• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT11| It goes up to 11!

Status
Not open for further replies.
After doing the raid with all of the classes, i think i prefer titan the most. I seem to do more damage and take less damage. plus titan and hunter are great for getting past the op ledge in case you get bumped, you can actually usually make it back up onto it. my only problem with hunter is i've had the jump glitch and on my first jump, it gives me my second... Warlock makes for soft safe landings but cant do clutch saves with its jump.

Not a glitch. It used to be a problem for me until it was explained. It's when you are running off of a platform and push just a bit too far and your first jump is really a mid air jump, so you essentially used up the #2 part of a double or triple jump. I think the way the Hunter jump works really promotes a last second launch since you need that to get quality distance like the other classes.

Edited: quoted the wrong post.

In my opinion, no. Its all i wanted to do for iron banner was use my thorn and bungie fucked it all up. I think I ended up playiong like 2 IB matches because of it. FUCK YOU BUNGIE.

Also all this flawless run talk. We talking hard or normal? If we are talking normal, then I can run a flawless all day with my eyes closed...Hard is a little tougher but i still think manageable. Luckily, Im one of those people who doesnt get nervous.

Lol flawless is flawless. Who would want to do it on hard?

who's on for crucible?

Looks like Kartik might have signed off, but me (drdrizzay) and astro are up for some. Looks like Rubenov just finished his raid also.

I know for a fact I could do it, hell last week's Newbie raid 3 of us made it to the Gatekeepers without dying. But the stress... yikes. I mean sometimes I just fall off stuff. D: And the supplicants want to be my friend a lot

I dunno, maybe one day. I just hate the idea of dying and ruining it for the other 5 in the group so, so much. I love the VoG and don't want it to stop being fun because of that added layer.

Yeah you could do it easily I'm sure.

1.) We prioritize supplicant control big time so that they should never get very close.
2.) Everyone who has run flawless is very familiar with that stress of not wanting to let people down. Honestly its always been the biggest motivating factor for me to try and play well/concentrate.
3.) It's definitely stressful, and maybe I'm just masochistic like this, but its a very invigorating and fun type of stress. Personally I recommend only 2 runs max at any given time just to keep the stress at bay. We definitely ran it too hard back when we were first doing it, haha.
4.) I bet a lot of people around here who already have the trophy would run it with you so that way you wouldn't have to worry about messing up their achievement and it would be more fun.

If you're the relic holder, after being TP'd you kill the mobs inside and then drop the relic to shoot the oracles, picking it back up to cleanse in between.. You want to use MG or rocket launchers if possible, golden gun, and some oracles are able to be destroyed with the relic shield smash mid-air.

Right before you get teleported, you'll need a sunsinger warlock to stay outside and die before Atheon opens the portals, then self-revive as soon as you get teleported so they can stay outside to open the gates and let you back out.

I was under the impression if the Relic is dropped and picked up again, the cleanse cooldown is reset?

1507364_985159094831496_2805861892323514453_o.jpg

Finally! That last upgrade bubble on Defender took forever haha.

Greenymac

Lol flawless is flawless. Who would want to do it on hard?

I was thinking we were talking hard flawless seeing as everyone has been talking about failing...So I guess Im ready for flawless whenever a group can form up and it matches my schedule. Hoping DRDrizzay will be there too.

Frenden

Banned
thorn
hawkmoon
the last word
fatebringer
timur's lash
used to own a regulator
some rare hand cannon nobody knows about that i thought looked kinda cool (lock_arete)

Hand Cannon roll-call:

Hawkmoon
Timur's Lash x 6 (I want to level them all!)
Red Hand (w/third eye and explosive rounds, great for pvp!)
The Chance (w/field scout!)
The Devil You Know

Wanted:

Fatebringer
Last Word (I was out of town when Xur sold it.)
Thorn

EL CUCO

I still need to upgrade it to get the DoT effect. Crucible bounties should make that easily attainable.

Yeah it's worth it! It makes the fun level on the gun go off the charts. I love shooting Hive/Fallen ships and watching them glow green during public events.

jett

D-Member
Does anyone else dislike the proportions of the male characters? The leaner look of the girls looks so much better it's not even funny.

Never run into this glitch. can you elaborate more?

Got wrecked by it last night.

I think the two-man Raid team ran into it if you're interested in a video of it, but basically you'll complete the Gatekeeper portion and suddenly the whole team will be Expunged. When a Raid group I ran with encountered it, we actually were expunged twice over; we finished the fight, were expunged shortly after, and upon respawning we were expunged again.

At first I thought we had minotaurs sacrificing in the conflux at the last second since this was shortly after the update that was causing vex to spawn on/next to the conflux, but it happened another time when we had only one sacrifice near the beginning of the conflux defense portion.

If you were to dig up OT9, that's where a lot of discussion on the issue took place.

Spy

I have been doing the raid since the first week it was released and have finally collected every raid weapon, just got the Vex Mythoclast. Sitting at level 30 with 2405 Grimoire Score and not sure what to do now, lol.

I have been doing the raid since the first week it was released and have finally collected every raid weapon, just got the Vex Mythoclast. Sitting at level 30 with 2405 Grimoire Score and not sure what to do now, lol.
Stockpile materials in preparation for the Dark Below and all the fab new weapons?

All of this talk about Guardian Lord got my curiosity churning... What would it take for me to get this trophy? Lets see:

Relic Hunter - Need to play some salvage games I guess.
Raiding Party - Should be pretty easy since the [GAFR] clan looks to be growing.
Flawless Raider - Once Xur has his Black Friday Gjallerhorn blowout, I'll be ready to flawless.
Ghost Hunter - I would probably have to coordinate this one with some music, my grimoire cards up on my phone, and a tablet with the location youtube video running.

I'm kind of surprised that I'm only four trophies away without consciously going for any particular trophy.

Greenymac

Hand Cannon roll-call:

Hawkmoon
Timur's Lash x 6 (I want to level them all!)
Red Hand (w/third eye and explosive rounds, great for pvp!)
The Chance (w/field scout!)
The Devil You Know

Wanted:

Fatebringer
Last Word (I was out of town when Xur sold it.)
Thorn

Lord High Fixer
TDYK
TLW
VENATION
Fatebringer
A little voice
Regulator
The Chance
Thorn

Wanted:
Hawkmoon
Hawkmoon
Hawkmoon
Hawkmoon
Red Death
Oh and Hawkmoon

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Man... not to go off topic or cross-pollinate but I cannot believe that Guild Wars 2 and The Dark Below are at this moment the same price. silly gaming market, you cray
Is Thorn still good in PVP after the "unintentional" nerf?
Imo, yes. You can build around its weaknesses just like you could before- anything for general, primary, or hand cannon reload speed makes it beastly- and it still carries a sort of intimidation factor that's hard to put my finger on. If you get good with it now you'll be superman after the buff.
1507364_985159094831496_2805861892323514453_o.jpg

Finally! That last upgrade bubble on Defender took forever haha.
Grats! You're on the list.

I was thinking we were talking hard flawless seeing as everyone has been talking about failing...So I guess Im ready for flawless whenever a group can form up and it matches my schedule. Hoping DRDrizzay will be there too.

Nah people were failing more due to the pressure than anything.

Hope we can get a list down on prospective flawless raiders now. We have enough for a team...

So far we have (the ones that I can remember)

Me
You
Boguester

Would anyone else interested put your name down? Maybe we could organise a time that would suit most people...

LordofPwn

Not a glitch. It used to be a problem for me until it was explained. It's when you are running off of a platform and push just a bit too far and your first jump is really a mid air jump, so you essentially used up the #2 part of a double or triple jump. I think the way the Hunter jump works really promotes a last second launch since you need that to get quality distance like the other classes.

Edited: quoted the wrong post.

Interesting. It also happens if you're not on flat geometry though, and it's the only class i've run into this issue, therefore i classify it as a glitch, but if that's the intended use then i'm glad i never have to run the VOG with my hunter ever again.

LiK

Imo, yes. You can build around its weaknesses just like you could before- anything for general, primary, or hand cannon reload speed makes it beastly- and it still carries a sort of intimidation factor that's hard to put my finger on. If you get good with it now you'll be superman after the buff.

alright cool, i'll try to level it up to get all the perks for it. I'll probably give Thorn to my Hunter and let my Warlock keep TLW. Maybe I'll get TDYK for my Titan instead. I joined the HC club.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom