enjoy the crucible here and there but am not very good at it.

RoKKeR

If you can only play a little bit per day, forget about the daily altogether and do as many Vanguard Bounties and Playlist Strikes as you can that day. You need to hit Vanguard Rank 2, and buy your first legendary piece. A few Bounties per day will get you there, and you'll get marks from Strikes.

Thanks for this, I'll give it a go next time I'm on.

Lima

Man I was excited to try out the Mythoclast in PvP again (don't worry it's still shit) but hot damn dat Thorn. I already liked it back when it had a 6 round mag but now? It's gonna be hard deciding between TLW or Thorn.

Funny how the PvP shifted from Auto Rifles dominating to Handcannons. I for one like this change.

Strider

Did anyone make a thread over at gaming side for the new patch? I'm afraid to look. Probably full of people that hate on Destiny and too little too late shit.

I did. Def some hate in there, but it actually is going better than I predicted lol

Just had 3.0 k/d with 18 kills with the Monte Carlo.....no upgrades. Things beastly now.

Really? I got the drop last week and I just vaulted it. I'm glad it is now worth something. It seems like all the exotics are good to the point where not one would just dominate the game, everyone will argue that their favorite is the best.

Also doing the weekly 28 with my level 29 hunter if anyone wants to join in. PSN: Darryl_M_R

I just did two bounties I had in my inventory pre-patch, one was kill Sardyk on the moon mission and the other was kill divisive mind on black heart mission.

I did both but did not get credit for the kills to complete the bounties. Wtf

Are you sure Heroic modifier was on?

Just had 3.0 k/d with 18 kills with the Monte Carlo.....no upgrades. Things beastly now.

This excites me. It's such a cool gun.

Upgraded 4 legendary weapons I had been putting off grinding mats for and a few raid gear pieces. Ran out of glimmer. This update has improved my quality of life.

X-Frame

Anybody need one of the Weekly Strike's @ 28?

I'm at Phogoth if someone wants to join and help me kill him. Quick coins if you haven't already.

PSN: X-Frame

I'm working my way through this one too and I don't even have a void primary. I'm at around 120/500. All you need is assists at the very least. I take pot shots at everyone I can and then hide like a bitch. I run for heavy ammo because at least I have a machine gun for a while. I don't play Crucible enough to know where the spawns are so I sometimes die just looking for it.

I don't think assists count for anything, kills only. Atheons Epilogue is an assist machine and flaunted missed kills in my face. Best to use Fusion/Shotty and an MC.

Varvor

tbf he did get the highest k/d

He had the best k/d :)

didn't even die. Well deserved ;)

But he has the best k/d on the team! haha

Hope you enjoy the ass mats from that engram. Although one guy I played with got a Truth from the purple engram that dropped after today's daily.

Edit: haha lots of people want to talk about his k/d

Must be trolling me, fella joined in the end got two kills and monte carlo...funny guys are funny

hydruxo

I was just messing around with it in patrol and I really like how much better the stability is now. Really glad to hear it's good in PVP because it's such an awesome looking gun.

Ridli

Within 4 minutes of the patch I end up with a Legendary Engram from a random Greg. Go to the cryptartch - it's a Universal Remote. Finish up my bounties and Dead Orbit sends me a level up package with an Emblem, Strange Coin, Mote, and a Broken Truth sniper (perks rolled a little meh).

I think I'm gonna ignore everything I learned in statistics and proclaim this the best patch ever.

Also, I'm so glad they fixed the Last Word holster point so that it fits in the small of your back. It looked stupid in across the back.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
B30FdMqCQAAMeEA.jpg:large
good grief

Christ, just wasted 45 minutes trying to help my kid through a tiger strike. The game only matched two of us, both my kid, and the blueberry were 24. They made it up to the nexus strike and wipe, so I take over. We were getting stomped, but got him down to 5%. He was getting one run by goblins and goes down,so I clear a few and jump in for the revive. He goes to fucking orbit with me in the middle of a shit load of goblins. I'm so stunned I can't think straight enough to get myself out of trouble and bam, I'm dead.

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
It's probably been brought up already, but you probably want to balance bounties and strikes. Strikes give you mark to buy gear, but you need rep to actually get access to the gear and bounties are a good source of rep.
I tried throwing vanguard gang signs in front of the vendor but street cred doesnt seem to help reputation

Gotcha, thanks. I'll be sure to keep bounties ticking over in my inventory while doing these strikes.
Doing a cool jig in front of them doesn't seem to work either.

Atkison04

Love the new material options on the patch. First thing I did was go to tower with all 3 of my characters and burned my crucible marks on material. Walked away with over 200 of each without touching the vanguard marks yet. Such a good feeling for future upgrades :) I'm not sure what I'll do during down time without farming (thank God).

good grief

Hopefully the Gaf Crucibulldozer will still be rolling later tonight. Stupid real life, haha.

Keep up the good work fellas and lady, glad Lik is getting some solid pvp time in.

Hey Hawk, I notice your in clan TGAF. What's TGAF, and is it very active? Haven't had any clan activity in DGAF NA WEST forever...

Cheers,

Nicko

All those regional Gaf clans from the beta are pretty much dead, as far as I know. People only really use the clans for the trophies and then just do "match making" in this thread and in the Raid thread from the gaming section.

someday

Banned
I don't think assists count for anything, kills only. Atheons Epilogue is an assist machine and flaunted missed kills in my face. Best to use Fusion/Shotty and an MC.
Really? I thought it was the same as the Invective bounty where you need a k/d of 25:1. I did that one in 3 games and only went positive twice. I assumed it was counting assists.

Lima

Yes, and a wise move handling it that way.

Good good. Man I love this patch. Dat fresh game feel right now my friends.

so if you're sitting on max vang marks right now would you blow it all on mats before reset dlc

Only buy the mats you need right now. I mean the option is not going away. Besides you can earn another 100 starting tomorrow. Who knows if the new legendary gear is even any good.

Really? I thought it was the same as the Invective bounty where you need a k/d of 25:1. I did that one in 3 games and only went positive twice. I assumed it was counting assists.

Assists don't count for Thorn bounty.

so if you're sitting on max vang marks right now would you blow it all on mats before reset dlc

I wouldn't blow them all because I'm guessing/assuming that new vendor weapons/armor will be added with the DLC, so there might be stuff you actually want to buy from them.

I'm assuming people will have plenty of mats now between the marks, patrols, dailies, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom