• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT11| It goes up to 11!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BadAss2961

Any new consensus on the best PvE weapon from this update? Vision of Confluence seemed to be the primary of choice before the patch -- has anything overtaken it?

hydruxo

Any new consensus on the best PvE weapon from this update? Vision of Confluence seemed to be the primary of choice before the patch -- has anything overtaken it?

It's probably the Vex, goes up to 323 dmg if you max it out. I ran the daily heroic earlier and it melted everything.

zewone

Fatebringer was always debated vs. VoC as being best PVE primary. Nothing has changed in that regard. Thorn is just a lot of fun to use now.

Now that I think about it, if dismantling exotic items results in exotic shards, does that mean they stop dropping ass materials in the process?

Mindlog

Hard Templar does not screw around :]
I have video. He shot a grenade out of my hand. Hunter grenades are the worst.

Also: Praetorian Foil!
Collect the whole set - Trophy Unlocked.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I see some Super Bad Opinions over in that other lil' thread!
Meh I mean, not really, if you considered the VoC the best before I don't see anything that'd change your mind, it is fantastic.
Hey Hawk, I notice your in clan TGAF. What's TGAF, and is it very active? Haven't had any clan activity in DGAF NA WEST forever...

Cheers,

Nicko
Shot in the dark, I'm going to wager that TGAF is the tag of the Trophy Achievements clan I just joined for the Raiding Party trophy? It's nothing real. Gonna switch back to Destiny NA East, not that it really has much impact on anything.

zewone

Vex seems like it was buffed in PvP too. Might be my imagination though.

It was.

Before patch

25 body shot and 35 head.

Now
27 body and 41 head.
It wasn't buffed per say, but they initially meant to reduce it's damage by 34%. Some guy at Bungie hit the 4 key by accident so it dropped by 44% unintentionally. It's now back to 34% reduction from what it initially was.

Zocano

I'm glad we can actually do Hard Templar for real. It's a fun fight and now people can try to develop strategies. He's a lot more flexible, I feel, than Atheon but also much harder and you have to thread the needle a lot more when it comes to time...

sort of like a WoW Raid Boss.

Ugh. Took me 2 matches to get to 13/500 and one match got me to 0 now. I think I need to give up on Thorn.

Void fusion, play super conservatively, don't engage unless you out number the opponent and always run around with at least one other player.

The Thorn PVP bounty is no place for a fair fight.

It wasn't buffed per say, but they initially meant to reduce it's damage by 34%. Some guy at Bungie hit the 4 key by accident so it dropped by 44% unintentionally. It's now back to 34% reduction from what it initially was.

is that the official story?

i thought that kinda thing is triple checked...

phen0m24

Wow, so I hopped on the Sony Customer Service chat to ask about getting my Pulse Elites repaired or replaced.

They are 8 months old. I bought them from a Sony store that has since closed. :(

They needed a receipt. From 8 months ago. I have a credit card statement. Who keeps a receipt from 8 months ago?
This isn't taxes, people.

So basically that shiny expensive headset you bought with that nice design flaw (plastic rings that crack)? Enjoy them. They won't be replaced, and if you want to get them repaired you have to go to the store you bought them from. which doesn't exist any longer

Greatness awaits. For the players.
Or not.

realcZk

wow... that buff to mida that makes its shots stagger is really damn good... axis minotaurs get stun locked and can't even shoot you...

Strider

The Vex is definitely viable in PVP now. In fact, many different weapons are. Great job Bungie!

Yep. I was most excited to see Monte Carlo being decent :D I'l def use that from time to time now.

I didn't get completely wrecked by Thorn like I thought I was going to as well. It's clearly very good but it wasn't too annoying.

Lima

The Vex is definitely viable in PVP now. In fact, many different weapons are. Great job Bungie!

I mean I'm comparing it to its former glory and it's nowhere near. I just haven't accepted this fact yet. It easily gets outclassed by Thorn and TLW but at least it's a viable against Suros now which was my main issue with it.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Yep. I was most excited to see Monte Carlo being decent :D I'l def use that from time to time now.

I didn't get completely wrecked by Thorn like I thought I was going to as well. It's clearly very good but it wasn't too annoying.
Still takes considerable skill to use, not like they changed the aiming or damage. in the right hands it's just monstrous though.

Wow, so I hopped on the Sony Customer Service chat to ask about getting my Pulse Elites repaired or replaced.

They are 8 months old. I bought them from a Sony store that has since closed. :(

They needed a receipt. From 8 months ago. I have a credit card statement. Who keeps a receipt from 8 months ago?
This isn't taxes, people.

So basically that shiny expensive headset you bought with that nice design flaw (plastic rings that crack)? Enjoy them. They won't be replaced, and if you want to get them repaired you have to go to the store you bought them from. which doesn't exist any longer

Greatness awaits. For the players.
Or not.

Merry...Christmas...?

EL CUCO

I would've liked a touch more impact on Bad JuJu but I really like that weapon now.

My Super stays ready while using it lol

hydruxo

I would've liked a touch more impact on Bad JuJu but I really like that weapon now.

My Super stays ready while using it lol

Gonna be real useful for Crota's End with that 'Weight of Darkness' debuff where thralls are running at you. Chaining kills together and getting endless supers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom