• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT11| It goes up to 11!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was anyone dead at the time?

Nope. All 6 of us were alive. It was really weird. It ported 2 of us and 2 more (myself included) got ported for a split second. I even said "We're on Venus!" before I was back beside the sync plate. I looked around and there were 4 outside and 2 inside.

zewone

Under Weapons of Light Ice Breaker does 17k. However it only has 6 rounds and the recoil is pretty rough so you won't be able to shoot that many rounds. Praedyth's Revenge has a lot less impact but it's stable enough to let you shot it many more times, thus doing more total damage during Time's Vengeance. I've read numbers about Praetorian's Foil doing a ton of damage but I don't have it so I don't know.

Try using The Supremacy.

It has the same impact as an Ice Breaker, but it's only a legendary. Pretty stable as well.

EL CUCO

Thorn will be toned down a little in a future patch.

Too much buff all at once.

No more nerfs. Only buffs, plz.
Honestly, the only gun that I've ever truly felt needed a nerf in Destiny was the OG Vex (PVP ofcourse)

As it stands now every weapon can be countered. People also shouldn't be running around like it's COD knowing some weapons have become more potent. Thorn is just the latest flavor!

Lima

Try using The Supremacy.

It has the same impact as an Ice Breaker, but it's only a legendary. Pretty stable as well.

Well yeah RNG was not kind for many so it didn't drop for them during the Queens event. Besides if you don't have it there is no way to get it right now.

X-Frame

Try using The Supremacy.

Yup, my Supremacy has the same impact as Ice Breaker. I've never tried it on Atheon though, as it's not maxed out.

I don't like its perks -- Performance Bonus is okay but Clown Cartridge is annoying sometimes. It does have AP Rounds though. I may max it now seeing as how I will have lots of Energy for Legendaries.

Hopefully I can snag a few more Supremacy's when the Queen returns.

Did Bungie break nightfall with this last update?

Lock: 11 Shards. Da fuck?!
Hunter: 5 Strange Coins (That's less than the weekly. WTF?!).

I decided to jump out and try the Titan later.

Ragarra

Going to be running the Nightfall up to three times at 5pm. Anyone like to plan ahead with me and hook up then to run it?

Not planning on doing the weekly at that time, just Nightfall.

PSN: TheTylerDurden - feel free to add me!

Im down for running it twice. Have a 30 titan and a 27 or 28 sunbro. Think I already have you on PSN though. Mine is Ragarra. See you at 5pm Im guessing/hoping eastern?

Zakalwe

Banned
No more nerfs. Only buffs, plz.
Honestly, the only gun that I've ever truly felt needed a nerf in Destiny was the OG Vex (PVP ofcourse)

As it stands now every weapon can be countered. People also shouldn't be running around like it's COD knowing some weapons have become more potent. Thorn is just the latest flavor!

You can't only buff or power creep will emerge and TTK in pvp will drop.

Thorn needs to be toned down in pvp. They should leave it as is for pve.

It's a constant balancing act, which means buffs /and/ nerfs.

Mythoclast is great now, but dammit if it still doesn't have that ammo shortage problem. I am constantly running out of ammo unless I apply some strict trigger discipline.

I've heard that instead of using Aggressive Ballistics & Field Scout if you use Smart Drift Control & Send It, you have better control and don't waste as many bullets. As it stands, though, I won't be using Mytho with any one but my Warlock with Praxic Fire (has perk that adds ammo to fusion rifles).

Bizazedo

Yes, how dare we have a fun weapon to use! They can mess around with stuff in PVP but leave fun weapons alone in PVE. I hate the concepts of nerfs, I'd rather have everything strong and enjoyable ;)

I want to become a Bungie lobbyist, Bizazedo. Fight for the rights of weapons to exist.

Fight the good fight! At the very least, every time something different is tried, it gives us examples of what works and what doesn't.

EL CUCO

You can't only buff or power creep will emerge and TTK in pvp will drop.

Thorn needs to be toned down in pvp. They should leave it as is for pve.

It's a constant balancing act, which means buffs /and/ nerfs.

To balance TTK going down they can raise the HP. They have the actual numbers so I guess we'll see. But both Hawkmoon and TLW are PVP monsters. Thorn is the hero we deserve lol

X-Frame

How's Super Good Advice now? Need some opinions before I start upgrading it.

Check Datto's recent video where he talks about all the exotic changes.

I tried it last night against a wall and against mobs in Earth and it's definitely better. I don't think its good enough though for an Exotic Shard unless you have a lot. I have all the perks unlocked.

I'll try it in PvP this week too and let you know but I assume with the Heavy Ammo armor perk you could have a good deal of ammo and be liberal in basically firing constantly to hold down areas or corridors.

Still; I would much rather take Thunderlord as an exotic or Gjallarhorn/Truth over SGA. It went from a crappy exotic to decent.

I'm looking for some feedback on what weapon to buy from the vanguard vendor. I'd like to have a hand cannon primary. I can either buy TDYK or I can buy a void weapon (Comedian or Swarm) to help me complete the PVP part of the Thorn bounty. I have a rare void shotgun and rare void fusion rifle but no void heavy weapon. Any advice?

realcZk

I'm looking for some feedback on what weapon to buy from the vanguard vendor. I'd like to have a hand cannon primary. I can either buy TDYK or I can buy a void weapon (Comedian or Swarm) to help me complete the PVP part of the Thorn bounty. I have a rare void shotgun and rare void fusion rifle but no void heavy weapon. Any advice?

TDYK is really good.... really really good. But if you want Thorn (which is better :D ), your best bet is SWARM in my opinion, then just play Skirmish and camp the heavy ammo. The comedian is fine but only get it if you're comfortable with shotgun playstyle (agressive/risky). I recommend Skirmish because theres only 3 enemies you have to worry about and they usually travel together, so you can grab heavy and stick behind your team and grind it out. If you want help with this you can invite me psn is bytestyle, i play skirmish a lot

LiK

Get a Void HMG. Very useful for that bounty.

How's Super Good Advice now? Need some opinions before I start upgrading it.

Well I could have sworn mine had a stability perk which it now doesn't. Its base stability was increased so I jumped in ready to kick ass. Sadly it still fires like I'm sitting on a washing machine on full rinse cycle. Very disappointed.

breakfuss

Heard the Nightfall/Weekly is easy as hell this week. Thank God. Finally get a break after 2 weeks of bullshit. Now I won't feel so bad when I'm rewarded only with coins.

Sullichin

Void HMG or comedian if the rare stuff you have isn't any good for Crucible. Otherwise, get TDYK. One of the best legendary HCs.

Vendor TDYK is awesome

A_Gorilla

Banned
Just soloed nightfall in under 20 minutes.

Solar Burn + maxed of Mythoclast = I AM DEATH DESTROYER OF WORLDS.

Nexus went down in under 3 minutes.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor

TDYK is excellent. You can do the void bounty with rare weapons. I had the most success with rare void fusion rifles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom