• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT11| It goes up to 11!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nah people were failing more due to the pressure than anything.

Hope we can get a list down on prospective flawless raiders now. We have enough for a team...

So far we have (the ones that I can remember)

Me
You
Boguester

Would anyone else interested put your name down? Maybe we could organise a time that would suit most people...
I can always add 3x flawless raider to my list :p but only if you guys can't find a 6th. I know some people still want to do it and I don't want to take thier spot.

Strider

I don't play the crucible much, is The Last Word worth upgrading?

IMO Last Word is the best gun in PvP... as long as the recoil doesn't totally throw you off It kills ridiculously fast.. so yes it's worth leveling up to the "Last Word" ability.

--

So who all is down for PvP? My PSN is Tstrider.

LiK

so annoying playing with a controller that will drop me out of sprint or randomly make me walk half speed

I've walked into this issue too. what's the deal and how do i fix?

I already mentioned this before, your left stick is busted. I had to deal with the same issue for weeks including during the Flawless runs. Launch DS4 build quality is shit. I bought a new controller and I don't have that issue anymore.

IMO Last Word is the best gun in PvP... as long as the recoil doesn't totally throw you off It kills ridiculously fast.. so yes it's worth leveling up to the "Last Word" ability.

--

So who all is down for PvP? My PSN is Tstrider.

joining in a second

I already mentioned this before, your left stick is busted. I had to deal with the same issue for weeks including during the Flawless runs. Launch DS4 build quality is shit. I bought a new controller and I don't have that issue anymore.

i bought mine in june though

Trying to remote play from work but keep getting either :

- NP-8733-1 Error

OR

- A DNS server cannot be used.

I have no idea what either of these are. My vita is doing all the other stuff except remote play.

Aggro'd wife while at work, I am out of Xbox One HM raid (if I was considered). May jump on WAY later, if you need help.

Wow, the long-distance aggro. Rarely seen.

Actually during a boss fight the higher the relationship value the easier it is to aggro.

I on the other hand am in the middle of a divorce. So instead of trying to deal with aggro juggling I just wiped the instance.

exYle

Does anyone else dislike the proportions of the male characters? The leaner look of the girls looks so much better it's not even funny.

Only for Hunters, males look weird. But female Titans look similarly strange - they should definitely be tanky. Warlocks can go either way

LordofPwn

Sigh... there goes my 2nd... my other one has a busted R2 spring...

Do the upgrades to weapons at the vanguard quartermaster change? I wanted a shadow price with glass half full and the upgrade that increases it's ammo, but those aren't the upgrades I see. It's weird because in my Destiny companion app, it says the shadow price should have the upgrades I want, but it's not the same as in-game.

HALP

X-Frame

Yeah Urk said in the last OT that they're planning on releasing it day one.

That's the plan at the moment according to Urk. You already have a group lined up to do it the day it releases?

Yeah I saw that, hopefully that plan stays on schedule! Thanks!

And nope, no group yet, you? I have that Thurs and Fri off after the 9th (11th and 12th) so after experiencing whatever new content there is, I'd like to try the raid that weekend or something after people finished it.

While the thought of going in completely blind sounds fun, I just don't know if I want to spend 12 hours trying to clear it, haha. Though I assume the 12 hours for the first teams were because everyone was under leveled -- as a 30 now I probably will be over the level of most of the Normal mode enemies. Hmmm.

I can always add 3x flawless raider to my list :p but only if you guys can't find a 6th. I know some people still want to do it and I don't want to take thier spot.

Go ahead and add yourself. I just want to see how many people can/will do it. Personally I can't even start to attempt it till the weekend

LiK

Sigh... there goes my 2nd... my other one has a busted R2 spring...

are they both black and released earlier? I got the white one. I read the white and colored ones have improved build quality. so far no squeaky triggers and the sticks seem a tad tighter.

Strider

Yeah I saw that, hopefully that plan stays on schedule! Thanks!

And nope, no group yet, you? I have that Thurs and Fri off after the 9th (11th and 12th) so after experiencing whatever new content there is, I'd like to try the raid that weekend or something after people finished it.

While the thought of going in completely blind sounds fun, I just don't know if I want to spend 12 hours trying to clear it, haha. Though I assume the 12 hours for the first teams were because everyone was under leveled -- as a 30 now I probably will be over the level of most of the Normal mode enemies. Hmmm.

Nope no group for me yet. I'd be up for us finding 4 others to tackle it that weekend. I'd like to go blind but if we get really stuck at a specific part we can look up a guide lol

But yea we're heading into this raid level 30 and with max weapons. Shouldn't take 12 hours like it took some people with the VoG first time through.

We should start a group :0

are they both black and released earlier? I got the white one. I read the white and colored ones have improved build quality. so far no squeaky triggers and the sticks seem a tad tighter.

I am kinda disappointed with the quality of controllers this gen. I mean come on Sony. You are on your 4th console... you should have this shit locked down on quality control.

Strider

I am kinda disappointed with the quality of controllers this gen. I mean come on Sony. You are on your 4th console... you should have this shit locked down on quality control.

Overall I'm happy with every controller besides the DS4. Pro controller for WiiU and XB1 controller are great IMO.

The analog sticks are my biggest problem with DS4.

Interesting. It also happens if you're not on flat geometry though, and it's the only class i've run into this issue, therefore i classify it as a glitch, but if that's the intended use then i'm glad i never have to run the VOG with my hunter ever again.

Yeah, I guess it could be a glitch in the sense that with other classes, one foot on geometry, one foot off may not be penalized as being off of the geometry but with the Hunter it is. But, it's pretty easily avoided if you launch a step or so early. I just know that with something like a Warlock, I jump well before the edge since I know that I have plenty of horizontal glide, but I always push the Hunter to the edge to get squeak out that last little bit.

Plus, a Hunter triple jump is a set amount of button pushes, where I feel like the other two are more of a fuel timer type of boost. You can pulse the boost as many times as you want until you use it up. Wasting a button push on the Hunter is much more obvious.

LiK

Overall I'm happy with every controller besides the DS4. Pro controller for WiiU and XB1 controller are great IMO.

my problem with XB1 controller is that the sticks are way looser which I don't like. Feels like DS3 sticks. I also hate the battery compartment. seems loose there as well.

wish they simply made it similar to 360 controller. at least they fixed the d-pad.

hydruxo

Nope no group for me yet. I'd be up for us finding 4 others to tackle it that weekend. I'd like to go blind but if we get really stuck at a specific part we can look up a guide lol

But yea we're heading into this raid level 30 and with max weapons. Shouldn't take 12 hours like it took some people with the VoG first time through.

Idk if my raid group is all getting the DLC right away but if they're not then I'd be down to join yall for the new raid. I want to go in blind too because I didn't get to do that with VoG.

Strider

my problem with XB1 controller is that the sticks are way looser which I don't like. Feels like DS3 sticks. I also hate the battery compartment. seems loose there as well.

True I can understand those complaints. The sticks dont bother me but I will say I hate the bumpers though. They feel so stiff.

Greenymac

Not so much aggro as she wants to hang out and watch a movie. She got hurt at work so shes kinda bored, so shes planning the night way in advance.

When my woman plans my night, she has a bad night. She better ask if Im okay with it before anything. She knows where her bread is buttered....

Hoodbury

I just double checked that match and he did indeed have that medal. 1 assist 14 deaths

Thanks for not bringing up my KDR in that match, no need to, it's not relevant to the story at hand... /whistles

It was funny because didn't we see a .06 earlier in a match and both said that was the lowest we've ever seen? Then to see a 0.00. Pretty special since it wasn't an afk 0.00 either.

LordofPwn

I bought one before i had my PS4, got 1 with the system, and another black one i got this summer. of those 1 has the stick issue, the other has the trigger issue, and 1 is fine for now.

Yeah, I guess it could be a glitch in the sense that with other classes, one foot on geometry, one foot off may not be penalized as being off of the geometry but with the Hunter it is. But, it's pretty easily avoided if you launch a step or so early. I just know that with something like a Warlock, I jump well before the edge since I know that I have plenty of horizontal glide, but I always push the Hunter to the edge to get squeak out that last little bit.

Plus, a Hunter triple jump is a set amount of button pushes, where I feel like the other two are more of a fuel timer type of boost. You can pulse the boost as many times as you want until you use it up. Wasting a button push on the Hunter is much more obvious.
glitch or not, it's frustrating when you least expect it. I love Hunter jumps for PVP and moving around combat, but for traveling/climbing i prefer Warlock/Titan

Nah people were failing more due to the pressure than anything.

Hope we can get a list down on prospective flawless raiders now. We have enough for a team...

So far we have (the ones that I can remember)

Me
You
Boguester

Would anyone else interested put your name down? Maybe we could organise a time that would suit most people...

I'm definitely interested, mind adding me to the (prospective) list?

I was thinking we were talking hard flawless seeing as everyone has been talking about failing...So I guess Im ready for flawless whenever a group can form up and it matches my schedule. Hoping DRDrizzay will be there too.

I would be up for it with you bros as soon as my hunter hits 30.

My warlock could do it now but the jumping puzzle, might mess me up lol (although I am normally fine)

Lima

Ups forgot to start the stream lol

http://www.twitch.tv/revolverned

2 Men 1 Raid on normal

We are already at gorgon's labyrinth and invited a 3rd to open the door. It's the sunbro perspective sadly so you don't see the exciting hunter part in the portals at Atheon.

So far we have

Lollipop
Greenymac
Boguester (FR)
Irawrsaurus (FR)
Galactic Toast
MandrakeUK
Hydruxo

Requoting and added fr(flawless raider) to people who have already done it.

Deku Tree

I don't want a new DLC thread and I don't know if I can participate in two threads. But someone is going to create a DLC thread so it might as well be an active participant in this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom