• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT11| It goes up to 11!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Midas

Wonderful. Since its a Hive Raid I'm guessing Solar and Arc might come in handy (Wizards and Knights). Then again VoG only had Praetorians shielded so elemental a might not even play an enormous role. I have 300/300/300 Solar, by next week I'll 300/300/300 Arc too just to be ready for whatever comes. It's almost embarrassing how excited I am for the new Raid :p

Plan C and VoC will be just fine then. :)

LiK

I thought about it, but then Far Cry 4, LEGO Batman 3, Kingdom Hearts 2.5 HD ReMIX, The Dark Below and the Dec PS+ Games gave me that look...
Heh, I just had to get it. Will most likely save it for Xmas vacation. Wanted Deluxe Edition but the content was kinda crap:

Dyno

I finished the Weekly on 26 and got a total of four blue engrams. Went to the Cryptarch and got nothing special but it did level him up from 15 to 16. So I hit the Post Office and receive a legendary primary engram! Oh nice! I'm trying to buy a purple auto rifle so maybe I'll get lucky. I got an auto rifle alright, Suros Regime. RNGesus will still turn a legenary to an exotic. Very nice, very nice.

They have really toned down nightfall rewards, seeing slot of coin rewards e.t.c . I myself got 8 ass energies as did the other 2 on my team. Seriously? I have almost always got a legendary gun before.

Not to mention cryptach levelling less on blues.

shem935

Banned
They have really toned down nightfall rewards, seeing slot of coin rewards e.t.c . I myself got 8 ass energies as did the other 2 on my team. Seriously? I have almost always got a legendary gun before.

Not to mention cryptach levelling less on blues.

Well I mean it's not like Rahool gave us anything but the Blues :/

X-Frame

Yea, perks are kinda shit. Hoping its as good as it looks.

But... Four barrels!!! And five shots!!!

Doesn't it fire all four shots at once? Thus triggering the final round perk immediately, yielding insane damage. The gain ammo on kill basicly assures you can keep firing it as long as you get kills, which should be easy if all shotgun shots hit the target at once. That sounds fucking beastly. Could be misremembering since I can't see the links at work, but this is from memory from the previous leak.

I think the idea is that it hits like a truck and the last bullet kind of emulates that effect. Doesn't matter since shotguns are horrendous in this game and you don't wanna be reloading up in something/someone's face after your second shot.

I think you all are right that, maybe it will just be the Pocket Infinity of shotguns with insane damage.

Bladelaw

So is Thorn the best handcannon in the game right now? Cause it feels real good. I'm glad something that was that big a pain in the ass to get (Hunter with only void green heavy at the time I got the bounty while also sucking at PVP) is worth the effort.

It hit hard with good enough stability and fire rate to wear down just about anything (shielded nightfall enemies notwithstanding). The DOT/pierce is just gravy on top of that,

When I get home I plan on running the Nightfall x3 and late tonight I hope to squeeze a hard mode raid run in, hoping for Fatebringer and the Helmet.

GhaleonEB

From that PS link, it says:

The ability to increase your Light level to 32, and five additional bounty slots.

Is that ANOTHER five slots, or maybe a mistake and they thought the five we got the other week are part of the update.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014...station-exclusive-content-detailed/#sf6072625

Increasing the bounty slots to 10 was originally announced as part of the expansion, but Bungie since split it off into an update. I think it's an outdated bullet point.

So is Thorn the best handcannon in the game right now? Cause it feels real good. I'm glad something that was that big a pain in the ass to get (Hunter with only void green heavy at the time I got the bounty while also sucking at PVP) is worth the effort.

It hit hard with good enough stability and fire rate to wear down just about anything (shielded nightfall enemies notwithstanding). The DOT/pierce is just gravy on top of that,

When I get home I plan on running the Nightfall x3 and late tonight I hope to squeeze a hard mode raid run in, hoping for Fatebringer and the Helmet.

Yeah, Thorn is seriously a blast now. So much fun just popping a few rounds down a hallway and letting the DoT do the rest of the work.

Ambitious

Wonderful. Since its a Hive Raid I'm guessing Solar and Arc might come in handy (Wizards and Knights). Then again VoG only had Praetorians shielded so elemental a might not even play an enormous role. I have 300/300/300 Solar, by next week I'll 300/300/300 Arc too just to be ready for whatever comes. It's almost embarrassing how excited I am for the new Raid :p

I'd love to use my Vex, but I don't have any solar/arc legendaries to complement it. All my special legendaries are Void. Guess I'm going to use the VoC and switch between Icebreaker, Patience and Time, Plan C and Pocket Infinity depending on the kind of encounter.
As for Solar/Arc heavy weapons.. I've got unmaxed Swarms (both types) and an unmaxed Arc rocket launcher. And an unmaxed Gjallarhorn, which I won't be able to use because of the exotic special weapons.

Yeah, I do regret dismantling so many special weapons now.

2nd week in a row getting 0 new things from 3 hard raids, 3 NFs and 3 Weeklies. Oh well, it was a fond farewell to the beloved VoG, I can live without the Timepiece. First legit templar was... shaky... but 2nd and 3rd were wipe-free. Very fun encounter. GG team.

2nd week in a row getting 0 new things from 3 hard raids, 3 NFs and 3 Weeklies. Oh well, it was a fond farewell to the beloved VoG, I can live without the Timepiece. First legit templar was... shaky... but 2nd and 3rd were wipe-free. Very fun encounter. GG team.

Out of curiosity, is there a specific strat you guys prefer for HM Templar cheese-free? Running it this week and wouldn't mind a few to review.

Sullichin

I always find myself compulsively meleeing enemies as a titan and I get reminded quickly why I am an idiot.
It messes me up soling nightfall every single time.

This one should be easy though. Staying up top where the Minotaur spawns still works right?

EL CUCO

Nightfall 1: 10 Strange Coins
Nightfall 2: crap pulse rifle
Nightfall 3: crap pulse rifle

I should have slept in.

Sounds like my results. I'm falling asleep at work. Could've used the extra hour to sleep.

I still have one more NF available with my newborn Titan. Hopefully he has more luck.

shem935

Banned

This one should be easy though. Staying up top where the Minotaur spawns still works right?

It should. Just watch out for the minotaur. Always found it usefull to have a couple teammates up there so I didn't get blindsided buy the minotaur.

I like going in that nook with the window. You have to jump a few platforms but you can easily avoid all adds and you have space to step away if hurt.

Has anyone ever tried to kill Aetheon with 0 Time's Vengence? I'm wondering if it's a parallel to the Templar teleports since both things are listed on the stats screen.

would anyone be interested in trying this out this evening? Just a normal raid, not hard.

Zakalwe

Banned
Has anyone ever tried to kill Aetheon with 0 Time's Vengence? I'm wondering if it's a parallel to the Templar teleports since both things are listed on the stats screen.

would anyone be interested in trying this out this evening? Just a normal raid, not hard.

Yes. First Gaf flawless team post patch did it sans TV.

Bladelaw

Does the Mythoclast wreck stuff in the Nightfall this week? I haven't been fortunate enough to get a Vision of Confluence and don't want to shuffle Mythoclast and Ice Breaker until the boss.

HighOnPCP

Reading all those Nightfall Rewards makes me fucking cringe already for mine later on :/
Like, if it wasn't this easy ass solar burn nexus I'd pass...no I wouldn't destiny is crack.

Seibmoz

Xbox one user here looking to Start Hard Mode and run up to a least the orcale checkpoint, Message Me XBL GT: Dr ChadMan

KxoZz

Is it possible during the templar fight for everyone to stay up at the spawn point, send one guy (warlock or titan) to get the relic and then that guy uses the pillar on the right to get back to the spawn point? I'm wondering because this method doesn't use any of the plattforms with kill-volumes. Has anyone tried it?

E92 M3

Would you guys be supportive if Bungie added some kind of special events for raids or modifiers? Play around with difficulty and maybe guarantee some kind of rewards.

LiK

We killed Atheon with no Time's Vengenance cuz he didn't teleport anyone for our Flawless trophy in Normal. Took longer but doable.

phen0m24

Out of curiosity, is there a specific strat you guys prefer for HM Templar cheese-free? Running it this week and wouldn't mind a few to review.
I think Doc recommended huddling up by the right side cave and having defenders pop WoD with orbs. Basically unlimited relic super and Horn away.
Sorry had to include a Horn mention.

phen0m24

Does the Mythoclast wreck stuff in the Nightfall this week? I haven't been fortunate enough to get a Vision of Confluence and don't want to shuffle Mythoclast and Ice Breaker until the boss.

Does a bear crap in the woods?
Solar burn. It wrecks nicely.

Zakalwe

Banned
Is it possible during the templar fight for everyone to stay up at the spawn point, send one guy (warlock or titan) to get the relic and then that guy uses the pillar on the right to get back to the spawn point? I'm wondering because this method doesn't use any of the plattforms with kill-volumes. Has anyone tried it?

I think sending the relic holder to the cave and to pop out periodically to take shields down while everyone else sits on the platform and snipes oracles and throw DPS on Templar is how some cheese it.

realcZk

Iiiiiiiiiiiice Breaker

do you need one? my brother got one from atheon the other day (hes level 26), i was super excited for him because its such a dope weapon, i'm fortunate enough to have purchased it from xur

i know you have the ballerhorn though... thats what I really want :)

Blazed through that solo with sunsinger + ice breaker. 5 coins. Seems about right. Shiiiiit, at least give me 7 coins so it is worth something!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom