• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT11| It goes up to 11!

Status
Not open for further replies.
playing with my vex in PVP yesterday was great, then all of a sudden a guy pulls out a hawkmoon and Kablam and I am dead in 2 shots...

why hasnt this one gotten nerfed? its as powerful as my vex was before they nerfed it.

obviously the vex is an autorifle compared to a hand cannon.. but still :)

Ourobolus

Banned
Sigh. Well at least the weeklies are out of the way for me. Now I just have 3 raids this week and I'm good for the week.

Kinda wish I had levelled VoC before today, but oh well. Time to level Fatebringer for next week.

Nightfall?

Psn: Router_Go_Vroom

Good strikes, man. Thanks for having me.

Sigh. Well at least the weeklies are out of the way for me. Now I just have 3 raids this week and I'm good for the week.

Kinda wish I had levelled VoC before today, but oh well. Time to level Fatebringer for next week.

Good strikes, man. Thanks for having me.

Yea :) good playing with you.

Nightfall 1: Bullet hose machine gun
Nightfall 2: 8 shards
Nightfall 3: 9 energies

Got one of my teammates a Hawkmoon AGAIN. Third time in two weeks. I am a rabbit's foot for Hawkmoons, except for myself.

Out of curiosity, is there a specific strat you guys prefer for HM Templar cheese-free? Running it this week and wouldn't mind a few to review.

There are definitely multiple viable strats but a very easy one is basically what I posted earlier about doing it for flawless. I'll modify them slightly but hard and flawless are extremely similiar except for damage scaling.

Easy Templar Flawless Strat

1.)Group up by cave on right side. Ignore oracles unless they are really easy to hit and cleanse everyone when marked (same as cheese, basically).
2.) Titan Defenders pop both WoL and BoL Wards of Dawn with perk that spawns Orbs when taking damage. Other classes can still generate orbs with their supers.
3.) Relic holder has nearly constant Super energy to take down shield.
4.) Maxed Found Verdict, Corrective Measure, Super Good Advice, etc. for detain shields (honestly just about anything will work). Maxed Icebreakers for Templar. Templar cries.

-Use rocket launchers very carefully, they're risky with the harpies and detain shields.
-Communication is just as important as always, especially calling out when shooting the relic super so that no one is jumping when detain shields go up.
-Don't use relic R1/R2 attacks to try to break detain shields, too risky that you will move through the shield and die. Jump in place and R2 smash attack, and let your teammates break the detain, especially if they are in the same detain bubble.

Has anyone ever tried to kill Aetheon with 0 Time's Vengence? I'm wondering if it's a parallel to the Templar teleports since both things are listed on the stats screen.

would anyone be interested in trying this out this evening? Just a normal raid, not hard.

Yeah first time I did flawless was 6 rounds of 0 teleported and 2 rounds of myself solo ported. He died with 0 T's V right before enrage. As far as we noticed, nothing was different but we were also distracted, haha.

Ourobolus

Banned
Ah well, assuming Xur doesn't have any exotics I don't have, that's at least 6 shards I can get this week. Hopefully I'll snag 3 more to be able to buy 7.

Haybro

Nightfall 1: Bullet hose machine gun
Nightfall 2: 8 shards
Nightfall 3: 9 energies

Got one of my teammates a Hawkmoon AGAIN. Third time in two weeks. I am a rabbit's foot for Hawkmoons, except for myself.

I'm pretty sure you were in the raid last week when I nabbed a hawkmoon. So thanks for that :).

charding exotics that you have two off is ok to get exotic shards. But I want to collect them all bungie, so please add MORE SPACE TO THE VAULT god damnit bungie!

E92 M3

playing with my vex in PVP yesterday was great, then all of a sudden a guy pulls out a hawkmoon and Kablam and I am dead in 2 shots...

why hasnt this one gotten nerfed? its as powerful as my vex was before they nerfed it.

obviously the vex is an autorifle compared to a hand cannon.. but still :)

A lot of weapons are OP now and that's great.

There are definitely multiple viable strats but a very easy one is basically what I posted earlier about doing it for flawless. I'll modify them slightly but hard and flawless are extremely similiar except for damage scaling.

1.)Group up by cave on right side. Ignore oracles unless they are really easy to hit and cleanse everyone when marked (same as cheese, basically).
2.) Titan Defenders pop both WoL and BoL Wards of Dawn with perk that spawns Orbs when taking damage. Other classes can still generate orbs with their supers.
4.) Maxed Found Verdict, Corrective Measure, Super Good Advice, etc. for detain shields (honestly just about anything will work). Maxed Icebreakers for Templar. Templar cries.

-Use rocket launchers very carefully, they're risky with the harpies and detain shields.
-Communication is just as important as always, especially calling out when shooting the relic super so that no one is jumping when detain shields go up.
-Don't use relic R1/R2 attacks to try to break detain shields, too risky that you will move through the shield and die. Jump in place and R2 smash attack, and let your teammates break the detain, especially if they are in the same detain bubble.

Sounds like this is the general consensus. Thanks!

I was able to get to 73/500 for the Thorn a bounty in just 2 skirmish matches. Never played skirmish but it is a lot more controlled and easier to get kills.

If anyone is available Wednesday after 6pm EST to put a skirmish fireteam together I would be greatful.

Sullichin

Made it to the room before the boss on Nightfall and decide to pop golden gun in front of all of the spawning goblins. Horrible idea.

300 Ice Breaker with actual explosions on kill is making this very easy, but I keep doing something stupid.

realcZk

does it feel like disappointment?

its just something we have no control over and thats what destiny is

I was able to get to 73/500 for the Thorn a bounty in just 2 skirmish matches. Never played skirmish but it is a lot more controlled and easier to get kills.

If anyone is available Wednesday after 6pm EST to put a skirmish fireteam together I would be greatful.

hit me up when you are playing skirmish, i always enjoy some 3v3. with good team coordination and proper map control (camping), you can get heavy ammo every time (use a void MG or RL) and rack up the points. (psn is bytestyle, i already have you added).

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Fucking Timebreaker and shards. Fuck. This. Game. I have like 11 Timebreakers now.

Yeah we did the templar legit. Used the exact same strat Drizz posted above, it was a piece of cake.

Haybro

Seeing everyone plowing though nightfalls and weeklies while I'm stuck at work really makes Tuesdays drag...

Anyone up for some nightfall action around 6:30 EST tonight?

zewone

Thorn is amazing in PVP now:

i2DALHQ.jpg

Worst ass kicking I've seen in a complete game:

Going to be running the Nightfall up to three times at 5pm. Anyone like to plan ahead with me and hook up then to run it?

Not planning on doing the weekly at that time, just Nightfall.

PSN: TheTylerDurden - feel free to add me!

Bizazedo

Or, another easy way.

Have four titan Defenders. He only teleports to one of two spots, initially. Alternate back and forth, moving over and popping a bubble. Annihilate the shield-less Templar. Oracles are not a problem. No Detains. The sightlines allow easy annihilation of incoming adds / Minotaurs.

We did it with three Titans. The person blocking the teleport can time their jump / fall to avoid all the Templar shots and not need a bubble, but that takes a modicum of skill, so.....

Thorn will be toned down a little in a future patch.

Too much buff all at once.
Ayup.

See, E92 :).

E92 M3

Thorn will be toned down a little in a future patch.

Too much buff all at once.

Yes, how dare we have a fun weapon to use! They can mess around with stuff in PVP but leave fun weapons alone in PVE. I hate the concepts of nerfs, I'd rather have everything strong and enjoyable ;)

I want to become a Bungie lobbyist, Bizazedo. Fight for the rights of weapons to exist.

ocean

Banned
What do you guys think would provide the highest DPS against Atheon out of Primary or Special Weapons?
Under Weapons of Light Ice Breaker does 17k. However it only has 6 rounds and the recoil is pretty rough so you won't be able to shoot that many rounds. Praedyth's Revenge has a lot less impact but it's stable enough to let you shot it many more times, thus doing more total damage during Time's Vengeance. I've read numbers about Praetorian's Foil doing a ton of damage but I don't have it so I don't know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom