• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT11| It goes up to 11!

Status
Not open for further replies.

EL CUCO

But that would equal the exact same thing in the end.

Not really. But hopefully it never gets to that point.

I was gunning Thorns down with the Vex last night with no problems, and I'm definitely no pro PVP player. Some people just need to learn to aim for the head or play smarter.

The game is already littered with one shot supers and heavys.

15742443008_8081b17c01_b.jpg

Wow, how original, Bungie

Edit: OK, this is cool:

15927925681_ce12e8c1cb_b.jpg

Thorn will be toned down a little in a future patch.

Too much buff all at once.

Is it really all that different?

Last night I didn't do any better or worse with it than I did back before it was broken. Does the one less second of reload time and 3 extra shots really give you that much of an edge over what it was before?

I typically end up reloading after every kill anyway and Thorn isn't really the kind of HC you'll just walk in and clear a room with like TLW so the extra shots weren't all that necessary although they probably are the biggest advantage to the buff. I still wouldn't put it on a higher tier than most of the other popular exotic HCs.

I think all the buffs did was make it useable in PvE again. I'll be disappointed if they nerf it.

hit me up when you are playing skirmish, i always enjoy some 3v3. with good team coordination and proper map control (camping), you can get heavy ammo every time (use a void MG or RL) and rack up the points. (psn is bytestyle, i already have you added).

That would be awesome! It is looking like Wednesday from 6pm-9:30pm EST, I am running all 3 weeklies/nightfalls tonight with my group, and have my raid group at 10pm EST on Wednesday.

Is it possible to have a Fireteam of 6 all with people you know and go into Skirmish 3v3?

Really? I always just go full armor for every class.

I started going full recovery/agi on my gunslinger hunter fairly recently. From a purely anecdotal standpoint, I was getting obliterated by a lot of people no matter what my armor was. Recovery/agi gives me a great chance to run away from "rough" situations to not only regain health, but gain a range/tactical advantage.

Zakalwe

Banned
Not really. But hopefully it never gets to that point.

Yes it would, which is why it's a silly thing to wish for everything to always be buffed.

I was gunning Thorns down with the Vex last night with no problems, and I'm definitely no pro PVP player. Some people just need to learn to aim for the head or play smarter.

The game is already littered with one shot supers and heavys.

You're missing the point entirely. This isn't a call for Thorn to be nerfed. I kill Thorn users just fine. This is an observation.

When they change weapon values they call it balancing. The key word there is "balance".

Is anyone running the hard raid around 4-5pm eat tonight that needs someone? I've got all 3 classes at 30 that need to do it.

My PSN is greyblade if you need to fill a hole.

LiK

I started going full recovery/agi on my gunslinger hunter fairly recently. From a purely anecdotal standpoint, I was getting obliterated by a lot of people no matter what my armor was. Recovery/agi gives me a great chance to run away from "rough" situations to not only regain health, but gain a range/tactical advantage.

Oh, cool. I'll try it out.

realcZk

That would be awesome! It is looking like Wednesday from 6pm-9:30pm EST, I am running all 3 weeklies/nightfalls tonight with my group, and have my raid group at 10pm EST on Wednesday.

Is it possible to have a Fireteam of 6 all with people you know and go into Skirmish 3v3?

6:30pm est is usually when I can get on, so that'll work for me. And nope, only 3 people can join a fireteam for Skirmish.

Zakalwe

Banned
Is it really all that different?

I think all the buffs did was make it useable in PvE again. I'll be disappointed if they nerf it.

I think it may be a little out of alignment in pvp. Nothing game breaking but it will very likely be looked at as they tweak other weapons.

Just an observation, as I said. It doesn't break the game or anything.

I think it may be a little out of alignment in pvp. Nothing game breaking but it will very likely be looked at as they tweak other weapons.

Just an observation, as I said. It doesn't break the game or anything.

I don't even mind so much if they toned it down (like I said I didn't notice a huge difference in my performance with it) but the last time they messed with anything they flat out broke the thing. So I'm hesitant with them messing with it at all.

As long as they keep the ROF/Impact/Range/DoT the same and just fiddle with mag size and reload rate then I'm fine with whatever they come up with.

E92 M3

I don't even mind so much if they toned it down (like I said I didn't notice a huge difference in my performance with it) but the last time they messed with anything they flat out broke the thing. So I'm hesitant with them messing with it at all.

As long as they keep the ROF/Impact/Range/DoT the same and just fiddle with mag size and reload rate then I'm fine with whatever they come up with.

Thorn and I will be seeing you in court for defamation.

2 hard raids down. Got Timepiece, Fatebringer, Vex, Epilogue and The Last Word besides shards/energy. All to be broken down. :p

WIll do with my Titan next, hope I can get them boots to get all my chars to level 30.

EL CUCO

Yes it would, which is why it's a silly thing to wish for everything to always be buffed.

You're missing the point entirely. This isn't a call for Thorn to be nerfed. I kill Thorn users just fine. This is an observation.

When they change weapon values they call it balancing. The key word there is "balance".

I get what you're saying, but why do you feel Thorn should get "toned down" then?

Zakalwe

Banned

Absolutely.

Giving it it's 7 tick back, 3 more rounds, /and/ faster reload was probably a little too much all at once.

E92 M3

2 hard raids down. Got Timepiece, Fatebringer, Vex, Epilogue and The Last Word besides shards/energy. All to be broken down. :p

WIll do with my Titan next, hope I can get them boots to get all my chars to level 30.

Wow, to get such generous drops. I have no idea how that feels.

gdt

Need 1 for hard gatekeeper and Atheon. Ps4 gdt5016

Hop in.

We've got 3 30s so it won't take long at all.

Temidien

Neo Member
Some of the most intense, rewarding firefights I've been in occurred while leveling my alts on missions where they're at level or a bit under. There's something to be said for not playing with a God-tier guardian (as good as that can also feel).

Even pre-DLC, I've noticed that most of the folks who are sick of the game just militantly refuse to make their own fun.

Wow... my heart cries to hear that.

Ugh same here, this game can be so fucked with its loot.

Timepiece and Vex are the only 2 items I have not yet received from the VoG, I have all other weapons, armour for all 3 classes and ships/sparrows/shaders.

The more you have, the harder it seems to get the loot you want. Feels impossible and just unfair.

Timepiece and Vex are the only 2 items I have not yet received from the VoG, I have all other weapons, armour for all 3 classes and ships/sparrows/shaders.

The more you have, the harder it seems to get the loot you want. Feels impossible and just unfair.

This is unfortunately too true. I feel like and addict as well, because I know I will continue to punish myself by running these raids over and over like a broken record just to finish out that loot list.

Deku Tree

Yes those are exactly the mathematical probabilistic odds. If everything is RNG and the random loot pool doesn't take into consideration what you already have... Then you are much more likely to get duplicates than get everything... That's why other MMO's have a token system now.... On the other hand it keeps us playing partially so maybe it is "working as intended"

Nexus with Solar burn?
That seemed very overpowered in our favor

Shit both weekly and nightfall have the burns!!! Amazing! Should take no time with my group tonight, wooohoo! Deku and Fixed we will get this done in no time.

Vision of Confluence, Ice Breaker and Hezen Vengeance shall dominate!

Zakalwe

Banned
I get what you're saying, but why do you feel Thorn should get "toned down" then?

It just feels a bit too effective right now. Not only can it kill fast but when you hit someone it almost always makes them retreat or go on the defensive which is a massive bonus already.

Maybe look at reload time? Keep clip size up but make you use your bullets more considerately?

I wish they've gone a different route and made it more focused on DOT. Like maybe have each individual shot do very little damage, but each new one stacks faster DOT to a cap.

honestrade might want to if he ends up getting the SWARM. If not, I'll have buddies online that need it as well.

Awesome! I hope I can get this Thorn bounty done, would be great. Thanks for the help!

This is unfortunately too true. I feel like and addict as well, because I know I will continue to punish myself by running these raids over and over like a broken record just to finish out that loot list.

Yes those are exactly the mathematical probabilistic odds. If everything is RNG and the random loot pool doesn't take into consideration what you already have... Then you are much more likely to get duplicates than get everything... That's why other MMO's have a token system now.... On the other hand it keeps us playing partially so maybe it is "working as intended"

Yeah, I really wish a token system would be implemented, or some way for the RNG system to read your previous drops and just up the probability for the ones you don't have.

We are all addicts at this point. I have 20 in game days logged...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom